minute

Rate the game.

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F-

Results are only viewable after voting.
Last week on NRL360 they were talking about how dumb the Canberra players are. They put it down to the strict patterns they are being taught to play. Nobody is taught to THINK!!!

If there was ever a reason for me to give up on Kearney and his process it was the game tonight. What is the most important thing before you kick off with two minutes to go. DON'T KICK THE BALL TOO FAR. So what does Hingano do??? Heyzeuss spare me.

Golden point and you are following up on a brilliant break by Fusitua. Kata passes the ball to Maumolo on the touchline, when he didn't need to. WHAT WAS HE THINKING FFS???

The kid isn't dumb, neither is Hingano, but Kearney is teaching them not to think for themselves and this process is seriously affecting them.

Sorry Steve, you are a great forward skills coach, but not a head coach. Time for everybody to face the facts, because you are not going to change. This club is going nowhere with your PROCESS.

Kata watched the Eels do it.

I saw one kick, it was dangerously bad.

My argument is that SK's process is causing the players to do dumb things because they are not taught to think properly. Bennett focuses on each player and what he wants them to do. Kearney came from the Warren Ryan and Melbourne systems which were micromanaged. There is a fine line between structure and straight jackets.
you could be onto something here, others are calling out a lack of leadership but thats cant be right, we had two ex captains along with the current captain on the field, foran and johnson have played enough games to be leaders I get they might not be). We cant get much more leadership in terms of experience on the field.

Reactions: bruce

WarriorBall

https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/96217807/shaun-johnson-admits-warriors-blew-it-against-manly

This from Johnson explaining their implosion against Manly yesterday.

"It's no one in particular, it's a collective thing where we're just making wrong decisions at crucial times," he said.

I hope that statement is purely for the media, treating these players with kid gloves will only hinder their development, if your not singling out players how do they own their mistakes and improve on them.

Mature minded players can handle criticism without sulking or losing confidence.

Arrrgghhhhh so close !

Kick off doesn't go out on the full and i think we hold on to win.

Still some dead weight in that side. Why not play satae, sipley, ogden rather than smaller forwards, lisone, afoa and papallihi

Who selects Kata each week as if he is some protected specie? He cant pass, runs out on defence, and makes dumbass decisions. Thats on Kata. But if you keep selecting that person without any improvement, you become guilty of accepting and an advocate of what he will do.
Hurrell 2.0

What annoyed me the most about the kickoff out on the full was not that it happened, but more so that the result would have been the same even into a howling wind. Hingano absolutely boomed that ball.

With Luke off that ground that kick needed to be taken by Johnson, Foran or Roger Tuivasa-Sheck - The fact Johnson took the next one only adds to the question of why he didn't take it in the first place, particularly as he had just nailed one from the sideline.
Can you imagine if that was the Storm and they've said to Brodie Croft here mate you kick off. I don't think so

Can you imagine if that was the Storm and they've said to Brodie Croft here mate you kick off. I don't think so
And why the hell can't they kick like that from penalties. These regular 5-10m shots at the sideline are an absolute joke. By the time the first pass has gone through 2 sets of hands we're back to where the kick started on tackle 1. Duh!!?

Can anyone remember an attempted 40/20 from the Warriors this year? As the deadset easiest way to make ground and get possession, how the hell aren't we getting the ball to Shauny inside the 30-40m zone on tackle 3 or 4 when the defenders probably aren't looking to defend deep on the wings?

I remember when Foz put one out on the full...

Can anyone remember an attempted 40/20 from the Warriors this year? As the deadset easiest way to make ground and get possession, how the hell aren't we getting the ball to Shauny inside the 30-40m zone on tackle 3 or 4 when the defenders probably aren't looking to defend deep on the wings?

Yeah it makes no sence. All year we've been struggling for go-forward and getting out of our end. We have a solid dummy-half kicker in Luke and a solid long distance kicker in Johnson and yet we never do it.

Does Kearney need to actually tell them 'hey, maybe think about kicking early or going for a 40/20 when we're looking tired' ? Or does he specifically say not to? Who fekin knows tbh.

What annoyed me the most about the kickoff out on the full was not that it happened, but more so that the result would have been the same even into a howling wind. Hingano absolutely boomed that ball.

With Luke off that ground that kick needed to be taken by Johnson, Foran or Roger Tuivasa-Sheck - The fact Johnson took the next one only adds to the question of why he didn't take it in the first place, particularly as he had just nailed one from the sideline.
Or why didn't the other two stand up and take it, no accountability in this side from the players or Kearney

bruce

Contributor
I was very disappointed that Shaun Johnson didn't go for at least one 40/20 with that wind yesterday. Blake Green seemed to do it easily, one from behind the 30 metre line. I put it down to Shaun Johnson carrying an injury, but what about Foran? There is something seriously amiss with that side. Fusitua was brilliant yesterday and to have to have the muppets waste all the effort. Manly were useless, their management must think themselves so lucky to win against any team playing that badly.

Can you all stop calling it "the process", it's actually the "the brocess".

What a bunch of morons, when they were up 7 with 5min to go I just knew they would fuck it up, I had money on manly and was never really worried, they define dumb. Mooks is just a disaster as coach, the players are a disgrace but seriously SK record is just horrendous, maybe try Halligan as the coach lol

Hingano was following the process, only problem was he executed too well ;)

In the first half Dalys cheery oh kicked the 40/20s on the 3rd tackle twice. we just had no clue how to execute it in the second half. the difference between a thinking team and bumbling fumbling one