General NRL 2017 Round 26 - General Discussion

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
NRL 2017 Round 26 - General Discussion
R26.png

A thread for all 2017 Round 26 team lists, discussions, news and views. Serves as a team list thread and game day discussion for all games through the week (besides the Warriors one of course :) )...

WarriorBall

Any chance that Kodi Nikorima and TMM could be the starting halves for the World cup?

Nikorima already has 2 try assists in the Broncos/Cowboys games.

I'd be surprised, you'd assume if Foran and Shaun Johnson are both fit they'll there.

Both these young halves look good when going forward, particularly in broken field.

Plenty of question marks around the defensive side of their games, tell what is good though, seeing more Kiwi halves playing first grade, bodes well for the future.

Selector

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2015
I'd be surprised, you'd assume if Foran and Shaun Johnson are both fit they'll there.

Both these young halves look good when going forward, particularly in broken field.

Plenty of question marks around the defensive side of their games, tell what is good though, seeing more Kiwi halves playing first grade, bodes well for the future.

It will be Johnson and Foran. But Johnson's playing injured and Foran has been poor for most of the season. Based on form Nikorima would havd to be the best performing Kiwi half in the comp currently.

Last edited:

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Anyone but Foran, hasn't earned the privilege to play for his country. Based on this years forms offers nothing. It will be like playing with 12 men

Selector

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 2, 2015
Are you expecting us to perform any better in the WC now Kidwell has Brian Smith & Garth Brennan onboard?

Depends on how much 'power' Kidwell is willing to give up. Is he willing to delegate coaching responsibility and tactics to those two or will he insist on been the 'head coach.'

Look at the 2008 world cup. Kearney was head coach in name only. Bennett was the real head coach behind the Kiwis success in 2008.

Reactions: Dixpat

WarriorBall

Depends on how much 'power' Kidwell is willing to give up. Is he willing to delegate coaching responsibility and tactics to those two or will he insist on been the 'head coach.'

Look at the 2008 world cup. Kearney was head coach in name only. Bennett was the real head coach behind the Kiwis success in 2008.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Hopefully he's humble enough to collaborate with his new coaches.

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
What the fuck is going on with our coach selections, SK for the Warriors and Kidwell for the Kiwis.
Can someone remind me how Kidwell got the gig. Was it the old assistant coach thingy?
You would think these two must be on the payroll of the NZRFU

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Are you expecting us to perform any better in the WC now Kidwell has Brian Smith & Garth Brennan onboard?
Absolutely

I have posted before, Smith will be the boss, he doesn't do assistants work, Brennan will provide brainpower, Kidwell will put out the cones. Should be a good match for Bennett.

WarriorBall

Absolutely

I have posted before, Smith will be the boss, he doesn't do assistants work, Brennan will provide brainpower, Kidwell will put out the cones. Should be a good match for Bennett.

The NZRL should've just come straight out after Kearney and hired an experienced Aussie with a Kiwi assistant.

This is World Cup 2008 all over again, hopefully with the same result.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings