• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F

• Z-

Results are only viewable after voting.

Crusader26

It actually looked like the boys took that loss really hard which was good to see.
Gotta wonder where that passions been all year tho- too late now.
Yeah, they actually looked upset about a loss for a change

Reactions: 1 user

Crusader26

When players like Gavet, Satae, CNK and Lino were finally given a chance, they've impressed yet it took way too long to give these guys a proper go due to Kearneys copy and paste team selection attitude.

Reactions: 1 users

Jordan G

He's only shifting between wing and centre. Not ideal but anyone who is capable of playing centre at NRL level should be able to handle the wing

You'd think so but players tend to not learn to play both sides or transfer skills in the robotic way league is taught these days.

We struggle to create space on the edges which limits his opportunity. I think he's doing fine in general play on both sides of the ball, just not getting the opportunity to excel.

Lets Gone

Missed most of the game, due to writing off the team for the year. Couldn't resist and watched the last 20min though.

Didnt get to see Satae, anyone know how he went?

jonno

jonno

Missed most of the game, due to writing off the team for the year. Couldn't resist and watched the last 20min though.

Didnt get to see Satae, anyone know how he went?
10 mins, 4 runs for 50 meters, 8 tackles, 0 missed, 0 errors.

Didn't see him do anything unusually bad. He just carted the ball up and knocked guys over. Put a good shot on Taumalolo..

If he could keep that up for 40 mins...:rolleyes:

wallacenz

wallacenz

10 mins, 4 runs for 50 meters, 8 tackles, 0 missed, 0 errors.

Didn't see him do anything unusually bad. He just carted the ball up and knocked guys over. Put a good shot on Taumalolo..

If he could keep that up for 40 mins...:rolleyes:
Those stats seem a bit inflated. What I saw was he came on the field, had 2 hitups immediately in one set while the Warriors attacked the line, ran 2 block plays/dummy runs in between, then disappeared. It looked like he only played 2 minutes.

What the hell is wrong with the Warriors, why only play a guy for 10minutes, its insane. Its not even long enough to warm up and get the rhythm of the game

Reactions: 2 users
eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Late to the party, team tried hard, not a lot of luck, cows grubber skims past the hand for a try, warriors grubber is knocked out of Foreigns hand, no try.

But even had the scores been tied, it would have been hard to see us finding a way to win, seeing as our late game tactics are “shaun, run!”

Lino is enthusiastic, which stands out, and he does have the very useful skill of short kicking, is that enough for a starting half? Probably not, but would like to see him tried with Johnson, could probably do what Townsend did for us. Not that that was any great success.

Was a pretty professionally played and bloodless sort of game. Kind of unusual for the warriors, can’t bag them for not turning up or falling apart, but still didn’t win.

Roger Tuivasa-Sheck errors bugged me, the last one after the Fusitua bomb he’s looking in field, it’s the last play, where do you think the ball is going?

If Mannering suddenly retires or something we are wooden spooners. Almost serious. He does so much and team still isn’t very good!

Reactions: 7 users

MXRecord

I watched the first 50-60 minutes. We seemed to play better but the result was never really in doubt. I'm surprised it was as close as it was though.

Makasene

Makasene

Can't say I was as impressed by Lino as the rest of u. I'll be kind and say he was hot and cold.
At least he put his hand up and had a crack- I'll give him that.

I don't disagree but with only 5 games under the belt there is a lot to like.

Makasene

Makasene

I don't know that Kata's last play was selfish. I just suspect he had a plan, and facing that many defenders he just didn't know how to change the plan.

If he scores we are praising him, if he doesn't he's greedy, he just didn't play the situation in front of him.

NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Even if he scores it was still the wrong option.

They had the whole backline to work with to exploit a whole through some good lines or to dribble it in the in goal for a repeat and one final crack.

What's worse is the defence knew what he was going to do before he did.

Reactions: 3 users
WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

Those stats seem a bit inflated. What I saw was he came on the field, had 2 hitups immediately in one set while the Warriors attacked the line, ran 2 block plays/dummy runs in between, then disappeared. It looked like he only played 2 minutes.

What the hell is wrong with the Warriors, why only play a guy for 10minutes, its insane. Its not even long enough to warm up and get the rhythm of the game

That was certainly an odd call - hopefully he ramps up his game time next week now he's had a taste.

Only having 8 interchanges has shook things up a little across the comp - the Warriors seem unusual in having 3 80min backrowers though, the only other team that did that this week was the Raiders, and they even did the Cappy special of having a bench player play 0 minutes. Most teams sub their lock for around 20 minutes a game, though we have the luxury of Mannering I reckon Kearney would do well to let Afoa have the last 20 minutes off.

Having a bench hooker that plays in the middle of the game then lets the first choice hooker come back at the end seems to be a rarity now, since you can't really afford to waste 2 interchanges there, a lot of teams seem to follow the same pattern than Kearney has with Hingano, just sub them on with 15-20 to go and leave them on. I reckon there could be value in having a player that can play hooker and lock, Tevaga could fit that mould if he's worked on his dummy half plays. Kind of like how Leuluai or Hoahaia would sometimes go.

WellingtonOrca

WellingtonOrca

NOPE NOPE NOPE.

Even if he scores it was still the wrong option.

They had the whole backline to work with to exploit a whole through some good lines or to dribble it in the in goal for a repeat and one final crack.

What's worse is the defence knew what he was going to do before he did.

Yeah I think the commentators had the right of that, Kata must have thought it was still the 4th tackle.

JBmurc

JBmurc

Yeah I think the commentators had the right of that, Kata must have thought it was still the 4th tackle.

You would really hope so(for his sake) ..but if that's the case ...why didn't he know ..where the fuck is the communication on the field !!

you know pretty much everyone watching/playing the game knew that as soon as Old greedy guts gets his hands on the ball he doesn't like to give it up >>so the COWs coach would have labeled Kata to his players as a guy that 90% of the time will Not pass ...so easy to defend ....IMHO if Kata was become a high passing player we would score many more tries as Defending players would then be put in two minds >>

I agree that last tackle play had Kata passed I think we would have very likely had scored as I'm sure the COWs had like 4 players on kata>>> the DUMB fuck

jonno

jonno

You would really hope so(for his sake) ..but if that's the case ...why didn't he know ..where the fuck is the communication on the field !!

you know pretty much everyone watching/playing the game knew that as soon as Old greedy guts gets his hands on the ball he doesn't like to give it up >>so the COWs coach would have labeled Kata to his players as a guy that 90% of the time will Not pass ...so easy to defend ....IMHO if Kata was become a high passing player we would score many more tries as Defending players would then be put in two minds >>

I agree that last tackle play had Kata passed I think we would have very likely had scored as I'm sure the COWs had like 4 players on kata>>> the DUMB fuck
The cows were definitely primed and reacted as soon as he jumped into dummy half.

A pass one out from the ruck to Afoa to barge over would have worked.

Too dumb? Yep. Way too dumb..

jonno

jonno

Satae's last hitup.

12 meters with 7 post contact.

His total post contact meters was 15 from 4 runs, and he half tripped at the line on one of them. He's a hit up machine...

Where's Hitman. Here's the mega prop you've been asking for all these years...

Defence

Defence

I don't disagree but with only 5 games under the belt there is a lot to like.

There is.
He just struggled a bit with the speed of the defense. He would be used to having more time with ball in hand.
He should be better for it tho- I'd say he will take a lot away from watching the video.
I don't think he's won a game in first grade yet?
Hopefully he can get on the board next week.

bruce

bruce

Contributor
If Mannering suddenly retires or something we are wooden spooners.
Mate that guy is priceless. If you watched Taumalolos early runs, which were brutal, Mannering was the one going low and taking him out. Taumalolo would not have been aiming for Mannering, but Mannering was there. He really blunted him.That guy deserves a lot more than he is getting from this club. He deserves another grand final at least.

Reactions: 3 users
jonno

jonno

Mate that guy is priceless. If you watched Taumalolos early runs, which were brutal, Mannering was the one going low and taking him out. Taumalolo would not have been aiming for Mannering, but Mannering was there. He really blunted him.That guy deserves a lot more than he is getting from this club. He deserves another grand final at least.
He deserves a few more guys who put their hands up every week along side him. When he's not having to do so much defense his attack comes alive. The sacrifice he makes every weekend is amazing.

True Warriors legend.. I can't wait till he gets his 300 games as a Warrior... One more season of awesomeness will get him there..

mtsmart

mtsmart

Yeah, they actually looked upset about a loss for a change

Anyone else notice just after the final conversion and the boys were huddled under the posts, Mannering was so angry he gave his team-mates a good bollocking. Never seen him so angry, not even when he was captain. The camera was on them for a good while and the whole time he was just ripping into them. Look, they did try hard but that was a game they could have and should have won.

Reactions: 7 users