• A+

• A

• B

• C

• F

• Z---

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jordan G

Haven't watched the game, but what was up with Kata?

For all his faults, you can usually rely on him for a few carries. 4 runs for 35m? What happened?

Reactions: frankspence

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Haven't watched the game, but what was up with Kata?

For all his faults, you can usually rely on him for a few carries. 4 runs for 35m? What happened?

There seemed to be a lot of cut out balls to Maumalo, there were a couple of those plays on tackles 3-4 where he'd make a few meters, then Maumalo scored from a Foran long pass and had another disallowed try from a Hingano pass that was deemed to travel forward. I thought Kata made more runs than 4 though...seems a tad low.

There seemed to be a lot of cut out balls to Maumalo, there were a couple of those plays on tackles 3-4 where he'd make a few meters, then Maumalo scored from a Foran long pass and had another disallowed try from a Hingano pass that was deemed to travel forward. I thought Kata made more runs than 4 though...seems a tad low.

Have not watched the replay, but was the Hingano pass forward? From watching it at the ground it seemed okay. We let the touchie know regardless!

Kata sadly seems out of touch with 1st grade expectations, lack of intent/urgency like a few others in the team have shown not too long ago.

Gotta be happy with Maumalo's emergence and improvement though.

Being at the game I made a point of watching Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and man the amount of ground he covered and the amount of work he got through was unbelievable.
His much maligned defense was excellent too- always in position and more vocal than I expected. Easily best on field.
Luke was excellent as he always is when our forwards hold their own. I still think we might struggle against the bigger sides tho- the dogs will put that to the test.
I predicted big games from vete and Lisone off the bench and they delivered. One set in particular lisone took it from the kick off and got absolutely smashed, got straight back up and got involved in a the third and forth tackle creating a break. He does my head in sometimes but I love the way he rips in and doesn't back down.
As mentioned, the crowd seemed a bit smaller than previous years but still a hearty turn out from our fans.
All in all another great day at cbus.
Onwards and upwards.

Andy Raymond was quite good tonight on the side line with details like how the Titans had the big edge back rower moved out to mark Hoffman and the Warriors instructions to work him over. Also a comment later about both teams working over the halves and the defensive structure out wide with what numbers the players line up in. I'd rather have move details like that in the commentary than some of the jokes etc we usually get.

Well, anyone other than Blocker Roach is likely to sound more informed...

Have not watched the replay, but was the Hingano pass forward? From watching it at the ground it seemed okay. We let the touchie know regardless!

Kata sadly seems out of touch with 1st grade expectations, lack of intent/urgency like a few others in the team have shown not too long ago.

Gotta be happy with Maumalo's emergence and improvement though.

Pass was fine. It was some numpty Neville touchie who wanted three seconds of fame. They let way worse go every game.

It was good to read in the game day thread a number of our regular posters were there.

Happy for them. Must have been a buz.

The second phase game looked well organised with recipient of the ball being ready for the ball ( notable exception Hoff looks for Kata).

Good to win two halves of football, even if the Tits were out of sorts.

Last edited:
I'm liking how Maumalo (and Fusitua) when bringing the ball out of the 20 were looking a good chance of exploiting space and making a break rather than just a battering ram approach. Looks like Maumalo's developing his own style rather than just trying to be Beast 2.0
You can see he's been practicing his step. It's actually paying off. Players expect Ken to go all battering ram, but then this huge guys also go a cheeky step. Go Ken.

Are we all just gonna act like Bodene didn't step up his game last night?

We were all calling for him to get dropped but you've gotta give credit where credit is due... the guy was massive for us. Had 2 offloads which lead directly to tries, made 46 tackles for one miss and made a lot of tough carries off of Johnson's hip. Was the kind of performance we've all come to expect from the guy. Hopefully he can keep this up for the remainder of the season. If he can get back to his best I'd have no problem re-signing him for another year or two.

Last edited:

Stalefish540

Contributor
Main point of concern - Right edge defence

Titans trys all right edge defence
1. Bodene parked 4th man in, rushes out of the line leaving Bull outside him at 3rd man ripe for the picking, where bodene should have been positioned. Bull chases hard and Bodene jogs in chase.
2.Hayne walks through, Johnson pushes out and Bodene is lumbering on the inside not plugging his hole. Both at fault on this one.
3.Bodene not pushing up allowed the Titans to play flat at the line and make the break. Sheck in good positioning, but put in poor tackle being flattened when had a good line up on Copley.

3 trys that seemingly came far too easy, with not alot of ground work put in by the Titans. I feel like Ash/Fusitua communicate well together, but Bodene/Shaun Johnson really need to work on their defensive combo. I understand Bodene makes alot of tackles, but it's the important ones hes missing week after week that really need to stop. As they are consistently leading to easy trys.

It was good to read in the game day thread a number of our regular posters were there.

Happy for them. Must have been a buz.

The second phase game looked well organised with recipient of the ball being ready for the ball ( notable exception Hoff looks for Kata).

Good to win two halves of football, even if the Tits were out of sorts.
The Warriors chant was more vocal then anything I've heard at Mt Smart this year

Mr Frank White

Contributor
Main point of concern - Right edge defence

Titans trys all right edge defence
1. Bodene parked 4th man in, rushes out of the line leaving Bull outside him at 3rd man ripe for the picking, where bodene should have been positioned. Bull chases hard and Bodene jogs in chase.
2.Hayne walks through, Johnson pushes out and Bodene is lumbering on the inside not plugging his hole. Both at fault on this one.
3.Bodene not pushing up allowed the Titans to play flat at the line and make the break. Sheck in good positioning, but put in poor tackle being flattened when had a good line up on Copley.

3 trys that seemingly came far too easy, with not alot of ground work put in by the Titans. I feel like Ash/Fusitua communicate well together, but Bodene/Shaun Johnson really need to work on their defensive combo. I understand Bodene makes alot of tackles, but it's the important ones hes missing week after week that really need to stop. As they are consistently leading to easy trys.
Actually it's wasn't SJs fault at all, he was sliding and actually pointing out Brodenes man to him, Brodene literally held off and didn't even attempt the tackle.
Shaun Johnson made some great one on one stops, but it breaks down in the line as Brodene refuses to commit to a tackle.

Reactions: tajhay
Yeah sounds like there were a lot of us- always a happy hunting ground- maybe we should start taking a couple of home games there...:D
To Lousi-InBed Lousi-InBed i was looking for u bro- asked the question a couple of times. Turns out you're not one of the titans cheerleaders...:blackeye:
No Joke perhaps the Warriors should take home games to grounds in front of crowds where they thrive instead of the games they take to nz stadiums which have piss poor record.
That would put the GC top of list.

There are three grounds in Aus that see staunch support.

Tits
Broncs
Storm

That is pretty much our bogey upset list.

An argument could be made for Perf....but the Rabbits have a staunch ex pat base there.

Plus we never win there.

Manly have run us down there to be fair....but at least in all the games we play offshore.....where there is parochial away fan support.....we have a history of showing passion.

Mt Smart has become the definition of familiarity breeds contempt.

Reactions: Xfactor and Defence