General NRL 2017 Round 14 - General Discussion

bruce

Contributor
Tue seems to be first grade standard. It shows the Warriors have a lot of depth that we can let such players go.

Break made down his side, chip back on the inside, Tui had absolutely nothing left in the tank. Probably wouldn't have got there but he wasn't desperate. He was also caught coming in to create the overlap there.

Stalefish540

Contributor
It's strange they said today tigers chasing mick gordon. Reynolds, brooks, lolohea, gordon. Hard fitting 4 into 3, unless for some strange reason they see Reynolds playing hooker??

Mr Bob

Contributor
Tue seems to be first grade standard. It shows the Warriors have a lot of depth that we can let such players go.

Why? whats he's done?

He looked pretty rusty last week when I watched him. 5th tackle option I noticed he was never near the ball.... hiding somewhere on the right side. Has that changed this week?

WarriorBall

Apart from the opening exchanges he's been a placeholder in the 6 jersey, floating in an out of the game it's been left up to the rest of the spine to control the game.

It will be interesting to see how the commentators speak about him over the course of the season. He had a lot of hype behind him coming over and a lot of clubs after him. The commentators I wouldn't be surprised if it is a case of out of sight out of mind playing at the Warriors and they remember his Under 20s games and a few highlights.

Watching him in the halves, sure he isn't used to their structures but he doesn't seem to be organising his outsides where he wants them. Today there was a little bit of talk to the player directly outside him. Some of that would be not natural to him, coaching here and during his age group years etc. It will be interesting to see if Cleary perseveres with him in the halves for the rest of 2017 or if he gets moved around.

Also on todays game Mitchell Pearce is in some pretty good form this year he looks to be maturing. Mind you even around the age of 26 isn't he close to 300 games or something crazy.