Team List NRL 2017 Round 4 - Dragons vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan G

Was Vete even named in NSW Cup or does he have to sit out this weekend? I thought they had the same rules as NRL where they couldn't bring in a new player?

No surprise though, easily been the most disappointing forward for me so far this year, and that's saying something.

No feeling of panic at all in this move, bringing Gavet up to FG.

Probably not going far enough, but if it signals a long term trend away from Vete, and towards Gavet then it might have an effect on the squad.

I hope it's hard to get dropped, harder to get selected again. Vete needs a good month in reserves to fix his game IMO. But in saying that, he's not the only one who could use some time down below.

Vete has been disappointing but Lisone has been far worse this season imo. His defense which has never been his strong suit has regresssed so much this year (Mbye try last week was terrible effort) still is mistake prone and always seems to be looking for an fight and his effort is questionable. If anyone needs an long extended stay in reserves imo it would be him.

Last edited:
would prefer gavet in for gubb......
I don't get Gubb.

On defense he's a wild boar. Unhinged and dangerous.
507798_stock-photo-half-man-half-wild-boar-attack.jpg

But on attack he's the Michelin Tyre Man.
d05eed1eb43f6d43c36602eb6b34e96c.jpg

It's a split personality disorder if ever I saw one.

'Gavet.....'. Daryl Halligan exclaims.....that's French.....how did he get a French name ?.....(or words to that effect).

French Polynesia Chook.....Aotearoa NZ has a bit of History there....

Gavet played in the Dragon slayer side last year.

Smart move giving him a shot without need for a tramadol drama.

Seriously.....the club screwed up by not rewarding him and the others for standing on the wall and keeping bad man out.

The funny thing about Kearney....is that you can't pick who he will favor after a single game.

You see that with the Kiwis (ala Zeb Taia plays one of the greatest debuts for NZ and never gets picked again).

On the flip side.....is that if Gavet did have the good fortune to be allowed to prove himself under SK.....he would find a very Loyal coach.

Just ask....
Adam Blair, Jason Nightingale, Sam McKendry, Thomas Loolooeye, Simon Mannering, Manu Vatuvei...who have all enjoyed SK's backing no matter how their NRL form is.....or who else is available to threaten their spots.

So.....if Gavet plays well like he did last year against the Dragons.....wot will Kearney do the following week ?

I hope I get to see that scenario unfold.

Last edited:

tajhay

🏉
but Gubb tries real hard
He does, noone disputes that. its just that besides tackles he doesnt provide any impact off the bench. You could argue that the last thing we need is a tackling machine based on the consensus that our backrow is made up of 'tacklebots' rather than attacking runners.

Stats so far in 2017.

Gubb 2017
gubb_2017.PNG

Vete 2017
vete_2017.PNG

Lisone 2017
lisone_2017.PNG

For mine, Lisone provides the most value off the bench of the 3, but its just the stupid shit that he does that irks the fuck out of me, especially in key field positions. He certainly brings energy when on the field, and that is something we really need, just needs to control himself. Disappointed with Vete so far as thought this would be the season where he really grows as a key component of our pack. Considering Gubb and Vete are playing for their future for next season (either with us or another club) you would think they would show up more. I like Gubb, i really do, but not sure if he is what this club needs. Gubb would probably be better off going to another club that could develop other aspects of his game. At this club he will always be sent in middle of the game just to provide some defensive starch. A club like NQLD could really develop his game.

So our forward pack just got smallero_O
Vete has been a little disappointing this year and I agree with bringing gavet in but I would've liked to see him replace gubb or lisone (in that order).
I know some people would've liked to keep hingano on the bench but I'd rather see him keep developing playing 5/8 in reserve grade for 80 minutes than used (or maybe not used..) as a utility- sitting on the bench for 1st grade.

He does, noone disputes that. its just that besides tackles he doesnt provide any impact off the bench. You could argue that the last thing we need is a tackling machine based on the consensus that our backrow is made up of 'tacklebots' rather than attacking runners.

Stats so far in 2017.
Based on those stats Vete is clearly being punished for his offloads...

So our forward pack just got smallero_O
Vete has been a little disappointing this year and I agree with bringing gavet in but I would've liked to see him replace gubb or lisone (in that order).
I know some people would've liked to keep hingano on the bench but I'd rather see him keep developing playing 5/8 in reserve grade for 80 minutes than used (or maybe not used..) as a utility- sitting on the bench for 1st grade.
No more utility players tick.
I don't think the Warriors coaches have ever understood how impatience with Hohaia and Godinet was a symptom of the wrong coaching model...a symptom we live with today.

So what if Wane Bennett can turn Aussie systems trained Lockyer into a fb, or Milford into a half.

Those dudes have special environments: A super pro college comp, Wayne, A massive culture of winning at the club, competitive forwards, serious depth from Salary cap favors to help with their positional switching.

It is easier to thread a Wayne pupil through the eye of the needle.....than for a Warrior greenhorn to be forced to master all kungfu styles in five minutes.

Gubb gets a lot of love on other club Forums "we should sign him, he would add Mongrel to our pack ".

Maybe Charlie belongs elsewhere.....a club with brilliant go forward...that can afford a defensive hit man from the bench to up the tempo of a strong pack ?

Looking at it from an outsiders pov I recon Charlie should go offshore....the Warriors aren't in a position to appreciate his particular skill set.

Ironically the Dragons would look pretty fierce with Packer, Simms and Gubb delivering the mongrel for their otherwise clinical forward packs.

Reactions: bruce
For next week, I hope they bring Ligi Sao and Patrick Sipley into the 17.
For the reserves last week, Sao ran for 189m and Sipley ran for 178m.
I'd have a prop rotation of Lillyman, Sao, Lisone and P. Sipley.

Also I hope they bring in CNK in place of Tui on the wing, he ran for 256m last week for the reserves, scored a try and was involved in everything.

Also I hope they bring in CNK in place of Tui on the wing,
but what everyone wants to know can CNK skip, jump and dance in the air like Tui?

Have to agree, we really need big bodies going forward, I was hoping at least Sao would be there this week but I bet hes not far off and on SK radar.
I dont mind Vete being dropped, hasnt really did much, hope its enought to give him a wake up call, happy for Gavet but we still look thin up front.

I really hope the boys can do it this week, just to stay in touch on the ladder board

WarriorBall

Certainly glad Kearney's decided to make a change simply because it's puts the other Props on notice, words spoken during honesty sessions are all well and good but taking action sends a bigger message to the players.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bruce and jonno
Status
Not open for further replies.