General NRL 2016 Round 8 - General Discussion

Which TWO games are most looking forward to?

• Broncos vs Rabbitohs

• Bulldogs vs Titans

• Raiders vs Tigers

• Cowboys vs Eels

• Sharks vs Panthers

• Knights vs Manly

• Dragons vs Roosters

• Storm vs Warriors

Results are only viewable after voting.
Shame for Te Maire Martin, has shown a lot since debuting a few rounds ago. Not sure how long a shoulder fracture will keep him out.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Braith Anasta reckons Jason Taylor has lost the dressing shed..
Rumours replacement could be Uncle Ivan if Jason Taylor gets the punt
You could during half time that he was just staring at the floor and it was 22-6. He's gone. Been having a good laugh reading Tigpie fans reactions. 90% want Taylor gone with a few wanting Farah gone as well. Havent won a game with Robbie back...

13055486_1599640977020443_5766181488399228305_n.jpg

Reactions: BiggerD and bruce
Watching the Panthers vs Sharks game, there's a new "Fish" in town, junior Kiwi and reminds me of JWH, one to watch for the future.

Jordan G

Good game between Sharks/Panthers. If Sharks win we could be a win away from being in the 8 tomorrow (depending on how much the Sea Eagles beat the Knights by)

Reactions: bruce and 6 Again
Question guys and dolls: Why is/was the Panthers trainer allowed to run behind the team, not attending to a player, but seemingly to shout instructions as the Panthers had the ball? Thanks.

Question guys and dolls: Why is/was the Panthers trainer allowed to run behind the team, not attending to a player, but seemingly to shout instructions as the Panthers had the ball? Thanks.

Can only be done when the team has the ball, not in defence and all teams do it, although I think it isn't actually allowed in the rules. Hey if it's good enough for under 7's it should be good enough for the big boys.

Reactions: bruce

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Ol Alfie Langer has been doing it for years now. As long as someone takes a sip out of his bottle once and he's off when they defend he's following the letter of the law...

Reactions: 6 Again

bruce

Contributor
Ol Alfie Langer has been doing it for years now. As long as someone takes a sip out of his bottle once and he's off when they defend he's following the letter of the law...
Yep...before they bought the defence rule in the trainers were calling the defensive lines
Watching the Panthers vs Sharks game, there's a new "Fish" in town, junior Kiwi and reminds me of JWH, one to watch for the future.
The guy is brilliant. That first try was real class. He might be a bolter for the Kiwi tour. I couldn't work out how the Warriors missed him. It turns out he is Ngapuhi from Rawene and played in Whangarei. A little too far for Dean Bell to travel. That is why we have so many Polynesians from South Auckland.

jason taylor has always seemed to be a shit coach to me

i've seen nothing recently that changes my mind
Always thought he was a shit player to.
His goal kicking was all he had really IMO.
He was just a catch and offload half.
He was in an era of strong halves, but never rated the man.

Yep...before they bought the defence rule in the trainers were calling the defensive lines
The guy is brilliant. That first try was real class. He might be a bolter for the Kiwi tour. I couldn't work out how the Warriors missed him. It turns out he is Ngapuhi from Rawene and played in Whangarei. A little too far for Dean Bell to travel. That is why we have so many Polynesians from South Auckland.

He's one quarter Gangsta to judging from his Panthers bio.

bruce

Contributor
He's one quarter Gangsta to judging from his Panthers bio.
Those Ngapuhi country boys can be pretty tough. Adam Blair is Ngapuhi too. JD should send the Warriors scouts up there like the other NRL clubs do. Not joking either. To look at the Warriors team you could think all league players here were Samoan or Tongan. Nothing against Samoans or Tongans, nothing at all, but something is wrong when they seem to be the only ones getting picked.

bruce

Contributor
Always thought he was a shit player to.
His goal kicking was all he had really IMO.
He was just a catch and offload half.
He was in an era of strong halves, but never rated the man.
Jason Taylor was more of a player than that. He isn't big but he could stand up on defence as well as anybody, it wasn't just his goalkicking. The Tigers is a club in turmoil. They were saying on Fox today that this slump started when Robbie Farah came back. Stats don't lie and maybe Taylor will pay the price but the Fox commentators reckon the club haven't got the money to pay Taylor out.