• A

• B

• C-

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
bruce

bruce

Contributor

Nothing against Roger Tuivasa-Sheck because I still believe he is world class, but a captain needs to have presence on the field. They need to be in the officials ear to keep them honest. They also have to know how to communicate with them in a firm, yet respectable manner.

There was an instance in last nights game where Roger Tuivasa-Sheck questioned a call. A Tigers player in the previous play offloaded the ball when it appeared he was tackled. The Warriors were penalised on the subsequent play for a high shot.

Full credit to Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to question the call because I thought for all money the tackle had been made. However, the part that really irked me was after the ref gave his explanation on why the tackle wasn't completed (because the ball playing hand had not touched the ground before the ball was offloaded), Roger Tuivasa-Sheck simply said "Wooowwww, woooooooowww really?" with this stupid sarcastic smirk on his face.

The refs explanation was a reasonable one and yes, according to the black letter of the rules "a player in possession is tackled when he is held by one or more opposing players and the ball or the hand or arm holding the ball comes into contact with the ground."

I know it's his first year as captain and it's all a bit of a learning experience but trying to be all witty and sarcastic with officials generally doesn't go down to well. If he wants to be taken seriously by the officials, he needs to show a little more maturity and respect.
Referees rate themselves highly. They have to be told clearly when they are in the wrong. They are Australians, being polite doesn't work.

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Lord Gnome of Howick MBE

Tigers are gonna murder us next year with all of our cast-offs having blinders (plus a coaching masterclass!)

Reactions: 2 users

Jordan G

Tui had a great game because Kata is atrocious, let's not pretend like Tui would have been doing that to a competent team and we're somehow missing out because he left.

Reactions: 9 users

Dunedin warrior

Tui had a great game because Kata is atrocious, let's not pretend like Tui would have been doing that to a competent team and we're somehow missing out because he left.

We are missing out because we are doing an atrocious job of developing our talent. Both Kata and Tui are examples of this. Hingano looks like he will be the next to follow this path.

Reactions: 1 user
Aman

Aman

Nothing against Roger Tuivasa-Sheck because I still believe he is world class, but a captain needs to have presence on the field. They need to be in the officials ear to keep them honest. They also have to know how to communicate with them in a firm, yet respectable manner.

There was an instance in last nights game where Roger Tuivasa-Sheck questioned a call. A Tigers player in the previous play offloaded the ball when it appeared he was tackled. The Warriors were penalised on the subsequent play for a high shot.

Full credit to Roger Tuivasa-Sheck to question the call because I thought for all money the tackle had been made. However, the part that really irked me was after the ref gave his explanation on why the tackle wasn't completed (because the ball playing hand had not touched the ground before the ball was offloaded), Roger Tuivasa-Sheck simply said "Wooowwww, woooooooowww really?" with this stupid sarcastic smirk on his face.

The refs explanation was a reasonable one and yes, according to the black letter of the rules "a player in possession is tackled when he is held by one or more opposing players and the ball or the hand or arm holding the ball comes into contact with the ground."

I know it's his first year as captain and it's all a bit of a learning experience but trying to be all witty and sarcastic with officials generally doesn't go down to well. If he wants to be taken seriously by the officials, he needs to show a little more maturity and respect.

He's not the most articulate or orally expressive guy is he. Cam smith does it so well, it's like a game within a game.

Reactions: 1 users
roadrunner

roadrunner

One of the worst endings to a season as a long time fan i have seen. It was a total disaster and now more than ever there has to be a massive shake out I can not handle another season like this my rugby league mates at work have taken the piss out of me as last one standing.

Jordan G

We are missing out because we are doing an atrocious job of developing our talent. Both Kata and Tui are examples of this. Hingano looks like he will be the next to follow this path.

Yes and no. We're certainly doing a poor job of development, but there is also a responsibility from the player to improve as well.

Kata is an example of poor recruitment as much as anything, grabbing a guy who hasn't played much league because he's fast and strong and then expecting him to learn the fundamentals of league while playing first grade.

Tui had very poor development, made a worse by how he responded to it.

leaguejunkie

leaguejunkie

He's not the most articulate or orally expressive guy is he. Cam smith does it so well, it's like a game within a game.
Cam Smith definitely knows how to play the captains game, without a doubt.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
So was it just me or did the 'process' get thrown out the window in the 2nd half? We seemed to come out of the sheds willing to throw the ball around a lot more. You could tell they hadn't practised it for a long time...

Pozza

Pozza

Had to laugh when Roger Tuivasa-Sheck desribed the season as an exciting journey. Fuck me just come out and say it's been a fucking train wreck of a season. All SK's spin has rubbed off on our leader.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
So was it just me or did the 'process' get thrown out the window in the 2nd half? We seemed to come out of the sheds willing to throw the ball around a lot more. You could tell they hadn't practised it for a long time...
I think even the commentators picked up on it. It didn't do much good. They seem on a different page except for the right hand edge, that is in everybody's game plan to attack now.

I wonder if any trainspotter can tally how many tries the right edge let through this season? My guess is it is that side which was the difference between the team performing more respectably. Maybe not top eight:rolleyes:, but somewhere better than 13th.

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

3 tigers over 200m and 2 others 170m +

IMG 1360

Pozza

Pozza

Sam Lisone needs to be able to play more minutes.
Why can't they play more minutes, isn't that what a professional is all about, more time to train, improve your
fitness and skill levels. Or is it about more time to get some ink and come up with some new bros handshakes

Reactions: 1 user