Rate the game.

• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

Billy Teets James

I disagree....most on here complain at a Lillyman who just runs it straight and hard without any variation...

Lisones ability to pass at the line has the chane to put outside players through gaps for extra meters...keeps the defence in 2 minds...unpredictability...

Has worked a few times this season. Hasn't worked a few times either.

Problem is he hasn't mastered the timing nor do players really run off his shoulder.

Lisone gets a lot of crap....fits the mould of a stereotypical "Bro"...took a week off for his sisters wedding...yadda yadda yadda...

But he plays hard every week...maybe too hard sometimes with unforced errors and over enthused penalties...but that's what we want right players who dig and play hard...effort...

Watch Lisones post match interview with chook. He legit looks heartbroken.

Watch his interviews during our finals run in the U20's when we went all the way in 2014. Dude was emotionally charging that team to the finals (was captain I believe)...

If he can buck it up off field...Lisones will become a very fine player.

Contrary to belief.
Sorry bro, Still disagree.

• Haha
Reactions: Afakasi247
No way did I ever rate Foran. You got that very wrong. I knew he wouldnt help us. Stats can be used to prove any point. The biggest and most telling stat is wins. No amount of stats beats that one. As far as top halves go, please. The top halves lead and direct their team, adapt their game, and compete for 80 minutes, not just inject themselves when they feel they can get some glory.

Lets hope he stays fit next year, cos clearly thats all we need. 24 games from Shaun Johnson will give us the minor premiership, and another few games before the big win.

Last edited by a moderator:
His stats were quite respectable last night.

He has, and so have Afoa, Lisone and Vete Kearney has to be given credit for that, and as crazy as buying Blair sounds it might just work if these guys continue to improve.m I am not holding my breath though.

Mate if he had taken the Storm offer he would have won a grand final, no doubt at all, would be one of the biggest stars in the game. We are just lucky we had plenty in the salary cap and he is a home boy with a girlfriend.
Almost any player could win a premiership if the joined the Storm. Its the team and their process that works. I couldnt see him being of great value to them. Not what they need.

Sorry mate that was more drunken tongue and cheek, I have absolutely no idea why he would have Jazz out there as a prop, when he has Satae/Gubb sitting on the bench. No disrespect on Jazz he had some solid D last night with 39 tackles none missed, but he is an out and out midget.

Gubb wont be hear next year, so only reason I can think of is that Kearney is toughening the likes of Jazz and Afoa up for next year since this one is over already

Reactions: bruce
It puzzled me to see Gubb named. Did SK only do it after Clunton Toopi's social media rant about them not re-signing Gubb?

I have no problem with him, Lillyman, or Hoffman staying. We have no signings to replace them, so we may as well keep our numbers up.

No way did I ever rate Foran. You got that very wrong. I knew he wouldnt help us. Stats can be used to prove any point. The biggest and most telling stat is wins. No amount of stats beats that one. As far as top halves go, please. The top halves lead and direct their team, adapt their game, and compete for 80 minutes, not just inject themselves when they feel they can get some glory.

Lets hope he stays fit next year, cos clearly thats all we need. 24 games from Shaun Johnson will give us the minor premiership, and another few games before the big win.
I was only using stats to back up what is basic common sense, however if it's win stats that you think are so important (which I agree with) - tell me how many wins we've had over the last few seasons without Shaun Johnson?

Almost any player could win a premiership if the joined the Storm. Its the team and their process that works. I couldnt see him being of great value to them. Not what they need.

Exactly. Jonno Wright would win a premiership at the Storm. The real question for me when getting a player isn't "was he part of a premiership winning team?" but "what influence did he have in that premiership winning team?", which could be number of effective tackles/tries/assists etc...

As this thread is about last night, gotta like Johnston...I'd sign him up.

Did anyone hear any of the Warriors senior players talking to the refs? I don't recall any Warriors player asking for clarification for any of the calls/penalties last night - some of which were clearly WTF decisions. Not a word.

Reactions: OMG

bruce

Contributor
Why did they approach him then?
Did anyone hear any of the Warriors senior players talking to the refs? I don't recall any Warriors player asking for clarification for any of the calls/penalties last night - some of which were clearly WTF decisions. Not a word.
I saw Sam Lisone and Mannering questioning I am sure. You are right though. Some of those calls were crap.
Exactly. Jonno Wright would win a premiership at the Storm.
No he wouldn't. They wouldn't sign him and they could if they wanted.
Gubb has publically come out and said that hed rather goto a club where he can get better. Sees where the club is heading and doesnt want to be here.

Speaks volumes.
That is Gubb's side of the story, same as Ryan Hoffman. Must be a pain having to play knowing you are not wanted for next year when half the team aren't as good as you anyway and don't do extras at training.

Come on, how many wins without Shaun Johnson?

Reactions: bruce
And wouldn't the rational reason for the lack of finals appearances be because his teammates aren't capable of winning a single game without him on the park? Anyway I'm trying to explain logic to the illogical.
He aint the saviour, and they arent the answer. We need a whole new dynamic. He isnt what you build a team around. They are just the dregs not required by any quality teams. We have no choice. But i do wonder how many good players we passed over to keep this linchpin player who has delivered nothing.