• Dont care

• No

• Who cares? Just win!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NRL 2016 Round 7 - Bulldogs vs Warriors TEAM LIST

NRL+Rd+9+Warriors+v+Bulldogs+xcKRy6jAKKIx.jpg

NZWF Official thread for the 2016 Round 7 Warriors team list and discussion.

Round 7 , Sat 16 Apr, 7:30 PM (local), Westpac Stadium #NRLBulldogsWarriors

VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK
2 JONATHAN WRIGHT
3 BLAKE AYSHFORD
4 SOLOMONE KATA
5 DAVID Fusitua
6 TUIMOALA LOLOHEA
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 SAM LISONE
9 ISSAC LUKE
10 BEN MATULINO
11 BODENE THOMPSON
12 RYAN HOFFMAN (c)
13 SIMON MANNERING

Interchange:
14 THOMAS LEULUAI
15 JACOB LILLYMAN
16 CHARLIE GUBB
17 KONRAD HURRELL
18 LIGI SAO

Last edited by a moderator:

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Who wants Thomas Leuluai to be named in the halves this afternoon? (don’t care if its 6 or 7 myself)

Robson didn’t drop the ball or miss any tackles last week – good for him.

But his job is to make life easier for Johnson, who isn’t showing any signs that approach is working for him.

I’d be quite happy to have TL back, kata is improving rapidly on defence, he and Thomas suddenly seem a relatively stout combination compared to the swinging door of the first few rounds. And to give Johnson credit his defence is pretty sound these days, so it’d be nice to have a backline without any glaring holes in it (lets just leave manu out of this)

I know everyone jokes about how he’s considerate indispensable by the club, but I think he would help things, not heaps, but Robson is definition of a place holder, even if he overcalls Johnson and puts in some crap kicks, it’s still overall a better option.

Even short on match fitness, as a half I think he can manage his way through the 80 minutes.

I’ll be very disappointed if he’s off the bench again, carrying two hookers against a big dogs pack isn’t showing any game planning or considering your opposition, its just rolling out the same players in the same combination that hasn't worked and hoping for the best.

Reactions: 3 users
I am fair shitting my pants after last nights game.
If the dogs aim up like that again we will have to bring everything just to get close.
It's time to put out whatever combo we think are going to be there in the future and give it the time to work.
No more waiting, no more excuses.
The A team, a game plan, go!

Reactions: 1 users
Who wants Thomas Leuluai to be named in the halves this afternoon?

He's there if he's capable of punching out 80 minutes, otherwise Tevaga on the Bench and Tommy to get a full game in NSW Cup bring him back to replace Robson next weekend against the Storm, but good luck to Cappy getting him to play Reserve grade. Poor bastard was completely gassed and buckled over last Saturday, he got what he asked for, I don't expect he's the type of player that'll ever come back into the team through the back door.

That's another reason we need him, because he's a hard edged little fuck whose ultra competitive.

Robson's not giving us anything that Tommy can't make up for with his game - he's the better defender and offers more in attack ... game management pfft! Johnson's doing most of the tactical kicking anyway so were not loosing a lot there. As you said Robson's a place holder I'm expect Leuluai to be named at 7 if he's fit enough.

Reactions: 2 users
Tuimoala Lolohea will start at standoff while Bodene Thompson, David Fusitua and Ligi Sao have been brought into the squad for the Vodafone Warriors’ seventh-round NRL match against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at Westpac Stadium in Wellington on Saturday (7.30pm kick-off).

Lolohea moves from the wing to join halfback Shaun Johnson with Thompson back from a three-match injury absence to restore the club’s established back row combination.

With Thompson in the second row, Simon Mannering reverts to loose forward where he started in the first three rounds while Fusitua comes in on the wing with Lolohea’s shift to the halves.

“We’ve always seen Tui as moving into the halves at some stage,” said Vodafone Warriors head coach Andrew McFadden.

“We had him there late last season when Shaun was injured and he also played in the halves for the Kiwis. He provides great value wherever he plays on the field but, while he has done a terrific job on the wing, we see Tui’s future being in the halves. It’s a good time to bring him in.”

Named on an extended bench is back rower/prop Sao. Sidelined with a shoulder injury since the February 20 trial against St George Illawarra in Nelson, he made his return for the club’s Intrust Super Premiership side in its 30-12 win over North Sydney on Sunday.

An NYC premiership winner with the Vodafone Junior Warriors in 2011, Sao made 21 NRL appearances for Manly from 2013-2015 – 20 of them last season – before coming home to Auckland. If he plays on Saturday night, he’ll become Vodafone Warrior #210.

McFadden has also made a switch in the front row, naming Sam Lisone to start with the vastly-experienced Jacob Lillyman set to be used from the interchange.

Veteran wing Manu Vatuvei hasn’t fully recovered from the hamstring injury which kept him out of last week’s clash against Manly. That has allowed Fusitua to return for his 16th NRL match after last appearing against the Roosters in July last season.

The Vodafone Warriors face a Canterbury-Bankstown side lying fifth on the ladder after an 18-12 win over the Storm in Melbourne last night. The Bulldogs are spending the rest of the week in the Capital for what is their home game.

The match will be the Vodafone Warriors’ ninth in Wellington and their fourth in the last four years.

Their squad includes four players with Wellington connections.

Ben Matulino has played in each of the last three matches there since 2013 while Gubb was in the NRL side last year. Mannering and hooker Issac Luke both spent time in the Capital in their junior playing days; Mannering appeared in the last three visits but this will be Luke’s first NRL game in Wellington.

This will be the 34th encounter between the two sides and the sixth time they’ve met in Wellington. The Bulldogs hold a 19-12 winning advantage overall with two draws. In 15 away games the record favours Canterbury-Bankstown 9-4 with two draws.

VODAFONE WARRIORS v CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS
Westpac Stadium, Wellington
7.30pm, Saturday, April 16

VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK
2 JONATHAN WRIGHT
3 BLAKE AYSHFORD
4 SOLOMONE KATA
5 DAVID Fusitua
6 TUIMOALA LOLOHEA
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 SAM LISONE
9 ISSAC LUKE
10 BEN MATULINO
11 BODENE THOMPSON
12 RYAN HOFFMAN (c)
13 SIMON MANNERING

Interchange:
14 THOMAS LEULUAI
15 JACOB LILLYMAN
16 CHARLIE GUBB
17 KONRAD HURRELL
18 LIGI SAO

HEAD COACH | ANDREW McFADDEN

Reactions: 6 users
Didn't expect Cappy to have the balls.. With Tommy back in the side, they must see Lolohea as a legit No 6 for the rest of the season.

Hurrell on the bench.. Hope Sao comes in.

Not stoked to see Wright there, but understand the solidity he brings to the back line.. I guess.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm at the meh stage in life. Absolutely no confidence we won't concede another 30 points tbh. More than happy to be proved wrong

Reactions: 15 users
Finally he's looked into his crystal ball and seen the future:), hope he sticks with him and gives him the time he needs, Shaun Johnson back to halfback, happy enough with that.

Reactions: 4 users
Interested to see how he uses the bench. I think Konreezie will be left out to accommodate Ligi and Lillyman alongside Leuluai and Gubb.

I like the run on side but am not yet seeing Cappys bench logic

Reactions: 2 users

Ever Hopeful

Contributor
Interesting to see Fusitua ahead of Wells who looks to be down the pecking order. Having said that Fusitua has so much going for him if he actually decides to turn up and be a committed NRL FG player. I hope he does one day SOON because he could be a star.

Hoping Hurrell drops off the interchange.

Great to see Cappy making some changes. I actually applaud the fact (to a point) that he tried to be consistent in the early season. No knee-jerk reactions, he allowed players time to build into their roles. Shame on them for not taking their opportunities and now time is well and truly up.

I am scared of the bench. Usually an extra player means they are bracketed with a borderline fit player in the same position. If Sao drops off that bench is a forward short.

Also worried about Lolohea getting tired and missing tackles at the back end of the game.

Reactions: 9 users
YOUR TEAM | v Bulldogs
Richard Becht

Tue 12th April, 04:27PM

Tuimoala Lolohea will start at standoff while Bodene Thompson, David Fusitua and Ligi Sao have been brought into the squad for the Vodafone Warriors’ seventh-round NRL match against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at Westpac Stadium in Wellington on Saturday (7.30pm kick-off).

Lolohea moves from the wing to join halfback Shaun Johnson with Thompson back from a three-match injury absence to restore the club’s established back row combination.

With Thompson in the second row, Simon Mannering reverts to loose forward where he started in the first three rounds while Fusitua comes in on the wing with Lolohea’s shift to the halves.

“We’ve always seen Tui as moving into the halves at some stage,” said Vodafone Warriors head coach Andrew McFadden.

“We had him there late last season when Shaun was injured and he also played in the halves for the Kiwis. He provides great value wherever he plays on the field but, while he has done a terrific job on the wing, we see Tui’s future being in the halves. It’s a good time to bring him in.”

Named on an extended bench is back rower/prop Sao. Sidelined with a shoulder injury since the February 20 trial against St George Illawarra in Nelson, he made his return for the club’s Intrust Super Premiership side in its 30-12 win over North Sydney on Sunday.

An NYC premiership winner with the Vodafone Junior Warriors in 2011, Sao made 21 NRL appearances for Manly from 2013-2015 – 20 of them last season – before coming home to Auckland. If he plays on Saturday night, he’ll become Vodafone Warrior #210.

McFadden has also made a switch in the front row, naming Sam Lisone to start with the vastly-experienced Jacob Lillyman set to be used from the interchange.

Veteran wing Manu Vatuvei hasn’t fully recovered from the hamstring injury which kept him out of last week’s clash against Manly. That has allowed Fusitua to return for his 16th NRL match after last appearing against the Roosters in July last season.

The Vodafone Warriors face a Canterbury-Bankstown side lying fifth on the ladder after an 18-12 win over the Storm in Melbourne last night. The Bulldogs are spending the rest of the week in the Capital for what is their home game.

The match will be the Vodafone Warriors’ ninth in Wellington and their fourth in the last four years.

Their squad includes four players with Wellington connections.

Ben Matulino has played in each of the last three matches there since 2013 while Gubb was in the NRL side last year. Mannering and hooker Issac Luke both spent time in the Capital in their junior playing days; Mannering appeared in the last three visits but this will be Luke’s first NRL game in Wellington.

This will be the 34th encounter between the two sides and the sixth time they’ve met in Wellington. The Bulldogs hold a 19-12 winning advantage overall with two draws. In 15 away games the record favours Canterbury-Bankstown 9-4 with two draws.

VODAFONE WARRIORS v CANTERBURY-BANKSTOWN BULLDOGS

Westpac Stadium, Wellington

7.30pm, Saturday, April 16

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK

2 JONATHAN WRIGHT

3 BLAKE AYSHFORD

4 SOLOMONE KATA

5 DAVID Fusitua

6 TUIMOALA LOLOHEA

7 SHAUN JOHNSON

8 SAM LISONE

9 ISSAC LUKE

10 BEN MATULINO

11 BODENE THOMPSON

12 RYAN HOFFMAN (c)

13 SIMON MANNERING

Interchange:

14 THOMAS LEULUAI

15 JACOB LILLYMAN

16 CHARLIE GUBB

17 KONRAD HURRELL

18 LIGI SAO

HEAD COACH | ANDREW McFADDEN

In Wright and Ayshford we get experience and in Kata and Fusitua we get strike power hopefully.

Go Tui. Now is the hour.

Please bench players, can you improve the team when you get on the field?

Reactions: 1 user
Holy shit. He actually dropped Robbo and slotted Lolohea into the halves.

And demoted Bull to the bench.

My call is Ligi Sao will replace Konnie on game day.

Reactions: 20 users
Interested to see how he uses the bench. I think Konreezie will be left out to accommodate Ligi and Lillyman alongside Leuluai and Gubb.

I like the run on side but am not yet seeing Cappys bench logic
hope so cause we need the size up front, and Gubby better go all kamikaze on defense cause he was shit last week and I cant see him making much metres against the doggies.

Reactions: 4 users
Wow.
A month too late IMO but better late than never.
Can't say I was looking forward to this weeks game but it'll be worth tuning in now just to see how Shaun Johnson (ps why is he back at 7 if the numbers don't make any difference?) and tui combine.
Still can't say I'm any more confident but atleast it'll be interesting viewing.
Always thought Lillyman was better off the bench too so that's good.
Would've kept vete over lisone- purely coz he's a bigger body and the dogs are massive but not too fused.
Come on u karnts!

Reactions: 6 users
With Tommy on the bench and the versatility of Tui we have cover for the backline so Konkrete to NSW cup and Sao back would get my vote.

Reactions: 7 users
Status
Not open for further replies.