Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
NZWarriors.com
Reaction score
NRL 2017 - Round 5 - Warriors vs Titans Post Match Discussion
New Zealand Warriors 28 vs 22 Gold Coast Titans
Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland

NRL+Rd+17+Warriors+v+Titans+4ysHSCaRQANx.jpg

Thread to share your thoughts on the Round 5 game between the New Zealand Warriors and the Gold Coast Titans after the match. Name your Man of the Match, discuss the coach, captain, starting team, bench, opposition, game tactics, substitutions, errors (or lack thereof), penalties (or lack thereof) highs, lows, refs etc.

Dont forget to rate the players... https://www.nzwarriors.com/matches/2017-r5.81/

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Khaboom

Khaboom

Warriors Bench Player
Reaction score
When Ayshford missed that tackle and then Lissone left the gate wide open, I almost... did what I do most every game.

No Top 8 performance but the second half was much better. Foran did a really good job. Missed tackles apart, my biggest gripe s were 1) a big loop pass from Mannering in from of the posts when anything competent would have set us up and 2) the absolute lack of threat from the Kata/Maumalo combination.

2-3 is so much better than 1-4. Luke was a different player today.

Reaction score
Jay M

Jay M

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
MOM - Luke. Apparently had a difficult week - really shone tonight. Honourable mention - Foran.

The forwards lifted tonight - definitely so in the second half.

Yes they had injury problems. Warriors have had confidence problems. One win can start a streak... Let's see how that confidence comes through. Now they will have belief they can come from behind and win.

Some shit plays by various players. But a win is a win. Next week we could be 3-3...

Reaction score
goldcoast-warriors-fan

goldcoast-warriors-fan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Was about to give in to the hype and Rate the game excellent but took a breath and remembered there's still a lot to work on, and Titans lost a lot of players in that game. Also Hoffmans field goal was NOT touched haha. Loving what gavet and Sao bring to the team need to stay! Keep it up boys

Reaction score
Jwoodzy02

Jwoodzy02

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Who got MoM

Reaction score
rugged

rugged

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
RTS made a real difference. Good energy, I had nearly forgotten what it is like to have a FB that manages to get out of the in-goal.

Reaction score
Horriors2014

Horriors2014

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Well it's a start. Bully was my MOM. So I guess the theory looks good so far-the spine lifted just having him there. Agree with the Ayshford comments. He totally butchered a couple of plays-how hard is it to fucken pass to your right to a try-scoring machine in the clear? Also I hope any Maumalo supporters look at the way he stopped and didn't take on the smaller chasers when he was given great ball in the clear. HE IS NOT A WINGER..

Reaction score
goldcoast-warriors-fan

goldcoast-warriors-fan

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
Well it's a start. Bully was my MOM. So I guess the theory looks good so far-the spine lifted just having him there. Agree with the Ayshford comments. He totally butchered a couple of plays-how hard is it to fucken pass to your right to a try-scoring machine in the clear? Also I hope any Maumalo supporters look at the way he stopped and didn't take on the smaller chasers when he was given great ball in the clear. HE IS NOT A WINGER..
He's way too slow look at what JAC did for storm last night in less space

Reaction score
Horriors2014

Horriors2014

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
I say try Maumalo at second row or lock. Could be a master stroke. You'll either see how soft he actually is or he will be the damaging runner the forward pack needs. I first saw him there in NSW cup. He looked like he could handle himself. Worth a try I reckon. Espesh if Bodene is out.

Reaction score
Ever Hopeful

Ever Hopeful

1st Grade Fringe
Reaction score
We might actually be competitive if we can eradicate the 15 minutes we concede 3 tries every game.

I've wanted Foran at the Warriors more than any other player since 2011 and tonight (early days I know) he showed why. Plays direct and others follow, combines well with SJ and there will be space created for others. Talked with the team at every breakdown and you can tell how much the rest of the team respect him. Would love to have him signed on and captain in 2018 myself.

Looking forward to sending the Hoff off to retirement next year, he has been a defensive liability due to tired old legs that can't quite move quick enough to cover. It has been hurting us for the last 12 months now.

Kata needs a week in reserve grade, if for nothing else than to give someone else one all or nothing chance to play for his spot and also to give him a break. CNK up and I'm still okay with Ayshford having one more week despite a poor showing in the first half

Last edited:
Reaction score
InsideBall

InsideBall

Warriors 1st Grader
Reaction score
Called it. Watch SJ go to another level with Kieran in the side... those two were absolutely outstanding today.

This spine is only going to get better, the more they play. This is a special, once is a lifetime spine we have right now, hopefully they can make the most of it.

Funny that, even though Kieran is wearing 6, he is most definitely playing halfback.

Reaction score
tajhay

tajhay

On compassionate leave
Reaction score
Standouts, the entire spine plus Gavet.

Good game, great to get the two points but our defence still needs a lot of work.

Top Bottom