General NRL 2017 Round 24 - General Discussion

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
NRL 2017 Round 24 - General Discussion

R24.png

A thread for all 2017 Round 24 team lists, discussions, news and views. Serves as a team list thread and game day discussion for all games through the week (besides the Warriors one of course :) )...

tajhay

Bird Gang to Warrior
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Leivaha Pulu looked pretty good tonight. Better performance tonight than any of our second rowers all season.

Luke Patten needs to go see an optometrist. How could he not see the knock on in giving Radradra his first try!!

Reactions: Mr Frank White

Jordan G

Which knock on. Could have made an argument for 3 of them.

Patten is without doubt the worst referee in the comp. He's just so incompetent it defies belief.

Reactions: Mr Frank White

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012
Leivaha Pulu looked pretty good tonight. Better performance tonight than any of our second rowers all season.

Luke Patten needs to go see an optometrist. How could he not see the knock on in giving Radradra his first try!!
He is a project.
Puts in a lot of effort and is tireless when he gets on.
His best game in a month.
Seems to thrive off Paasi energy, looks flat with out him around.
Seems to have gotten past it at last.
He will be good for us.

WarriorBall

The Broncos ability to drift or blitz on defence is something to behold.

On attack they just play to their strengths, it's hard not to enjoy their game at the moment it's just good rugby league.

Reactions: mt.wellington

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015

WarriorBall

Ah, so that is the answer;)..I bet they all put in extras after training as well.
I'm sure you'll agree Bruce there's no single answer to the Warriors defensive issues.

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
I'm sure you'll agree Bruce there's no single answer to the Warriors defensive issues.
Absolutely not, otherwise somebody would have sorted it by now. Cappy wasn't an idiot and neither is Kearney. It is a combination of recruiting and development, because as Confucious says if a dog doesn't bite when it is a puppy it will never bite. For the life of me I cannot see Solomone Kata ever being a first grade defender and he affects the confidence of everybody around him.

Sledge

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 10, 2016
Absolutely not, otherwise somebody would have sorted it by now. Cappy wasn't an idiot and neither is Kearney. It is a combination of recruiting and development, because as Confucious says if a dog doesn't bite when it is a puppy it will never bite. For the life of me I cannot see Solomone Kata ever being a first grade defender and he affects the confidence of everybody around him.
So if us forum members can all see this why can't dum dum Kearney, um err the process see it also THE FUCKING PRICK

• Haha
Reactions: francis faafua

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
May 19, 2012
Brisbane Queensland Australia
So if us forum members can all see this why can't dum dum Kearney, um err the process see it also THE FUCKING PRICK
Kearney knows that players aren't doing there jobs and shouldn't be there.
But as he has said we dont have the guys to fill in the spots.
So what can you do.
Like making a rum and coke but your rum has run out you can't put water in it and expect it to be good......lol

Reactions: bruce

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Fair point, I don't understand it either, but Kearney will have his reasons, he doesn't do random.

Sorry to cross threads but Tahjay described Kearney as a moron on the SK thread. That is out of line. The guy is not a moron and given the treatment he has taken from this club in the past needs more consideration than that.

Reactions: Navigator

WarriorBall

Yep no matter the coach they'd have to start with recruitment and development, though more on the side of recruitment if you ask me, tbh a lot of these Warrior greenhorns are not worth putting the time into.

You could argue Sol made the Kiwis on the back of his defence last season, not that it was that impressive, in the Four Nations he still managed more than a few mis-reads but he often got his man one on one from memory.

It's fair to say he's been woeful this year both sides of the ball and shouldn't make the Kiwis squad for the World Cup, in all honesty I think he needs to take the off-season to decide if he want's to be a professional NRL player because to me it doesn't look like it.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Yep no matter the coach they'd have to start with recruitment and development, though more on the side of recruitment if you ask me, tbh a lot of these Warrior greenhorns are not worth putting the time into.

You could argue Sol made the Kiwis on the back of his defence last season, not that it was that impressive, in the Four Nations he still managed more than a few mis-reads but he often got his man one on one from memory.

It's fair to say he's been woeful this year both sides of the ball and shouldn't make the Kiwis squad for the World Cup, in all honesty I think he needs to take the off-season to decide if he want's to be a professional NRL player because to me it doesn't look like it.
I like the kid. He has guts and tries his best. However his attributes have been well and truly worked out by the opposition and he has no other dimensions to his game. He is committed to his contract to feed the family back in Tonga so he must be taking his form very hard. I really feel sorry for him.

Reactions: WarriorBall

tajhay

Bird Gang to Warrior
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Kearney knows that players aren't doing there jobs and shouldn't be there.
But as he has said we dont have the guys to fill in the spots.
So what can you do.
Like making a rum and coke but your rum has run out you can't put water in it and expect it to be good......lol
The thing is that Kearney doesnt have the ability to attract players to this club either. So either we keep getting into a bigger hole...or....

WarriorBall

I like the kid. He has guts and tries his best. However his attributes have been well and truly worked out by the opposition and he has no other dimensions to his game. He is committed to his contract to feed the family back in Tonga so he must be taking his form very hard. I really feel sorry for him.
It's one thing to have your game worked out by the opposition that's par for the course in the NRL, I question his ability and desire to develop his game, if there's a hint he's merely sticking around to pick up a pay check then he's one SK needs to walk to the gate.

With willing players in Fusitua and CNK Center's not a position the Warriors are skinny in like they are in others.

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium Rate Match

Last Game

27 Sep

40 - 28
6.5 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 19 ratings