General NRL 2016 Round 5 - General Discussion

Which TWO games are you most looking forward to? Warriors game included.

• Manly vs Rabbitohs

• Titans vs Broncos

• Storm vs Knights

• Tigers vs Sharks

• Cowboys vs Dragons

• Roosters vs Warriors

• Eels vs Panthers

• Bulldogs vs Raiders

Results are only viewable after voting.
NRL 2016 Round 5 - General Discussion

R5.jpg

A thread for all 2016 Round 5 team lists, discussions, news and views. Serves as a team list thread and game day discussion for all games through the week. A new like this thread will open every Tuesday for team list Tuesday.

Feel free to add team lists as they become available people. Thank you...

R5 Draw.png

Ladder positions are wrong sorry. Pulled before Round 4 had finished.​

.Summing up the season so far seems to be there was the usual 1st round debacle, followed by 2 good losing performances, followed by a bad first half but winning game.

I really don't care who the Roosters select. I want our guys to concentrate on their own structures and performance. The combinations seemed to click a bit better in the backs. I thought the forwards defence was good in the middle but the edges were a bit dodgy. If Thompson is back that should help.

Reactions: 1 user
Sorry mods, can't find an NRL round 5 thread so feel free to move.
Manly even without Giraffe neck seem to be coming right just in time to give us a belting.
How can a team lose so much talent and still remain competitive?

Sorry mods, can't find an NRL round 5 thread so feel free to move.
Manly even without Giraffe neck seem to be coming right just in time to give us a belting.
How can a team lose so much talent and still remain competitive?
That's exactly what I was thinking watching the Manly Rabbitohs game.

Both clubs defensive spirits peaked after Manly let in those early points they went into lockdown and so did Souths.

Those teams playing like that....would butcher us.

Bracing for a disappointing loss to the Roosters followed by a thumping by Manly....hope I'm wrong...but they look awesome this week.

Reactions: 1 users
Kata looks very solid on defence and Manu was running with purpose last week if they concentrate on structure and go the full 80 minutes then we should have a good game against the Roosters.

Gee that Kahu is a great player. The way he caught the ball and fell over the try line.... amazing.

If he can do that 200 times he'll be a dead set legend.......

Reactions: 2 users
After a long week I need some caffine to stop me falling asleep during tonight's game. Eveytime I make a coffee at the start of each half the Broncos score.:cool: I just wish we had an open plan lounge so I could see the damn TV from the kitchen.:banghead:

That was some good passing on the Kau try.

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
After a long week I need some caffine to stop me falling asleep during tonight's game. Eveytime I make a coffee at the start of each half the Broncos score.:cool: I just wish we had an open plan lounge so I could see the damn TV from the kitchen.:banghead:

That was some good passing on the Kau try.
Make plenty of coffee on Sunday and see how that goes ;). If it works Im sure the forum and club will buy you a little shop so you start selling the things during games...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
wow this years games have all had some nice comebacks wonder if they can go all the way and win go the titans

Make plenty of coffee on Sunday and see how that goes ;). If it works Im sure the forum and club will buy you a little shop so you start selling the things during games...
Well it's working tonight as I'm going for the Broncos. If I was going for the Titans it would be a bit of a disaster in terms of re-using it for Sunday.;)

I'm just glad they no longer have the double headers on Friday nights those were pretty hard. I'd often fall asleep on the couch. It used to lead to some confusing conversations with my wife when she'd ask if I was coming to bed. I'd respond that I'm still watching the game only to be told it's 3am and your watching highlights of the netball.:confused:

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Great comeback from the Titans but well done to the Broncos for backing up after that thriller last week. That game would have taken a lot out of them and the Titans were in with a good chance to take advantage of that...

Really like the way the Broncos work around the middle with their halves and using Roberts speed infield.

It would be good to see us working like that with Johnson, Luke and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck working teams over in the middle.

This is why I think Johnson needs to be first receiver and halfback can target the tiring forwards through the middle. By the time te gets the ball at 2nd receiver the defence is already up in his face and he's up against the backs instead of tiring forwards. Also he has less width of the field to use especially where he likes to run across the field targeting tired defenders.

bruce

Contributor
This is why I think Johnson needs to be first receiver and halfback can target the tiring forwards through the middle. By the time te gets the ball at 2nd receiver the defence is already up in his face and he's up against the backs instead of tiring forwards. Also he has less width of the field to use especially where he likes to run across the field targeting tired defenders.
Fair comment and I agree. The question then is what to do with Jeff Robson?

Do you think that perhaps Cappy is protecting him until he regains his confidence?

Big injury to come back from and I did see quite an improvement with him last week, still early in the season and I would prefer to see him coming right towards the back end of the season.