Post Match NRL 2017 - Round 4 - Dragons vs Warriors Post Match Discussion

Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

Rate the game. 1 Amazing - 10 Shit!

Results are only viewable after voting.
I'm a little over these piss taking commentators.

Our great young talent doesn't develop properly here at the Warrior Nation. We all know this. That's why they leave for Aussie and England.

Sheck will be fine if we can surround him with players who can play the game the way it's supposed to be played.
I hope you are right, only time will tell

Waiting for my flight out of Sydney, all the Warriors coming through in dribs and drabs.

First group through was the entire coaching staff and fuck me you might think we smashed the opposition. Very jovial.
You should of unloaded on them bruv.
Piece of mind could wake these mugs up.

• Haha
Reactions: Warrior482
I have a slightly different theory/perspective... I don't know so much about the rugby side.

But because Rugby Union is so dominate in NZ as apposed to Qld and NSW, and League is a very different beast to Union. In NZ you do not get most talent coming from grass roots League where you learn early about the finer aspects/intuition/skillsets/feel of our Great Game and have to dip into the Rugby Union pool of players.

Look at some players who were born in Aussie or went over as kids to learn their trade, and have played in the NRL like (born in Aus) the Cayless boys, Kalyn Ponga, Josh Hoffman, Jason Nightingale, Frank Pritchard, Gerard Beale, or went to Aussie as youngsters, Jason Taumalolo, Kieran Foran, Karmichael Hunt, Alex Glenn, Joe Ofahengau and probably a lot more to name...
It's an environmental thing IMO. Our Auckland players are products of their environment.

My thing is that we don't have to rely so heavily on the players who have spent their whole footy life in the dysfunctional Auckland environment. We can import players left, right and center to our club and have an oasis of quality footy.

At the moment we're allowing the graveyard effect to kill our imports. I want to flip it around so that our imports raise the level of the locals. But that can't happen until we get sufficient numbers of imports.

Reactions: Raw Power
Work rate aside, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was horrible last night three handling errors including one off our first set which gave them all the momentum and two missed tackles which were tries. There seems to be just a general lack of confidence in the backs which the coaching staff need to solve quickly as Foran apart our other options are inexperienced.

Our line speed is terrible and the dragons didn't have to break a sweat moving it up the field. The Tui kick going dead was a terrible option but teams shouldn't be getting tries against you off a 20 metre restart.

Credit to the dragons they looked at last season picked up Vaughan and have adjusted their game plan to be as simple as possible. Not particularly talented but might be able to scrape into the 8.

Where are our tactical adjustments? What the hell did we do in preseason? We look pretty similar to the end of last year.

Work rate aside, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was horrible last night three handling errors including one off our first set which gave them all the momentum and two missed tackles which were tries. There seems to be just a general lack of confidence in the backs which the coaching staff need to solve quickly as Foran apart our other options are inexperienced.

Our line speed is terrible and the dragons didn't have to break a sweat moving it up the field. The Tui kick going dead was a terrible option but teams shouldn't be getting tries against you off a 20 metre restart.

Credit to the dragons they looked at last season picked up Vaughan and have adjusted their game plan to be as simple as possible. Not particularly talented but might be able to scrape into the 8.

Where are our tactical adjustments? What the hell did we do in preseason? We look pretty similar to the end of last year.
Yup and another example of who our worst defender in the team really is - those answering Tui Lolohea are wrong.

Wasn't the plan for pre-season learn how to defend?

4 games in and it looks just as bad as last year

Understand Attack is shocking, because we have been working solely on defense

Plain and simple, have we seen an improvement on any aspect of the Warriors game from 2016
Defensive Tackling & Technique : No
Defensive Line Speed : No [If anything this is worse than 2016]
Defensive Reads : No

The two trial matches showed great promise, our defense across the board looked like it had majorly improved, how has it become so undone

From what i saw last night through my bourbon glazed eyes..... poor option taking on the last tackle, just after we levelled the game at 2 all Johnson had a chance to put a kick into the corner on the last but instead a forward pass was thrown. Drag Queens scored within five minutes. Isnt it sad that apart from gavet (and only last night mind) the only decent forward is our old winger!!!!

Ive already got my tickets to the Grand Final but thinking i will be watching to Aussie teams battle it out.

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Can someone tell me why our defensive line moves up 1 metre and then stops and waits for the attack to hit us at full speed? I just dont get it :nailbiting:

I saw that big time last night- honestly think it's because any time we have quick line speed we get called for inside the 10

Reactions: eudebrito
to many errors, pathetic really, and why did we go for the penalty kick? sick of that shit, this aint union, we should have tried to put them under the pump, so dissapointing. and Only for that period after the break did we actually look like a footy team. Sick of the same culprits making the same mistakes every week Lolo and Kata need to be dropped over there shit. followed by Gubb and the Hoff we have better replacements time to use them.

Last edited:
to many errors, pathetic really, and why did we go for the penalty kick? sick of that shit, this aint union, we should have tried to put them under the pump, so dissapointing. and Only for that period after the break did we actually look like a footy team. Sick of the same culprits making the same mistakes every week Lolo and Kata need to be dropped over there shit. followed by Gubb and the Hoff we have better replacements time to use them.

I was pissed we went to the 2 points. We actually hadn't spent any time in their half before that!

Did we think we could rely on our defence to get the job done?

One thing I found interesting was Hoffman being on the bench for the end of the game... im almost positive he was hooked for giving away those two stupid penalties at the worst possible time, which is a good sign. Accountability for all players.

Reactions: Leaguegod
One thing I found interesting was Hoffman being on the bench for the end of the game... im almost positive he was hooked for giving away those two stupid penalties at the worst possible time, which is a good sign. Accountability for all players.
Thinking the same with Manners, did he come off for looking at the ref instead of attempting to grab Dugan?