• A

• B

• C

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

Weno

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 3, 2012
Maybe the club could try something crazy like i dont know, hireing a good coach?....maybe one that has won the competition before, who consistently coaches teams into the top four rather than the endless stream of nothing coaches, who funnily enough bring exactly that to the club...nothing.

Cant believe they turned Toovey away.

Maraea

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2013
Melbourne
I straight up didnt watch this game and when I realised I missed it I didnt even care after the jogging and lack of anything from last weeks win I knew they were gonna suck. Well done Parra. I wouldnt play CNK till next year or till SK can replace half the team at least. They got nothing. Want them to play ad lib they drop the ball - play whats in front of them most dont havr footy smarts, or even the GUTS to try - so scratch that. SK has alot of patience, too much. If he can take the hit and these blokes pull their heads out of their ass they might start getting some traction this season. Some people are just competitve regardless, like Foran. This team is full of other guys without confidence no competitiveness and the parra game is the result. No one in the current roster will turn it around. They have to listen to what someones bothering to try to teach these overpaid numbnuts to be successful. This year Theyll get a win here and there for the rest of the year but no finals not a hope without effort. Get rid of these players.

Last edited:

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
I straight up didnt watch this game and when I realised I missed it I didnt even care after the jogging and lack of anything from last weeks win I knew they were gonna suck. Well done Parra. I wouldnt play CNK till next year or till SK can replace half the team at least. They got nothing. Want them to play ad lib they drop the ball - play whats in front of them most dont havr footy smarts, or even the GUTS to try - so scratch that. SK has alot of patience, too much. If he can take the hit and these blokes pull their heads out of their ass they might start getting some traction this season. Some people are just competitve regardless, like Foran. This team is full of other guys without confidence no competitiveness and the parra game is the result. No one in the current roster will turn it around. Theyll get a win here and there for the rest of the year but no finals not a hope. Get rid of them.
I don't think the problem is that they arent trying, they just arent very good.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is a bad defender
2. Maumalo isnt a wing, hes a battering ram.
3. Ayshford is a journeyman, he doesnt have any decernable traits anymore, hes not fast and hes not skillfull
4. Kata makes poor decisions, he overplays his hand all the time
7. Shaun Johnson is not a leader, hes not a guy who can organise a team.. he has been paid to do a job that it appears he is incapable of performing
Forwards: Too samey, too small. The Warriors pack is bland and underpowered, not much talent, not much size. The young guys have some of the attributes the Warriors need but they are inexperienced and the experience they are getting is how to lose.

Maraea

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2013
Melbourne
I don't think the problem is that they arent trying, they just arent very good.

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is a bad defender
2. Maumalo isnt a wing, hes a battering ram.
3. Ayshford is a journeyman, he doesnt have any decernable traits anymore, hes not fast and hes not skillfull
4. Kata makes poor decisions, he overplays his hand all the time
7. Shaun Johnson is not a leader, hes not a guy who can organise a team.. he has been paid to do a job that it appears he is incapable of performing
Forwards: Too samey, too small. The Warriors pack is bland and underpowered, not much talent, not much size. The young guys have some of the attributes the Warriors need but they are inexperienced and the experience they are getting is how to lose.

Their body language is terrible. Some guys who are going through the motions others who have no confidence. You cant be competitive like that even before you look at the mechanics of their game. Flaking after a few good rounds, is just weak of the players and lazy. Polarised when you win last week and dont even look like youre in the game. The players dont know how to win, theyre not too smart, SK is the only one there who could teach them something - its on them. And I dont envy SK, I wouldnt bother with them. He is their only chance of winning.

Last edited:

Blain

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 18, 2012
Wellington
I don't mind Kearneys "Process," yes the attack isn't perfect, but the defence is where we are losing games. 34 points against that rubbish Eels team is shocking. Guys like Thompson, Kata and Hoffman need to be culled for poor performance. Out second row has been rubbish for a couple seasons, and these guys have their spots guaranteed as long as they are fit?

DEFENCE is why the Warriors suck, and we all know that comes down to attitude, IQ and effort. SK needs to drop those who aren't showing that..

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Their body language is terrible. Some guys who are going through the motions others who have no confidence. You cant be competitive like that even before you look at the mechanics of their game. Flaking after a few good rounds, is just weak of the players and lazy. Polarised when you win last week and dont even look like youre in the game. The players dont know how to win, theyre not too smart, SK is the only one there who could teach them something - its on them. And I dont envy SK, I wouldnt bother with them. He is their only chance of winning.
I stilll dont know if that is the case, these terrible performances come off the back of good performances. Maybe theres a case for overconfidence leading to laziness.

The Warriors lose a high percentage of the games where they do put in an effort, so I think its more that they are over performing for the wins like the Roosters but it is the exception to the rule, a lot went their way in that game. Brisbane were a different team to what is normally on the park, the Warriors got lucky playing them when they did.

Trugoy

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 3, 2016
I stilll dont know if that is the case, these terrible performances come off the back of good performances. Maybe theres a case for overconfidence leading to laziness.

The Warriors lose a high percentage of the games where they do put in an effort, so I think its more that they are over performing for the wins like the Roosters but it is the exception to the rule, a lot went their way in that game. Brisbane were a different team to what is normally on the park, the Warriors got lucky playing them when they did.
Wouldn't it be nice that instead of anyone having to say 'games where they do put in an effort' that it was just expected and assumed they would 'put in' 100% of the time because they are well paid professionals.
To me it just goes to show that it sure does look like some of these guys seem to pick and choose when they decide to have a dig or not, and we all can see it.
When shit got a little heated in the Parra game, it sure didn't look to me like our boys wanted much of a part in any 'fight' (for want of a better word).
Where the hell has our aggression gone?
I just see apathy.
Something's missing more than ever in our attitude and passion.
Sad to see.

Last edited:

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Wouldn't it be nice that instead of anyone having to say 'games where they do put in an effort' that it was just expected and assumed they would 'put in' 100% of the time because they are well paid professionals.
To me it just goes to show that it sure does look like some of these guys seem to pick and choose when they decide to have a dig or not, and we all can see it.
When shit got a little heated in the Parra game, it sure didn't look to me like our boys wanted much of a part in any 'fight' (for want of a better word).
I just see apathy.
Sad to see.
'where they do put in an effort' was the wrong term, I should have said where they are competitive. Im sure they are trying, they just arent very good and sometimes they are terrible

Warriors fans need to realise, this team is overrated and the expectations don't fit the quality of the players

facefacts

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 26, 2012
I just see apathy.
Sad to see.

The problem is this competition is so close, the difference between the top sides and the likes of the Warriors is in reality very small when it comes to the ability of the players, which is exactly what the salary cap is supposed to do.
The difference is in coaching, it's the ability of those coaches to use the talent at their disposal correctly, then to get his team to play as close to their peak performance as possible week in week out, and that will only happen if the players believe they are a genuine chance to win the competition, and that belief will only come when they have absolute confidence the bloke who is running the show can take them to the top.

Players are just like any other employee's, they are very good at giving the impression they are working at full capacity, when in reality they aren't, they are just punching in, going through the motions, then punching out. It only takes a 5-10% difference in effort between teams to have a alarming effect on the scorecard...it's those pesky one percenters that the likes of the Warriors have always been so horrible at, the part of the game where true effort is shown so clearly.

In this competiton, with the continued success of the salary cap at spreading talent evenly throughout the teams, the importance of top quality coaching is increasing exponentially, and the players know it.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
May 8, 2012
You might be right. I might have been drunk. "The worry is they're out on their haunches (stutter) The Dragons players"
I heard it as warriors as well. But the other makes more sense

Reactions: Rilakkuma

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
The problem is this competition is so close, the difference between the top sides and the likes of the Warriors is in reality very small when it comes to the ability of the players, which is exactly what the salary cap is supposed to do.
The difference is in coaching, it's the ability of those coaches to use the talent at their disposal correctly, then to get his team to play as close to their peak performance as possible week in week out, and that will only happen if the players believe they are a genuine chance to win the competition, and that belief will only come when they have absolute confidence the bloke who is running the show can take them to the top.

Players are just like any other employee's, they are very good at giving the impression they are working at full capacity, when in reality they aren't, they are just punching in, going through the motions, then punching out. It only takes a 5-10% difference in effort between teams to have a alarming effect on the scorecard...it's those pesky one percenters that the likes of the Warriors have always been so horrible at, the part of the game where true effort is shown so clearly.

In this competiton, with the continued success of the salary cap at spreading talent evenly throughout the teams, the importance of top quality coaching is increasing exponentially, and the players know it.
If you think the Warriors consistently put in 100% and are just out played by a better coached team, you have rocks in your head.
Warriors have zero heart, as showed by about 50% of the games this season, in which they just roll over.

It's a disease, and a lot of players are guilty of spreading it.

Mutts
Shaun Johnson
Kata
Lillyman
Hoff
Bodene

Others just catch it
Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
Foz
Lisone
Vete
Luke

Xfactor

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Sydney
We would have to be the most well-mannered, soft-natured team in the NRL

And it isn't just confined to the opposition we face each week

The referees seem to think nothing of giving us a really shit deal!

It's about time the players, and especially the captain, start voicing their disgust at some of the completely bullshit decisions going against us

Fuck the consequences. Sin bin...so what we're gonna get flogged anyway. Penalty...so what they're gonna find a bullshit reason to award one against us anyway.

I'm sick to death of these guys being a total walk-over in every sense

Show some fucken balls you fairies!

Maraea

1st Grade Fringe
May 20, 2013
Melbourne

Well, do they say "I put in an effort last week and it didnt pay off so why bother this week?" I dont know. Someone who was competitive would think this week last week next week - regardless - I want to win. Regardless if my failings, my surroundings I want to win. But then I assume from my own outlook.

Reactions: Raw Power

warriorsfan92

1st Grade Fringe
Oct 11, 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
Our injury list:

WARRIORS

Manu Vatuvei (calf, indefinite)

Matt Allwood (ribs, indefinite)

Their injury list:

EELS

Isaac De Gois (concussion, indefinite)

Matt Woods (shoulder, round 15)

Frank Pritchard (ankle, round 18)

Corey Norman (knee, round 14)

Michael Jennings (quad, round 16)

Josh Hoffman (medial ligament, unknown)

David Gower (broken hand, unknown)

Kaysa Pritchard (concussion, Round 14)

Tim Mannah (ribs, Round 14)

Siosaia Vave (calf, Round 14)

We're the embarrassment of the NRL. If we were missing Shaun Johnson, Matulino, Kata, Ayshford, Luke, Lillyman, and our normal bench we'd be fucked. Yet we can't beat a seriously undermanned Eels side, who were reduced to 14 men during the game.

I don't have any answers anymore. There's not stone unturned. It's the players. Not the coaches, not the trainer, not the mental skills coach, not the nutritionist, the travel, the inexperience, too many aus/nz. There are literally NO excuses anymore, yet we still can't produce.

I'm embarrassed.

roadrunner

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 7, 2016
Tauranga
Well here we are at the halfway mark and we are still a bunch of pussies that at the start of the season we all had moderate hopes that at least we would make 8th spot after 5 lost seasons. We all love our league have an outlet to rant and rave ,suffer and celebrate the highs and lows of a team that over the last few seasons is going nowhere fast and is getting more gutless every game. So many of the team like Kata and Thompson have vanished from the radar that it is a disgrace to say you are a fan of such an inept team. Everyone except the fans associated with the club should cut all the bullshit we hear and give us some reason to support and buy into a club that is or becoming a bloody joke to sports fans. Enough is enough get the team and selections sorted out otherwise as you muppets can see soon the fan base will resemble the Sahara Desert. How the hell can at this stage of the season after the last 5 can we be talking about our season over while you at the top sit on your fat arse pay packets and give us this every week and then tell us oh it was just another down week and we really are trying. I got one word BULLSHIT.

Reactions: leaguejunkie

jonno

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 13, 2014
https://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/on-air/...arriors-losing-in-australia-very-frustrating/

Players clocking off under fatigue. Means they are lazy or tired or hungover?

Either way, they aren't making the sacrifices needed to win. They are just milking the club, beating up enough weakling teams to avoid the spoon but never winning enough to get us some pride.

The NRL need to make a new rule where a players contract can be torn up if he fails to perform to an acceptable standard.

Pozza

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
Warriors lacking in talent and mental toughness. Unfortunately most of our squad tick those two boxes big time.
NZ league coaching and junior development woeful. Problem is if the powers to be don't acknowledge this and do something about
it we'll all be having this same conversation this time next year

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings