Team List NRL 2016 Round 8 - Storm vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wright on the bench? Now we know how the Tigers fans used to feel when Tim Sheens used to pull the same tactics.:mad:

Surely he is only named on the bench due to injury concerns or match fitness concerns over another player. Still brings into question why those players are named.

If it is to bring TL off before coming onto play dummy half later or to replace Luke with TL moving to dummy half with Wright moving to fullback and Lolohea into the halves. It seems overly complicated or he hasn't fully committed to how he is going to replace Roger Tuivasa-Sheck. You would hope Lolohea for the rest of the season either plays 80 in at fullback or in the halves; not half a game in each position like he's in the under 13s. Chances are its the overly complicated bit as he did learn his trade off Elliott.

The starting 13 is looking a little more settled. Hopefully Vatuvei can get a run of games without injury and we see this 13 for a few games.

The bench Id have liked to have seen Vete come in or Tevaga or Roache over Wright if either of them are available.

Hopefully Gubb improves from the last few weeks. Sao didn't get much minutes last week hopefully he's better for the game time last week.

Hopefully this team has the goods as it's a late night Monday night before heading to work in the morning on Tuesday when the game is fresh in everyone's minds. Win and we can walk into work with our heads up ready to talk some football.:cool::D:) Lose and it's sneak into work and don't talk to me.:(:mad::finger::rage:

In Cappy's ideal world, none of the outside backs are injured during the game and Wright doesn't have to be used.

So this rookie ass idiot wants to only use 3 subs again in a season where the interchange has been reduced.

I know right. His bench just had to include Gubb, who I know made some good hit ups but sheesh dude can he please stop the missed low tackles?

Vete must be playing rubbish at the moment.

And Ligi must be coming right after his first hit out out was modest to say the least.

Reactions: Ranger
In Cappy's ideal world, none of the outside backs are injured during the game and Wright doesn't have to be used.

So this rookie ass idiot wants to only use 3 subs again in a season where the interchange has been reduced.

I know right. His bench just had to include Gubb, who I know made some good hit ups but sheesh dude can he please stop the missed low tackles?

Vete must be playing rubbish at the moment.

And Ligi must be coming right after his first hit out out was modest to say the least.

And my view of J Wright improved in that last game lol.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Melbourne Storm
1. Cameron Munster
2. Young Tonumaipea
3. Richard Kennar
4. Ben Hampton
5. Marika Koroibete
6. Blake Green
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Cameron Smith (c)
10. Jordan McLean
11. Kevin Proctor
12. Tohu Harris
13. Dale Finucane

14. Kenneath Bromwich
15. Tim Glasby
16. Felise Kaufusi
17. Nelson Asofa-Solomona

Gotta be a candidate for worst bench in Warriors (recent) history. Absolutely baffling. A back that can't cover the forwards at all, two out of form forwards and and guy just coming back from injury.

Really hoping Cappy isn't planning on benching TL during the game and shuffling the entire backline around so that Tui plays 5/8th. Absolutely retarded plan if so. I'd rather we run the risk of injury and have forwards on the bench. Mannering or Thompson can push out to the centres with Blake moving to the wing if somebody gets hurt. If TL can't play the 80, we're just about better with Robson than this clusterfuck.

PLEASE let us get something like this:

15. Lillyman
18. Vete
19. Lane
20. Tevaga

A fair bit more mongrel in that bench, which will be needed against the Storm. A tired forward pack or a shitty bench is a recipe for disaster against the Storm.

Good to see them stick with the spine that finished the Dogs game, always good to keep the continuity going. Those guys combined well even when Roger Tuivasa-Sheck went down.

Obviously they think Charnze or Wells aren't up to first grade standard yet hence Tui being retained at the back

Wright on the bench? That's a strange one but McFadden's always been a weird cu** when it comes to the bench and his utilisation of it.

Tevaga/Roache/Gavet/Vete/Ali would have been a better option instead of Wright, maybe even that big giraffe we swapped for RFM.

Reactions: RobRoyMcCoy

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
Maybe manu isn't right and is getting till game day to prove him self....just thinking out loud

Maybe manu isn't right and is getting till game day to prove him self....just thinking out loud
Cappy said Manu's 100%. Don't think it's that.

Supposedly was good to go last week but they decided to hold him for a week to ensure he's fully recovered.

Honestly this team excites me. Bench is questionable but our 1-13 is the best we can field.

A lot of synergy that we haven't had combined in a long time.

Tui - Form of his life. Looks like he's only getting better game by game.
Fusitua - Has put some size on lately, great finisher. Hopefully can string some injury free games together.
Kata - Our best attacking back this year. Greatly improved his defence and looks like he's only getting better.
Ayshord - Buy of the year, rock solid in defence and his draw and pass ability is exactly what we lacked in previous years
Manu - Makes more metres than our forwards. Hate that this is a thing to rely upon (forwards sort your shit out)
TL - Consistent and hits his mark with passing. He's a little weapon in defence too, hits low and makes the tackle.
Shaun Johnson - Finally developing form. Hopefully post Kiwis v Kangaroos comes back firing again
Lisone - Loving his new role. He's passionate, runs hard, quick play the balls
Luke - Starting to open up opposition forwards down the middle. Runs like he's on a treadmill but still getting there
Matulino - Our best prop
Bodene - Our best 2RF
Hoffman - Meh
Mannering - Solid

Obviously the trend here is our key, important players have almost hit peak form. Should there be no setbacks, I think we're going to beat the Storm convincingly.

This 1-13 is hands down a better team than anything we fielded last year, and hey, we were 4th at one stage last year :p

I suspect Wright has been named as a contingency plan. I'm not entirely mad at it. These are my thoughts:

1. If TL gets injured, Wright will go to Fullback and Tui to 6.
2. If Bully gets injured, Wright will go to Fullback, TL will go to 9, and Tui will go to 6.
3. If we need an extra forward, Manu will move to the middle with a straight swap with Wright.
4. If Manu or Fusitua get injured, it's a straight swap.

I've considered what I believe to be the logic behind it. If It's not my theory, then beats the hell out of me what Cappy's thinking! :p
I was gonna post something similar about the bench and Wright.

That selection is obvious and easy to tease apart.

While no other NRL coach will do it....the decision is embedded in Warrior DNA.

This is a club that under cleary's tenure....built an entire NRL campaign around a left Winger.

I won't go into an essays worth of evidence coz I've banged on about it everywhere else.

In brief....loss of Roger Tuivasa-Sheck kick return meters means Manu being rushed back is essential (STATS).

Manu might break down in the first five minutes.....in which case you need a Left wing on our try conceding left edge = Wright who did OK last week = Warrior forwards will have to do what the other fifteen teams in the NRL do = Forwards make meters....wingers score Try's.

As Hayley Holt....Rugby league genius stated...."the Warriors are reactive".

Phucken rite Professor Holt.

Check out our Manu Bench.

My own Crass way of making the same point is the Warriors play prop on the wing.....God help us all.

Not Cappy's doing.....that freak show was created by his predecessors.

The most daming thing is no one can replace our best wing prop. So we end up with a true wing on the bench where Hurrell was dabbled with also.

It is the great shame of the Warrior model and must thoroughly undermine the mentality of the Props in the long run ( fark I hate it when someone gifted from another department is better at my Job than I am...it ultimately undermines confidence.

Forwards are testosterone driven tough guys....Warrior forwards live with knowing they can't surpass their backs in a fundamental area of skill.

Warriors Props are hardened and tempered in a world where they learn to bicker over linning up to take the next hit up after a Winger.

Hardly 'charge over the hill' and take the machine gun bunker single handed formative exercises is it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Johnnyray and OMG
Status
Not open for further replies.