Team List NRL 2017 Round 8 - Storm vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inruin

Contributor
I think getting CNK on the wing in first grade would be a great option. Would allow him to get up to speed with the pace of first grade and provide more flexibility for cover if anyone gets injured in the backiline

Big fan of CNK....but Kearney has never used a player with zero NRL experience in his tenure at the Warriors club.

As far as I an aware, Havili is the only player to have enjoyed a debut with zero NRL time under Kearney (Anzac test).

As such one can only imagine CNK making it in to an injury forced scenario.

.Ivan Clearly was similarly biased toward the tried and true.

Seeing CNK advocated for by fans reminds me of the Clearly era where Locke and Shaun Johnson were untried fan flavors of the month.

Stability is at hand.....Stability is ruining the fan experience.

This is a retro coaching scene after Cappy who changed players like undies...and his Mentor Elliot who was also forced by injury to play lots of noobs.

Last edited:
Big fan of CNK....but Kearney has never used a player with zero NRL experience in his tenure at the Warriors club.

As far as I an aware, Havili is the only player to have enjoyed a debut with zero NRL time under Kearney (Anzac test).

As such one can only imagine CNK making it in to an injury forced scenario.

.Ivan Clearly was similarly biased toward the tried and true.

Seeing CNK advocated for by fans reminds me of the Clearly era where Locke and Shaun Johnson were untried fan flavors of the month.

Stability is at hand.....Stability is ruining the fan experience.

This is a retro coaching scene after Cappy who changed undies like the wind....and his Mentor Elliot who was also forced by injury to play lots of noobs.

round 1 Isaiah Papalii

That was weird in hindsight, reward the young guy for training hard, see he isn’t ready for it, and backtrack immediately.

Erin Clark similar.
Because Erin Clark got dropped back to U20s as well you'd expect that it wasn't punishment or a backtrack, they're playing 80 minutes there and boosting the average age of an extremely young team. Must still have huge wraps on them if the club was willing to give them a gig in first grade already.

WarriorBall

In terms on Erin Clarke and his first grade selection it should be remembered that Luke was under an injury cloud, Nathaniel Roche was out after having surgery on his thyroid and Jazz Tevaga showed no form in the early season trials, I'm not even sure Tevaga's a hooker tbh his pass is poor and that should be your bread and butter as a dummy half.

His lack of experience probably speaks to why Clarke only got a handful of minutes, Kearney wasn't prepared to risk him unless Luke went down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bruce and Defence

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
based on the need for an injury replacement, CNK should be looking at a run on the wing. If Roger Tuivasa-Sheck does get injured you would drop Fusitua back there as he has shown he can cover if required. dropping CNK onto the wing. At the moment you would be required to put Bunty or Mannering in to cover a centre and have your centre cover wing or FB. IMO he should be in the top 20 just in case of a training injury. At least then you wouldnt have to ask for exemption and risk refusal if there is an injury.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Because Erin Clark got dropped back to U20s as well you'd expect that it wasn't punishment or a backtrack, they're playing 80 minutes there and boosting the average age of an extremely young team. Must still have huge wraps on them if the club was willing to give them a gig in first grade already.
Isaiah Papalii was given his debut because he played outstandingly well during his trial games. Do people forget the big minutes he played against the Titans when Ryan Hoffman went off early. He also scored a great try.

Not sure why he only played one game but he was always going to get dropped back. All part of his careful player management. Same happened with Sam Lisone who was dropped back to NSW Cup last year to help his body recover. People need to understand at the end of the day that Isaiah Papalii is still a kid, still growing and still adjusting to life as a fulltime professional athlete. He's got a huge future ahead of him but will have to be developed properly or the club will do him more harm than good...

Also remember other eyes other then Warriors eyes watch these teams as well.
One forum I was reading were talking about how they needed a hooker.
The topic was bought up about nabbing Erin Clark away from the Warriors
Mentioning he was the only reason the team was still in the game

With this Storm game I'm hoping 1 forward will take it upon himself to bring his A game, and stand out.
Hoffman vs the Raiders played outstanding IMO, complete form reversal over how he has been playing for us since joining. It seemed his carries had a bit more bite in them then usual.
If he can maintain that form it would be great to see another forward noticably up his game vs the Storm.
Remembering Gavet is already giving us good go forward.
We were able to match the Titans and Eels forward packs where the Raiders had a bit more beef which contributed in the end. (won't go on about bad reffing)
The Storm forwards are somewhere between so expecting us to be more then competitive....
Again you would hope the dumb / weak defensive efforts have been pointed out.

We have the last game of the round so all eyes are on us. God I hope our game plan comes together this round.

Would add Mutts to the bench if we are confident of getting 15 minutes each half out of him.

14 Ben Matulino
15 Roach
16 Ligi Sao
17 Sam Lisone

Last edited:

WarriorBall

Weird waiting for a Tuesday game, will be even weirder next year I suppose when they play on a Wednesday!

Status
Not open for further replies.