General NRL 2017 Round 3 - General Discussion

How many games a week do you watch?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nice to see the dragons leading the sharks, seeing as I've dropped all my bookie money on the sharkies...
I really must harness this power for good

Been a good weekend on the punt for me- had the raiders into the dragons today:)
Looks like another tough game next weekend- mind u there's no easy ones- it is what it is.

Taylor was great for the Raiders.
Welcome back.
Monsters in Boyd , Paulo , Papalii , Taylor , Priest `, Soliola.
Still have Tapine who is a unit to come back as well.
Then there is the size of there back line as well.
Jordan Rapana , carried on from his Kiwis form.
Havent had a classy wing man in the Hoppe mould for a while and he has a bit more than Hops to.

Reactions: frankspence

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
The first coach gone for the year.

Wests Tigers have today announced the termination of the contract of Head Coach Jason Taylor, effective immediately.

Wests Tigers Chair Marina Go said that this decision was not an easy one for the Club to make.

“On behalf of everyone at Wests Tigers I’d like to thank Jason for his commitment and contribution to the Club during his time as Head Coach,” said Go. “Jason has overseen significant change within the Club over the past two seasons and we thank him for his efforts.

“Our position has always been to make sure that the Head Coach’s contract is tied to performance and that hasn’t changed,” she said. “We are committed to building a side that will be in a position to win NRL Premierships and believe that this decision is the correct one for the future of the Club.

“This is a challenging time for the Club and Jason and we ask that we are given time to work through this process with Jason,” said Go.

Current Wests Tigers Assistant Coach Andrew Webster will take on the role of Interim Head Coach.

Webster returned to Wests Tigers this year after spending two seasons as an Assistant Coach at the New Zealand Warriors.

Webster previously worked for Wests Tigers as an assistant coach.

The first coach gone for the year.

Wests Tigers have today announced the termination of the contract of Head Coach Jason Taylor, effective immediately.

Wests Tigers Chair Marina Go said that this decision was not an easy one for the Club to make.

“On behalf of everyone at Wests Tigers I’d like to thank Jason for his commitment and contribution to the Club during his time as Head Coach,” said Go. “Jason has overseen significant change within the Club over the past two seasons and we thank him for his efforts.

“Our position has always been to make sure that the Head Coach’s contract is tied to performance and that hasn’t changed,” she said. “We are committed to building a side that will be in a position to win NRL Premierships and believe that this decision is the correct one for the future of the Club.

“This is a challenging time for the Club and Jason and we ask that we are given time to work through this process with Jason,” said Go.

Current Wests Tigers Assistant Coach Andrew Webster will take on the role of Interim Head Coach.

Webster returned to Wests Tigers this year after spending two seasons as an Assistant Coach at the New Zealand Warriors.

Webster previously worked for Wests Tigers as an assistant coach.
Mr Cleary must be fancying his chances? Taylor back to Marquee ??

WarriorBall

There has to be more to the Tigers sacking JT than just performance, they touched up the Panthers 36-2 in round one and were only 3 rounds into the season. Farah last year Tim Simona only a few weeks ago and now the coach gets sacked, they're such a dysfunctional club, they've certainly taken that mantle from Parramatta now.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Haha
Reactions: BiggerD
So Webster is the interim then - i wonder if Cappy is free to help him, he must get sick of running that water out in the games..............................:D:D:D:D

I'd say the off contract players (woods, mosses etc) must've said they wouldn't re-sign if he was staying on.
Funny stance for the club to take after backing Taylor over Farrah- it seemed a line had been drawn in the sand but player power wins out again.

Reactions: snake77
I'd say the off contract players (woods, mosses etc) must've said they wouldn't re-sign if he was staying on.
Funny stance for the club to take after backing Taylor over Farrah- it seemed a line had been drawn in the sand but player power wins out again.

Seems that way according to Daily Telegraph Sydney.

James Tedesco, skipper Aaron Woods, five-eighth Mitchell Moses and halfback Luke Brooks were not prepared to sign new contracts while Taylor was the NRL head coach.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/b2032d55bd7487bcb578ccf3f11100cd

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Wow, what?

That must be player driven, you don't sack a coach after 3 rounds on "perfomance"'alone.

Geez, how similar are we to Wests? A club with an ultra-talented squad, whos only notable achievement is the ruining of multiple coaching careers.

Sydney Warriors alright, if they let the players choose the coach, the next bloke won't last too long either.

A pretty telling comment during the game yesterday when asked if he would sign Taylor for another year. Blocker ..... the key players......nah I'd say he's had enough time to move on. A bit of inside knowledge.o_O

You start to wonder now if it was his idea to get rid of Farah and his big contract. Or was it the boards and Taylor was just the fall guy?

They haven't made the finals since 2011 and can't carry on like this. I know exactly how they feel.:(

• Haha
Reactions: Defence
NRL 360 last week can't remember which club they were talking about.

Phil Rothfield does the CEO running the club need football knowledge?
Rothfield: No Dave Smith ran the NRL and he had no league knowledge at all.

This week the Tigers sack their coach.

Rothfield: The Tigers have no football experience in the head office you can't run a club like that.:confused: