Gameday NRL 2017 Round 8 - General Discussion

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
NRL 2017 Round 8 - General Discussion

R8 draw.png

A thread for all 2017 Round 8 team lists, discussions, news and views. Serves as a team list thread and game day discussion for all games through the week (besides the Warriors one of course :) ).

Feel free to add team lists as they become available people. Thank you...

WarriorBall

Canberra at home against Manly, interesting to see if they rack up a score after we played them last week, Matty Johns reckons it's the hardest road trip in the NRL.

eric

1st Grade Fringe
May 27, 2015
GC
Canberra at home against Manly, interesting to see if they rack up a score after we played them last week, Matty Johns reckons it's the hardest road trip in the NRL.
Manly actually have a decent record there. Over the last few years, anyway. I think Canberra will win tonight, though.

WarriorBall

Manly actually have a decent record there. Over the last few years, anyway. I think Canberra will win tonight, though.
Yeah righto, they've been good away this year, might be a contest.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
DCE is overrated, he is clueless sometimes
Twice now they have run it on the last tackle. One with a silly hit up and the second was all him.

He hasn't looked as good since all of their experience players like B Stewart, G Stewart, Lyon, Matai, Watmough and Foran left the club. That is worth mentioning as he gets compared to Johnson often due to both playing in the 2011 Grand Final and debuting around the same time.

Reactions: eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
DCE is overrated, he is clueless sometimes
I reckon him and Johnson are still pretty similar occasionally glorious, breaking the line and laying on tries left and right, but mostly not.

Manly are a Preview of what we'll look like, a million dollar man and a bunch of tradesmen up front.

Johnson still better athlete, better player but of the same ilk

Reactions: ryno and wallacenz

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I reckon him and Johnson are still pretty similar occasionally glorious, breaking the line and laying on tries left and right, but mostly not.

Manly are a Preview of what we'll look like a million dollar man and a bunch of tradesmen up front.

Johnson still better athlete, better player but of the same ilk
I agree, I think paying huge money for SJ might end up being a monumental mistake, he hasn't taken us to the finals for 6 years so I dont think paying him more at the expense of the rest of the roster will improve our chances

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
I agree, I think paying huge money for SJ might end up being a monumental mistake, he hasn't taken us to the finals for 6 years so I dont think paying him more at the expence of the rest of the roster will improve our chances
But we can't buy anyone nearly as good either, catch 22. All depends on the price I guess.

We've looked awful without him.

Viking

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
Manly are smashing Canberra in every stat except penalties and trys conceded.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Manly are smashing Canberra in every stat except penalties and trys conceded
And points.;)

Hey your the boxing guy. Looking forward to skipping the league on Sunday (keeping on topic:p) and watching Berto vs Porter on Sunday. It's within my current budget. Free.

• Haha
Reactions: Viking

WarriorBall

We must be due a try from a ricochet.

Edit: Just remembered Hoffmans from last week ;)

Viking

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 12, 2012
And points.;)

Hey your the boxing guy. Looking forward to skipping the league on Sunday (keeping on topic:p) and watching Berto vs Porter on Sunday. It's within my current budget. Free.
That's about as much as I spend on boxing unless it's a live show. Will make an exception for Parker v Fury though.

Reactions: Defence

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
That's about as much as I spend on boxing unless it's a live show. Will make an exception for Parker v Fury though.
My budget for MMA and Boxing has gone down significantly. More due to time now that I have kids and the PPVs are on during the day where I'm trying to keep them under control.

To get back on topic. Many are winning the points stat now.;)

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Wighton would make a good warrior LOOKS like a good player, regular clangers and brain explosions

leaguejunkie

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 20, 2016
Canberra crowd is straight aids. Nothing but booing when their team is on attack in an attempt to get a penalty.

• Haha
Reactions: Viking