• B

• C

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
Im gonna throw this out there, Kata was quoted as saying he plays league for the money. Is it possible that mindset leads to a player trying to get the biggest pricetag they can, hence the go it alone (go for glory) plays, hence the must try to cover for others gameplay. He seems to play for himself, it seems to me he doesnt trust his inside defender, and he doesnt try to put his wing into space
I didn't know about that quote because it makes sense. As a comparison Kieran Foran doesn't play for money. He plays for an obsessive desire to win at the game he loves. That is his over riding motivation, money is way down the list. The Polynesian boys have a responsibility to the extended family so the money is way more important, and so is the family, winning comes after that. Not saying it isn't important, it is, but it isn't right up there with the money and family. Not being an expert on psychology I can only guess that when the blowtorch goes on in a match that difference shows up. Just saying like.

tajhay

Negative Nancy
Mar 30, 2012
Sydney
Asked if he thought the comeback was on when it got back to two-point game near the end he added: "I know we've got the capability to put the points on if we stick to our process but what I was disappointed with is to give up too many points to start the half to begin with then for them to finish off with an easy try at the back end, it certainly doesn't make me happy."

Hasnt Kearney taken over the Defence coaching of the team. So is defence part of the process or not. Because it is laughable at best. And i thought we played with more intensity and agression when the players moved away from playing like retarded robots.

This team cannot play structured football.

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
KF was very telling when interviewed post match.
Basically said the only time it was working was when they went away from the one out stuff, and played what was in front of them and started offloading.

Basically sounded SK doesn't know how to get the best out of the team, and is just trying to do what Bellamy did at Melbourne

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
KF was very telling when interviewed post match.
Basically said the only time it was working was when they went away from the one out stuff, and played what was in front of them and started offloading.

Basically sounded SK doesn't know how to get the best out of the team, and is just trying to do what Bellamy did at Melbourne
It sounds a bit like it but he came from the Broncos where Bennett's game plan could be written on a match box.

If I had to guess from watching this team some players know they are not in SK's good books and will probably not be around next season. That happens when a club needs a clean out. So he is left with a few disillusioned players, which in turn affects the whole team. I am not close to the action but that is my guess.

Bluecat again

1st Grade Fringe
Sep 30, 2012
I sat up late last night to watch that shit then I had to get up early to go to work all day. Never again. In future I will record it if we have the late match and only watch if we win or when I have had a shit day that can't get worse. Watching someone elses disaster always makes me feel better

Just got home and it's interesting reading through this thread. The same questions and observations are being made by pretty much everyone and I have hit the like button so many times reading through it all. I agree with 90% of what has been said

Players need to be dropped. Some of them for good. And just because they are regular first graders can't save them anymore. If it doesn't happen now it never will

A couple of things that occurred to me last night

Everyone knows that Isaac Luke is awesome at making breaks from dummy half when the defence isn't in place. If the quick guys know this why aren't they alongside him when he goes so that they can be there to take a pass? If he can see the opportunity why can't anyone else? Invariably he looks for support then takes the tackle because he's on his own

Solomone Kata is never ever going to be a first grade centre. Could he make a hit up runner like Martin Lang used to be for Cronulla? No brains or passing or side step just head down and full tilt in to the opposition and tackle me if you dare. It got Lang an Aussie jersey

Johnson has always been flaky. He's gotten worse since he broke his leg but he has never been consistently effective as a first grade half. Why is he there? We can see it. Why can't the supposed experts? As for shifting him to fullback as has been suggested, can anyone seriously imagine him making a dozen hit ups a game on kick returns?

We have under performing first graders and promising reserves. Please please give the young guys a go

We need change and we supporters need to see it. The main reason I have Sky is to watch the Warriors. If nothing else changes then I will eventually. No Sky, no Warriors

Brother Faisal

1st Grade Fringe
May 9, 2012
Christchurch
Onto the positives:
Maumalo is growing on me as a winger. Was safe. Very slow to get going its as if hes moving in slow motion. Hitups were good...and thats what this club wants from its backs...

Bodene for falling over backwards when trying to make a tackle. Hope a cameraman got the shot because it describes the bumbling fools this team has become.
How long till he turns to custard again? One thing is true about our junior development is that it isn't consistent enough for the nrl and twice as worst when kept at the warriors.

I know the warriors do a lot for rugby league in New Zealand but I think it's time to put our efforts into an Aussie feeder system. We can't develop players here against our junior league players. We should only buy Aussie developed players. Our systems can't compete.

Mr Frank White

Warriors 1st Grader
May 19, 2012
The thing is SKs plan would work if we had forwards who were making 10+ m a run, and had the big 3.
We have only one prop who bends the line and only one player who can control the game.

He needs to toss the process, and give them a simple Bennett like plan. Props on 1, 2, then offload on 3 and 4.
5th is where KF decides to kick or give it to Shaun Johnson to run it.
Shaun Johnson is only allowed to run or offload.
Also Luke, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Shaun Johnson support up the middle.

bruce

Warriors 1st Grader
Contributor
Sep 1, 2015
The thing is SKs plan would work if we had forwards who were making 10+ m a run, and had the big 3.
We have only one prop who bends the line and only one player who can control the game.

He needs to toss the process, and give them a simple Bennett like plan. Props on 1, 2, then offload on 3 and 4.
5th is where KF decides to kick or give it to Shaun Johnson to run it.
Shaun Johnson is only allowed to run or offload.
Also Luke, Roger Tuivasa-Sheck and Shaun Johnson support up the middle.
Maybe his plan is to get those forwards eventually.

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
Johnson has always been flaky. He's gotten worse since he broke his leg but he has never been consistently effective as a first grade half. Why is he there? We can see it. Why can't the supposed experts? As for shifting him to fullback as has been suggested, can anyone seriously imagine him making a dozen hit ups a game on kick returns?
Experts can see it. I read this today on the NRL site

https://www.nrl.com/eels-v-warriors-five-key-points/tabid/10874/newsid/108504/default.aspx

How long can we forgive Shaun Johnson's shortcomings?

He's brilliant; the face of rugby league in New Zealand, but so many of Shaun Johnson's failings permeate their way through the entire Warriors team.

As his side's halfback when they attack well Johnson is invariably involved but his inability to adequately finish off attacking sets to build pressure on the opposition prevents the Warriors from graduating from a talented team into a consistent one.

With his team about to put their foot on the throats of the Eels, Johnson's awful kick running sideways on the last tackle not only handed over possession to Parramatta but saw Semi Radradra race 80 metres to score and swing momentum back their way.

The start of the second half was no better with a kick out on the full from their first use of the football and then with their next possession he went to Blake Ayshford on the last tackle who put in the type of kick you would expect.

Johnson gave away the penalty that saw the Eels extend their lead to eight points and was part of the muddled play that saw the Warriors hand over the ball with a couple of minutes.

If he'd scored the match-winner he'd have been the hero but he's got to bear the brunt of the blame for the loss.

Jordan G

Shaun Johnson running sideways before kicking has to be right up there with the Tui sideways crab, the Matulino skip and the Taylor no look pass as things that are completely unnecessary and actually hinder the team more than help.

The annoying thing is that it wasn't that long ago that Shaun Johnson was one of the highest at forcing goal line drop outs.

It's like he's concerned with the lack of sideways crab without Tui so is picking up the slack.

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Auckland
I usually record all of the games each weekend in case I miss something or get stuck looking after the kids. My MySky didn't have the red light going during the game last night.

Afterwards when I went to delete last nights games I noticed the Warriors game failed to record.

Conclusion: Even my MySky is struggling to watch this team.:depressed:

wallacenz

Warriors 1st Grader
May 7, 2012
The first line sums us up perfectly. "Hard work beats talent when talent won't work hard!"
If you watched the Tigers match tonight you would have heard the comms blast Loloheia and how unfit and off the pace he looks

As an extra slap in the face to the Warriors they said he looked like he was still running the Warriors systems while they talked about the Tigers looking clueless

Rilakkuma

1st Grade Fringe
May 19, 2012
If you watched the Tigers match tonight you would have heard the comms blast Loloheia and how unfit and off the pace he looks

As an extra slap in the face to the Warriors they said he looked like he was still running the Warriors systems while they talked about the Tigers looking clueless

As an extra extra slap in the face to the Warriors. The Dragon had just conceded points and I think it was Gasnier who said it "The Warriors are out on their haunches! How bad can we be that when other teams suck, the commentators mistake them for the Warriors.

Reactions: gREVUS and Coops

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings