• B

• C+

• F

• Z-

Results are only viewable after voting.
¿N. ig-mah¿

¿N. ig-mah¿

The usual disappointment.

How can we have the team who consistently falls short. Bad last play options, and we must be the worst team for allowing off-loads in endless standing tackles. How come our players go to ground easily, but we cant put opponents down?

Matulino - still bothers me seeing him jog into the line. He doesn't appear to have a sprint. And when he goes to ground, no fight in the tackle. Just waits patiently for the opposition to set before he slowly rises.

Johnson - worst last play options. Always a high bomb thats too deep for us to chase. We never get to contest his high balls. That stupid chip near the end was just his usual style. He should have put it along the ground. Always on the ground in close. He needs someone to call his play for him.

That 2 pointer was embarrassing. We have 2 former captains on the field, the curent captain, and our organising halves to decide whether to take the two or not. Couldn't do it. Had to wait for it to be phoned in.

Sure, we were competitive. Sure they are first on the ladder, and consistently one of the top teams, but I would just love to see us ve competitive and WIN for once. Or better yet, we must be due to dominate a team again. Its been years.

We never even look a threat of a line break, or of crashing over through thd middle. We are so boring and so predictable, and so mind-numbing.

I miss the days when I was excited to sit down and watch them play. I used to sit forward in my seat and hold my breath often. Now I laze on the recliner and just wait for the loss to come.

I don't even bother to put on a jersey on gameday anymore. Up until 2 years ago, that was a requirement of my day.

How long do I havd to wait to be excited by them again?

Afakasi247

Afakasi247

Want to blame the refs but no. This loss is on us.

We had opportunities to put the foot on the throat and didn't. We were gassed in the last 15. Storm found a second wind for some reason....OK when the touch judge makes a ridiculous call on the Addo-Carr try where that should have went to the Bunker, maybe the Storm had the "rub of the green".

The last hurdle for this team is to have the resilience to overcome that adversity. 2 weeks taking 2 of the top teams in the comp to the throat in their back yard only to have some decisions (questionable or not) go against us... while it fucken sucks it isn't new and should almost be expected.

Despite that theres no bad taste in my mouth. We now know we can go toe to toe with the best.

Now we need to become one of the best.

We will test every team that comes our way. Teams will fear playing us.

We need to make their fears turn into reality.

But tonight - Shaun Johnson played hard, Foran not looking 100%. Gavet well contained but still pulled his socks up. Bodene bad read and error when slotting in for Kata. I've defended Maumalo but starting to believe Vatuvei will replace him if healthy. Ayshford defensively sound as well as Fusitua, who im happy to see scoring again. Hoffy continuing his confidence, Sao played good minutes as did Lisone. Luke was awesome off the back of fast play the balls. Lillyman meh and Mutts had a solid first hit out.

Mannering as advertised but my MOM for us was Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. Will go down as one of the greatest Warriors if he sticks around.

Lastly, SK needs to revise his sub with Luke and Roache. You can't have Luke on the bench in the last 10 with the game on the line. Either He spells Luke either side of half time or Luke plays 80. Roache ends up being ineffective and you have a cog in the Kiwi spine on the bench in crunch time.

Otherwise Warriors should keep sticking to the process - they'll go a long way this season.

Last edited:
Rizzah

Rizzah

Stop Being Shit
Contributor
Great effort, we certainly look to be improving. Defence is looking pretty solid. and we look dangerous on attack. such a relief to see!
way too many missed tackles (40) and errors/penalties at crucial times.
Bit troubling that Foran looks off the pace for the second game in a row... Hammies?

Maddog

Maddog

Not a bad effort, the Storm got the two because of a few clutch plays. Thomson getting burned for pace by Chambers hurt the most.

Negatives - Back to back penalties and last tackle penalties.
Run out of air and ideas towards the end.. Commentary was right, Johnson/Foran needed to come up with the right decisions but didn't.
Lack of offloads/2nd phase ball.
Use of the interchange - Lack of impact, Warriors looked clueless with Roache at hooker.. Luke has to be on the last 10min... Use Roache or the reserve Hooker between the 50-60mins

Postives - less handling errors than last week, threatened the Storm with ball in hand and scrambled well in defence. Matulino's return. Were in the contest till the end.

Can't believe some of Cummins calls.. the leg trip from Munster and the grab of the leg by Vunivalu which should have been a Warriors penalty and given them the ball on the Storm 20m, Instead Storm score shortly afterwards.. arrh!

Overall need to now desperately win next week and have showed enough over the last few that they can!

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
excellent game.

if kata stays on I think we possibly win, just knew they would target bodene with the faster outside backs

a couple of criticisms:

bodene and ken crucial errors again. I like ken's effort but I wonder how Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad would go on that wing

that backline move gave us two in easy tries. Not sure why we didn't work towards doing it again at the end of the game when we had the chance

we seem to lose a lot of speed of service from dummy half when roache comes on. Needs to improve quickly

great heart and great defence. I have been waiting for a long time to say that about my team. If we play like that for the rest of the year we will win enough games to hit the 8

Last edited:

mjak123

I said after the Eels win we would lose our next 6 games..nothing I saw tonight has changed my view..if SK persists with Ken Kata Sio...hes too stubborn to make changes mean while we keep slipping down the table...

Reactions: dean

Danpatmac

We aren't a great team.
In fact we are a very, very mediocre team.

But, that is a vast improvement on the embarrassment we have been for years.

There is a desire to defend and pride in our line, I'm really enjoying seeing us scramble and put in multiple efforts.
It is clear that Foran is really nowhere near 100% but he is a hard little kent, giving everything he has.

Asofa-Solomona just played his way into a Kiwi jersey I think.