• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Raw Power

Raw Power

Disappointing as you can get! except for Man Mountain Mannering again.

Gee's my trip to Townsville next weekend is looking quite pleasant. Damn... forgot to pack my Warriors support gear!

Cowboy Carnage

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jaka

Jordan G

It's not even an inability to follow the plan, these guys have zero independent thought. When you're under the pump in defense, somebody needs to step up and try to put on a hit or dislodge the ball, something, anything.

When we;re struggling to get out of our end, somebody has to do something, even if it's just running support so defenders attention gets taken away from the ball carrier.

There really is just no thought as to how they can help the team other than doing the bare minimum of what their job describes.

It just brings me back to the question I asked awhile ago - Outside of mandatory video sessions, how many of these guys actually study the game? How many could genuinely be considered students of the game? I would bet that the number would be extremely low.

Kalcod

Dump Foran and play Hingano and Lino now to get them ready for next year. Shaun Johnson out with ACL from what I just heard, so blood the new guys now, this season is toast already and count the rehabilitation team we seem to be with Foran a bad mistake and waste of time.

Reactions: Woofa and Diesel

The Truth

With the issue of line speed. I believe it's a fitness issue/ tactic coached by Kearney.
When the bros are tired we go into a holding pattern. The plan is then to lift our intensity for certain periods of the game. Problem is. It doesn't save shit.

wallacenz

wallacenz

The Warriors just arent good enough, they get in the arm wrestle and last night both teams were pretty even to start but then, like always, the Warriors finished weak.

The Warriors got screwed by the 2 knock-ons denying tries, I thought the first was a knock on the 2nd wasn't
But then the Panthers got screwed by having a player sent off for knocking over Luke just by looking at him, that led to 2 tries to the Warriors
Once the Panthers were full strength the Warriors didnt look like they could score

Mannering gets big raps, justifiably, but last night it seemed to me he has some flaws in his defence. The Warriors arent moving forward and despite Mannering making a lot of tackles the opposition was making a tonne of metres just getting one out and running at our forwards. They get big metres when the Warriors markers dont mark up and chase out and when the other players around them don't move off the line.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick O'Shay and OMG
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Nothing much to add. Not even surprised by the result. Was at work and completely forgot the game was even on. Got home at 1am and looked online, saw result, didn't even bother watching a replay. Season was over long ago, probably before it even began.

Reactions: mt.wellington
jonno

jonno

Our Warriors forwards aren't even big anymore, but they still get tired.:rage:

The club is in a death spiral ATM... That's Manu with the Golden Parachute.
crashing%20jet.jpg

Beastmode

Beastmode

Just another day in paradise
Contributor
As long as they're performing a mean haka for one of the boys (Manu this year, Luke at the 'naki last year) is more important and means more to them.

Sack the cu**s

Looked fresh for the haka. Too fresh.

• Haha
Reactions: Tragic
WarriorFaither

WarriorFaither

Dump Foran and play Hingano and Lino now to get them ready for next year. Shaun Johnson out with ACL from what I just heard, so blood the new guys now, this season is toast already and count the rehabilitation team we seem to be with Foran a bad mistake and waste of time.
Where did you hear that it was his ACL? If I was a betting man I would have thrown the house in it being his Patella (however you spell it)

Johnnyray

Johnnyray

Awesome. Because of way I feel about this club lately I've been avoiding this forum for long time now but after last night performance against Panthers I just had to sign back in and say something. That game last night was not only one of worse games I've seen NZ Warriors play, it was also was one of worse rugby league games I have ever watch, period. This team had everything to play for last night, not just for a place in the top eight but also to farewell one of the longest serving club legends and last night they should of done it. Playing at home, the opposition team having both their captain and one of their star players out, they should of done it. They should of beaten Panthers like betting odds said, thirteen plus, a try at the end of game with Manu coming in off the bench to covert the field goal, the boys then carrying him on their shoulders around the field to applause of their fans at ground and then out through entrance tunnel back into changing sheds. That's what should of happened last night. Instead what did we get ? We got a game like every other game I've seen this season, where no one really played or put in any sort of effort, where every player did enough standing at their marker but not enough to have any impact or put any impetus on match. Manu should gone out like a champion last night but instead of playing like champions, what they did they do ? They played like Warriors. Says it all really ... :(

Last edited:
jsmooove

jsmooove

anyone see the press conference. nothing much into it except the last bit where kearny was asked about the kata try. think he says hes "pissed off" right at the end. kinda glad hes opening up in the presser rather than the usual crap thats dished up

Tedster

Tedster

anyone see the press conference. nothing much into it except the last bit where kearny was asked about the kata try. think he says hes "pissed off" right at the end. kinda glad hes opening up in the presser rather than the usual crap thats dished up
In between every "you knows" i heard him say something about certain individuals not turning up or something to that effect.... Hopefully then those certain individuals can think about their performance whilst out of first grade - but saying that, like a lot of people now on here i've come to the point of not caring anymore.