Team List NRL 2017 Round 4 - Dragons vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.

WarriorBall

Trying to run the Warriors ragged isn't exactly a new strategy to those sides who believe they have the superior fitness like the Dragons so Kearney and his coaching staff should know what the Dragons are going to throw at them.

Our defense is still very suspect but there's an area of improvement I've noticed from last season and that's our ability to come up in a line then fan out as required, okay the line speed may not be 100 percent but were not committing to the player with the ball until he makes a decision and actually engages the line, there's been the occasional one on one spot tackle but even if the player manages an offload our scramble has largely been good so those are positive signs for us. Having Roger Tuivasa-Sheck back should benefit our defensive numbering and our housekeeping at the back.

To limit their game plan we need to control their ruck and we do it like the best teams do it with solid marker defense and by getting to the ball carrier in numbers, wrapping the ball up and managing the player to the ground long enough to reset our defensive line but not so long that we give away penalties, it's a fine line.

I may be proven wrong and I'll be stoked if I am but with our Prop rotation at the moment I don't see our middles dominating the Dragons on attack by punching holes and offloading or bending their line or even getting too many quick play the balls TBH so we need to do those other things well off the ball so we can get some parity there because our advantage is that our back line matches up favorably compared to theirs.

Looking for Vete, Lisone and Gubb to fire up if named, much depends on their performance until Matulino returns.

Reactions: 4 users
The last game of the round. We have a long wait ahead of us; it better be worth it.:mad: Otherwise I'm going to head to bed early and sulk or is that have nightmares.:oops:

Do we want the Tigers to pull of the sacked coach upset so our guys hopefully get some motivation to not be last? Or do we cheer on the Storm to save some potential embarrassment?

Some of the other sides would need to get a real hiding to match our current for and against.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

tajhay

🏉
The last game of the round. We have a long wait ahead of us; it better be worth it.
Think of the positives. Atleast their performance can't fuck up the entire weekends for us when they have played on Friday nights. I'm sure all our partners would be appreciating that we are playing on Sunday night rather than earlier on.

• Haha
Reactions: 15 users
Pressure on forwards to perform as 'big four' set to finally take the field for Warriors
MARVIN FRANCE AND DAVID LONG
Last updated 15:47, March 24 2017
1490323639546.jpg

Tuivasa-Sheck and Foran are yet to receive the final clearance, but even if they are, 'Roger Tuivasa-Sheck' says their performance will be dictated by the men up front.

"When (the attack) works the forwards are strong, when it doesn't work the forwards aren't that strong," he said. "We've got players like Shaun Johnson, Ata (Hingano), maybe Foran, myself and Tui (Lolohea) at the back. For them to play their footy they need the boys at the front need to punch up."

Luke echoed his captain's comments and as one of the leaders of the pack, admitted he took last week's display personally.

"It's great to have Kieran back but I'm more focused on the middles," the hooker said. "I failed there last week so my job is to make sure they go forward this week and if Kieran does get on then he'll reap the rewards."

The Dragons have had their own issues on attack recently, but if there is one thing the club can depend on it's their rugged forwards, as shown during last week's gritty win over reigning premiers Cronulla.

It's an extremely well balanced group, with size from former Warrior Russell Packer and Paul Vaughan, strike in the edges in the form of Tyson Frizell and Joel Thompson, while Tariq Sims and Leeson Ah Mau offer plenty of impact off the bench.

But as long as the Warriors play smart and as a unit, Tuivasa-Sheck is confident they can limit the Dragons' effectiveness.

"The biggest thing we're working on is our support play, not letting a forward go on their own," he added. "Going in twos, going in threes, trying to hold off their middle because they're a team that likes to send three into one tackle."

The game will be a special occasion for Simon Mannering, who will make is 262nd appearance for the club, surpassing Stacey Jones' previous record of 261 games.

As Mannering's career has gone on he has reached many milestones, which he's been reluctant to talk about, but even he realises this one is special.

"I wasn't too fazed with it, but then I thought about it and with Stacey there and growing up watching him play as a kid, looking up to him so much," he said.

"Then having the chance to play alongside him and be coached by him and now to be almost recognised alongside him, that's what's special.

"What really hits home is that Stacey was there and I'm getting my name mentioned alongside his now."

Although Mannering will take the record, he says he'll never take over from the Little General as being the Warriors' greatest player.

"I know he's really proud of the record," Mannering said of Jones.

"So I sort of don't want to take it off him, he's such a legend of the club. He still be, no matter who's played the most games for the club. He'll still be the greatest Warrior we've had at the club."

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/...ur-set-to-finally-take-the-field-for-warriors

Let's Bloody hope so!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 3 users
Kerneys boring, high completion rate systems are going to defeat our no.1 bogey team.

And the winning is going to feel good.

• Haha
Reactions: 8 users
Now's a fine time for the NRL to grow some stones and tell the 3 clubs who they fined for not following the concussion protocols that those players are scrubbed for the weekend....

And subsequently screw up and name two Dragons players as being the "guilty" parties. Parker and Widdop got knocked out last week and the Dragons didn't abide by the concussion rules.

I saw that plain as day. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Mannering = Warrior GOAT

These lazy shirt grabbing cu**s in the team don't understand how good they have it with Mannering covering their asses.
Yeah I agree and it worries me when you hear the skip talk about what it means to the team to have SM in the team. His quote in his interview was like "the boys really look at him for inspiration and motivation cos he just turns up and he's keen to do the work and everyone loves that". It seems like they are all just happy that he does so much work so they can do less? Maybe I'm reading too much into it..........

Think of the positives. At least their performance can't fuck up the entire weekends for us when they have played on Friday nights. I'm sure all our partners would be appreciating that we are playing on Sunday night rather than earlier on.
I read this sentiment all the time.
I have enjoyed my Friday free of the Warriors.

What should that tell the club ?

Hardcore fans (I hate the catch phrase ' the faithful....prolly coz the cap fits).....but yeah....can things be any worse than your supporter base wishing for a reprieve till you play ?

Answering my own rhetorical question.....there is a worse state of play....no one watching.

Still....what started as a joke about when the Warriors play is now a reality.

Your post should be tagged on the Warrior Gym wall....over the top of the Mural that is there.

Reactions: 1 users
Think of the positives. Atleast their performance can't fuck up the entire weekends for us when they have played on Friday nights. I'm sure all our partners would be appreciating that we are playing on Sunday night rather than earlier on.
Agree 100%. Fridays suck for me, i get to watch about 25 minutes of the game in the morning and then need to go of to work. Depending on the result, determines if I'll watch the rest of the match.

And if we lose, I'll not watch any of the other games in a "silent protest"!

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Agree 100%. Fridays suck for me, i get to watch about 25 minutes of the game in the morning and then need to go of to work. Depending on the result, determines if I'll watch the rest of the match.

And if we lose, I'll not watch any of the other games in a "silent protest"!
Here in Brisbane we can watch live but it does stuff the weekend up a lot earlier. I know the feeling of not wanting to watch other games, but I somehow slowly get back into enjoying the comp! plus my son follows another team, so we watch together... it is The Greatest Game of Them All

Kerneys boring, high completion rate systems are going to defeat our no.1 bogey team.

And the winning is going to feel good.
Call some of us DELUSIONAL, but speaking to a Nephew yesterday, we were both very surprised to find that both of us predicted a Warriors WIN against the red V... Yes WIN! GOOD TIMES

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.