Gameday NRL 2017 Round 2 - General Discussion

Dec 19, 2012
NRL 2017 Round 2 - General Discussion

R2 Fixtures.png
A thread for all 2017 Round 2 team lists, discussions, news and views. Serves as a team list thread and game day discussion for all games through the week (besides the Warriors one of course :) ). A new thread like this will open every Tuesday for team list Tuesday.

Feel free to add team lists as they become available people. Thank you...

matiunz

All Out!
Contributor
Jul 15, 2013
Sydney
Bulldogs looking pretty poor this year, Roosters have certainly started the season strong

t-wade23

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 7, 2012
The roosters surely have the best progression program in the nrl and what I mean by that is whoever they bring up via u20s or NSW cup they look like they are first grade players it's amazing job by Trent Robinson and his staff.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
The roosters surely have the best progression program in the nrl and what I mean by that is whoever they bring up via u20s or NSW cup they look like they are first grade players it's amazing job by Trent Robinson and his staff.
They always have but that more the way their recruitment machine signs a shitload of players and just spits them out if they dont look the goods...

t-wade23

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 7, 2012
They always have but that more the way their recruitment machine signs a shitload of players and just spits them out if they dont look the goods...
That's true I've just noticed the last few years around when Robinson got there espically forwards they churn out are all really good and play well didn't realise it was due to there recruitment team either way there an great job esp with there young guys

Reactions: mt.wellington

Diesel

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 7, 2014
Brisbane
During the game, Gus starts making excuses for the Roosters for having to travel back from the GC last week via Brisbane due to some plane delay but when the Warriors travel they are supposed to be used to it

Reactions: bruce

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Jun 21, 2012
Mt. Wellington, Auckland
That's true I've just noticed the last few years around when Robinson got there espically forwards they churn out are all really good and play well didn't realise it was due to there recruitment team either way there an great job esp with there young guys
They also had Peter O'Sullivan scouting for them and he was the best in the biz. He had been chasing Sio Siua Taukeiaho since he was playing U20s. He saw then what the Warriors hadnt even years later...

Reactions: bruce

Johnnyray

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2014
Crap !!! And I was so certain that Bulldogs was going to win that I even took them in my picks. Sucks to be me ... :(

tajhay

Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
So nice to see a halves pairing who play both sides rather than be restricted primarily on each side. The Pearce/Keary combination is just awesome and have started on fire this season.

shuffle

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
I see Joseph Manu didn't play is he injured? He'll be good here give him Loloheas and Vatuveis money. Or at least half of it lol

tajhay

Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Bring back the shoulder charge. Monster one by Taumalolo against Broncos lol

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Sure it's a bit crap that the Broncos get Friday night games most weeks with a 7 day turn around but you have to admit with the large crowd creating an atmosphere when the opposition is one of the top sides it makes a fantastic occasion.

These Queensland derbies have been fantastic the last few years.

Mind you with the earlier Friday night games from now on we will be getting a lot of them as it suits the time zone. So it's all good Broncos and here to Warriors/Broncos double headers.:)

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
So nice to see a halves pairing who play both sides rather than be restricted primarily on each side. The Pearce/Keary combination is just awesome and have started on fire this season.
Some of their players have been nice to watch and the style of play has been refreshing. A few teams last year talked up playing on both sides of the field and didn't do it and some did a little but it didn't seem to catch on.

This competition is big on copying what works. Roosters win the comp with line speed so aggressive defence becomes the rage, last 10 years had been wrestling and block plays. The game is begging for a team to do something different and make the other sides rethink what they are doing.

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 3, 2016
These Broncs-Cowboys games are frikkin epic, year after year. That's what top notch rugby league is supposed to look like!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Last Game

13 Sep

5.7 Total Avg Rating
5.1 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings