Team List NRL 2016 Round 8 - Storm vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Status
Not open for further replies.
One year there was a guy with his shirt off, dancing on the seats (drunk off his head), with a baby on his shoulders and he fell off the seats. I think the baby lived. Next year someone glassed a storm fan with a glass bourbon bottle. And last time I was nearby there was a drunk chick that yelled the word "cu*t" every 10 seconds for the entire match. Long story short, seen some great games of league there, I just won't sit near the Warriors section again. And the people I used to go with don't go at all now unfortunately.

EDIT: Just read the bit above from Gizzy above, and I recall the event he mentioned. Not just the once either.

Hopefully that drunk chick had tourettes and couldn't help herself...

Aussies aren't exempt either though. Seen some shocking sportsmanship and behaviour by their fans (World Cup final 2008 - I had to physically restrain myself from hitting a couple of them, NRL grand final 2008 - the Manly fans were horrible, but the worst had to be the playoffs game between the Bulldogs and the Eels, but not going into that as the actions of one guy make me feel sick).

For the record, the AFL games I went to in Melbourne (which wasn't many to be fair) had a pretty feral/bogan crowd too.

Just goes to show Tui is getting right up there as a go to player it's quite flattering of the Storm to admit they'll be paying a bit more attention to him.. that's a good thing.

It leaves options elsewhere like Bodene's middle and edge breaks. Matulino offloads for that second phase play. Lisone ball playing at the line. Luke's dummy half runs. Shaun's licence to roam etc heaps of options

Funnily I didn't like our chances when we played them at home earlier this season because it was still a case of the unknown but I'm quite comfortable about playing them over there at this point in time. Something about playing in Melbourne or Brisbane isn't as daunting to our team as it is to others.

One year there was a guy with his shirt off, dancing on the seats (drunk off his head), with a baby on his shoulders and he fell off the seats. I think the baby lived. Next year someone glassed a storm fan with a glass bourbon bottle. And last time I was nearby there was a drunk chick that yelled the word "cu*t" every 10 seconds for the entire match. Long story short, seen some great games of league there, I just won't sit near the Warriors section again. And the people I used to go with don't go at all now unfortunately.

EDIT: Just read the bit above from Gizzy above, and I recall the event he mentioned. Not just the once either.
Sounds the they are a pack of Cu*ts.

To beat the storm over there... we'll need to play as a team.

I don't think our middle forwards will dent their middle much if our forwards run like they have most of the season. If our middle plays like they did last week with Mutts and Lisone charging in like men possessed, and Lillyman hitting the line with a bit of force - we may have a chance there. Otherwise, their wrestle and slow down the play the ball will limit us.

Usually that would mean we have no chance, but the Storm outside backs look vulnerable this week. If we can lay a platform, even without denting the line much - I would back the likes of Shaun Johnson, Kata and Lolohea to make some in-roads out wide. Manu could as well, but that would mean he'd have to get the ball in space and we don't see that much ;).

We need Shaun Johnson to step up again, and try to out play Cronk. Luke usually plays his best against Smith so we can expect a niggly game from the Bully.

Where I think it might be won/lost: Melbourne's second phase play and how much ground and how many holes they make from that, coupled with Melbourne's edge defence. If Proctor and Harris can get out and cover their centres - we might not be able to score the points we need to win.

If either side dominates the middle, the game is over (IMO).

Reactions: Off The Bench
No Thursday night footie this week so took it on myslef to re-watch the Knights game from earlier this year... our first win.
Comparing to the past 2 games it's pretty clear that we've made huge progress between then and now, right across the park. Defence, right up the middle and attacking ideas.
In hindsight, although a welcome 2 points, it was very scrappy.
I reckon the timing is great to hit up the Storm and we're good for a win in Melbourne. Even better, pleased to bits to be going over for it.

Reactions: Sup42

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler

Those expats been in Aussie too long. Time to come home and relearn some manners...

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
I don't think our middle forwards will dent their middle much if our forwards run like they have most of the season.
Usually that would mean we have no chance, but the Storm outside backs look vulnerable this week.
Forget the middle then.

Run the ball towards the outside third of the field on both edges with the props playing as edge 2nd rowers and the 2nd rowers and halves running lines back towards the middle on the retreating pack...

Reactions: Jay M
Just goes to show Tui is getting right up there as a go to player it's quite flattering of the Storm to admit they'll be paying a bit more attention to him.. that's a good thing.

And Laurie Tuimavave reckons he's one of the most talented players in the game.

• Angry
Reactions: Ruebin
That bench absolutely kills me.

Hopefully Wright is only there in case Fusitua can't play or something... Otherwise I don't know whatmthenfuck is going on there. You can't carry literally just outside back cover...
Cappy will make a decision on gameday as usual, and if Manu is ok, he'll put Hurrell in I guess? Roache is still injured? Tevaga injured? Gavet not good enough? I think Roger Tuivasa-Sheck injury has left us with no impact utility of note. So Wright is covering Manu's comeback, and on gameday he'll add the last bench player..

To beat the storm over there... we'll need to play as a team.

I don't think our middle forwards will dent their middle much if our forwards run like they have most of the season. If our middle plays like they did last week with Mutts and Lisone charging in like men possessed, and Lillyman hitting the line with a bit of force - we may have a chance there. Otherwise, their wrestle and slow down the play the ball will limit us.

Usually that would mean we have no chance, but the Storm outside backs look vulnerable this week. If we can lay a platform, even without denting the line much - I would back the likes of Shaun Johnson, Kata and Lolohea to make some in-roads out wide. Manu could as well, but that would mean he'd have to get the ball in space and we don't see that much ;).

We need Shaun Johnson to step up again, and try to out play Cronk. Luke usually plays his best against Smith so we can expect a niggly game from the Bully.

Where I think it might be won/lost: Melbourne's second phase play and how much ground and how many holes they make from that, coupled with Melbourne's edge defence. If Proctor and Harris can get out and cover their centres - we might not be able to score the points we need to win.

If either side dominates the middle, the game is over (IMO).

Usually when we get to this game it makes or breaks our season. And we're usually not in good shape. this time around we have most of our troops and have form. I think we could conceivably belt them by 10. But history suggest otherwise...

Jordan G

Those expats been in Aussie too long. Time to come home and relearn some manners...

I've noticed that a bit over here actually. It's almost like some Kiwis feel they're being rebellious if they openly go out of their way to put their Kiwiness on display.

Maybe I just never noticed it in NZ for the obvious reasons.

Having said that, Aussies can be very overinflated in regards to where they feel their place in the world is so the two probably feed into each other.

One year there was a guy with his shirt off, dancing on the seats (drunk off his head), with a baby on his shoulders and he fell off the seats. I think the baby lived. Next year someone glassed a storm fan with a glass bourbon bottle. And last time I was nearby there was a drunk chick that yelled the word "cu*t" every 10 seconds for the entire match. Long story short, seen some great games of league there, I just won't sit near the Warriors section again.

It's called assimilation ...

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
I've noticed that a bit over here actually. It's almost like some Kiwis feel they're being rebellious if they openly go out of their way to put their Kiwiness on display.

Maybe I just never noticed it in NZ for the obvious reasons.

Having said that, Aussies can be very overinflated in regards to where they feel their place in the world is so the two probably feed into each other.
ive been here a little over 9 years now, i hold an Aussie and a Kiwi passport. Im proud of my heritage but also proud of my adopted country. I certainly dont go round shouting KIWI KIWI KIWI, in everything i do. But then again i dont yell Aussie Aussie Aussie either. If im not openly Kiwi i have never denied it either. Whether or not im in Australia or NZ i just try to be the best me i can be. Im very sure rebelliousness has nothing to do with it.

Navigator

Christchurch Born n bred white bait fed.
Contributor
ive been here a little over 9 years now, i hold an Aussie and a Kiwi passport. Im proud of my heritage but also proud of my adopted country. I certainly dont go round shouting KIWI KIWI KIWI, in everything i do. But then again i dont yell Aussie Aussie Aussie either. If im not openly Kiwi i have never denied it either. Whether or not im in Australia or NZ i just try to be the best me i can be. Im very sure rebelliousness has nothing to do with it.
I have been here since 1987 and to this day I am enjoying this country and the way it is so far advanced to New Zealand in its day today stuff, I have a kiwi wife and two aussie boys and I will back the aussies 100 % until they got against a Kiwi team. as my motto go Aussie By need But I'm still Kiwi at Heart.

I make more money here and the temps in Qld are a little better then CHCH....but Home is home I fall in love with my home in chch each and every time I come home.

Jordan G

Yes, there are those who use it as a rebellious thing. It's a personality thing more than a pro-Kiwi thing, but whatever weapon you have you use.

Of course then there are those who are just dicks regardless of nation, and you'll find those in any country.

Gubb was born into the wrong times in this 21st century.

He would be much happier in medieval days, swinging a battle ax by day, and bedding drunken maidens by night.

He's a warrior poet in a PC Feminist world...

Yes I'm excited that Game Of Thrones is coming back on too ! Shame I still can't get as excited for this week's match against Melbourne. Ten pages into this conversation and still no one can confidently tell us just what fuck Cappy thinks he's doing with that bench ... o_O

Jordan G

Yes I'm excited that Game Of Thrones is coming back on too ! Shame I still can't get as excited for this week's match against Melbourne. Ten pages into this conversation and still no one can confidently tell us just what fuck Cappy thinks he's doing with that bench ... o_O

I'm thinking that he's thinking....

Lillyman - No brainer, and worked well last week with Lisone starting
Sao - Probably would have started the year if not for injury so Cappy likely rates him
Gubb - Poor performance on the weekend, but has runs on the board to a degree
Wright - We've lost backs to injury in over half our games we've played this year and Konnie needs to be playing more than 20 minutes off the bench to earn his spot back.

Reactions: Johnnyray
Status
Not open for further replies.