General NRL 2017 Round 8 - General Discussion

Danpatmac

Haven't we been trying?

The prob is he'll follow up a good game with a poor one. The guy is already very Warriors like in his ability to mix the sublime with the horrible.

Yip lots of errors and missed tackles in his game... it's a no from me.

Reactions: 1 user
Why are UK backs so shithouse in the NRL?

Sarginson looks like he would struggle to play ISP

Apparently they don't spend as much time in the gym over there.
Someone who was on the warriors staff (and also played in the super league) told me they were shocked how weak Tompkins was when he showed up- esp in the lower body- he had no power in his legs.
He reckons that's why u used to see him pulled down by the collar or an arm all the time- he could beat his man but just didn't have the power to carry him through the gap.

Reactions: 2 users
Confusing myself. Think that time is correct
I'm in Reims, France at the moment and will be in Paris on Game day.
Think you are on the money with your 11am on the 25th France time.

Looks like a Tuesday night game in Melbourne at 7pm Melbourne time on the 25th.
Must be a Tuesday game due to Anzac Day.

Haven't we been trying?

The prob is he'll follow up a good game with a poor one. The guy is already very Warriors like in his ability to mix the sublime with the horrible.

Not sure on that but we see things differently. One thing about pulu is he has a good motor and a good offload. Yeah I would like to see him back home even if he did sign the front of my sons titans hat.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor

your start time looks right - i think its an 8 hour difference between melb and paris. So 11am sounds on the money.

Great win by the titans last night.
Watching hurrell and Feki have a catch up at the end of the game I'd have to admit I thought it would be nice to have them two available for us on tues- konnie and Fusitua on the right, kata and feki on the left.
Better than what we got now anyway.

Not sure about pulu- he does have a nice offload but sk would tell him to put it away anyway so a bit pointless signing him if we're not gonna use his strengths.
Would probably struggle to hold down a spot in the 17 here too considering afoa, vete, satae and the Sipley bros are all stuck in reserve grade.
If we're gonna recruit forwards I think they have to be clearly better than what we already have.
Not convinced he fits the bill.

Reactions: 1 users
Great win by the titans last night.
Watching hurrell and Feki have a catch up at the end of the game I'd have to admit I thought it would be nice to have them two available for us on tues- konnie and Fusitua on the right, kata and feki on the left.
Better than what we got now anyway.

Not sure about pulu- he does have a nice offload but sk would tell him to put it away anyway so a bit pointless signing him if we're not gonna use his strengths.
Would probably struggle to hold down a spot in the 17 here too considering afoa, vete, satae and the Sipley bros are all stuck in reserve grade.
If we're gonna recruit forwards I think they have to be clearly better than what we already have.
Not convinced he fits the bill.
Was impressed with the tits. Thought Konnie had his best game for them thus far. Good hit ups, decent job on defence, played close to a full game if I recall (please correct me if I'm wrong). It was great to see him come back strong after his injury stint.

Was impressed with the tits. Thought Konnie had his best game for them thus far. Good hit ups, decent job on defence, played close to a full game if I recall (please correct me if I'm wrong). It was great to see him come back strong after his injury stint.

He was really destructive esp in the first half- looked a bit gassed towards the end.
Great try saver by Holmes to bring him down although I was surprised konnie tried to step inside him- in the old days he would've gave him the old hip bump- might've had visions of the last time he done that to someone in a sharks jumper- broken jaw....

The tits are a bit light on depth but at full strength they're gonna trouble sides.

Another key point from that game was the out of play call against Mybe in the first half.

The ref clearly said it is an obscure one but as Mybe was in front of the play the ball he was out of play and could not be run on side. Now this Warriors fan remembers a big debate we had with a similar incident a couple of years ago against the Titans where a guy who was out of play ended up picking up a lose ball and the ref said he was run on side.

So special mention to our boy surfin surfin for picking that up.

tajhay

🏉

Citygirl

Contributor

Great thanks. I'll be heading to Paris on game day so will watch the replay. Merci

Reactions: 4 users

Citygirl

Contributor
Hey Citygirl Citygirl, check the countdown clock on the forum page as to what time it says on your time zone. Make sure that your account preferences has your france timezone set:
https://www.nzwarriors.com/account/preferences to give the correct time.

Also since no broadcasting rights in France you will be able to view the game on your comp or desktop over there!
https://livestream.com/nrl/events/7103335
Awesome thanks. Might try and check that out actually,otherwise will have to wait for the replay.

And once again Cleary shows how good a coach he is, and this is something that no one can deny, Great coach = wins

Good One Warriors :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling::bawling:
Bet you still yearn for your first girlfriend at school too?
Not a Doggies fan at all but in my eyes Tigers got very lucky if the truth be told.

tajhay

🏉
Bet you still yearn for your first girlfriend at school too?
Not a Doggies fan at all but in my eyes Tigers got very lucky if the truth be told.
Tigers might have got lucky, but you could argue that even that is more than what our team achieved in round 3 against the Dogs. If the Warriors had come off and beaten the Dogs we woulda been ecstatic. Sometimes past girlfriends were more fun than the current ones.

• Haha