• No

• WTF!

• Who cares? Just win!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
mode81

mode81

Knights will fancy their chances and they shouldn't be underestimated. Our team ain't won shit in ages.

Manu and Luke back for this game? That is massive. Come on Bully silence a few doubters.

Geez how far away from First Grade is Ali? Bodene out could have possibly thrown the big fella in his place.

Reactions: 1 user
bruce

bruce

Contributor
What I hate is bullshit. The story about the bust up is exactly that. Utter bullshit. I dont suffer fools nor trolls.

What I hate about it is people will believe it and forever use it against the coach or player. Thats not fair and most reasonable people would agree.

I spent a lot of time talking to players to verify this. Believe me. If there was a bust up Id be all over it.

Isaac Luke was injured during the captains run when a player fell on top of him. I know the player who fell on him. I know what training drills they were doing. All confirmed by four players who were in the 1st grade team that day.

Now I know the tin foil hat brigade will say it was all a team contrived coverup but you cant make everyone happy. Fact is way more boring than fiction.

Go back to the original post about the bust up and think about the story that was spun. Even if you didnt have sources you would work out very quickly that its all bullshit...
Read my post, I said I couldn't care less whether or not it was true.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
InsideBall

InsideBall

Assuming Bodene's out and no one is backing up from yesterday;

8. Lillyman
9. Luke
10. Matulino
11. Mannering
12. Hoffman
13. Lisone

14. Tevaga
15. Vete
16. Gubb
17. Hurrell

I mean, it's a good looking forward pack. Should really beast this Knights team.

No excuses.

Pete

Pete

I think I would rather Gavet over Grubb. Offers a lot more on attack. Is Gubbs D good enough to make up for his attack? He has a bit of a cult following but Im not too convinced. Think we are missing a young Menzies like Lock who can glide through the line.

Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

I think I would rather Gavet over Grubb. Offers a lot more on attack. Is Gubbs D good enough to make up for his attack? He has a bit of a cult following but Im not too convinced. Think we are missing a young Menzies like Lock who can glide through the line.
If you had watched the reserves yesterday you might have a different POV. He let in two tries with his poor tackle effort and generally looked like he had been out partying all night.

way2sharp

way2sharp

What I hate is bullshit. The story about the bust up is exactly that. Utter bullshit. I dont suffer fools nor trolls.

What I hate about it is people will believe it and forever use it against the coach or player. Thats not fair and most reasonable people would agree.

I spent a lot of time talking to players to verify this. Believe me. If there was a bust up Id be all over it.

Isaac Luke was injured during the captains run when a player fell on top of him. I know the player who fell on him. I know what training drills they were doing. All confirmed by four players who were in the 1st grade team that day.

Now I know the tin foil hat brigade will say it was all a team contrived coverup but you cant make everyone happy. Fact is way more boring than fiction.

Go back to the original post about the bust up and think about the story that was spun. Even if you didnt have sources you would work out very quickly that its all bullshit...
Thanks Mt W. Always good to get some facts. Ruins a good conspiracy theory for the Cappy haters tho.
Just when I was waiting for the Brodine out (back up hooker) Luke no longer injured....
Lol.

Jay M

Jay M

The thing is Konnie would have scored at least three tries this season that Ayshford didn't. Did Ayshford save any tries?

big speculation there... you don't know that Konnie would have scored those tries - he could have dropped the ball, he might have been tackled... He might have also given away penalties, been suspended, dropped the ball blah blah blah. You can't directly compare someone not playing to someone who is - and Konnie is not exactly knocking down doors and scoring hattricks every game in NSW Cup... and our NSW Cup form is barely better than the senior teams.

Personally I think they both Ayshford and Konrad should be in the match day 17... but it's a tough one. (personally I think Hurrell offers more than Kata - but that's a different story).

Raurimu Massive

Raurimu Massive

I think things were made worse by sites saying his slated return was indefinite instead of naming a round as they normally do. "Indefinite" is usually only used for serious injuries, which Luke's clearly was not. Add Luke's history into the mix, and speculation was bound to run wild.

Clanger

Clanger

On paper that side should beat anybody.
This has been our problem all along, they make us play on grass instead of paper and we can't beat anyone (apart from the Knights hopefully).

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Pete

Pete

If you had watched the reserves yesterday you might have a different POV. He let in two tries with his poor tackle effort and generally looked like he had been out partying all night.
Ill take your word for it. Gubb will chop them down. Needs a haircut though

kingzaya

Hopefully Gubb steps up again today, thought he defended well last week, however is it worth his lack of attack? Maybe yes maybe no, but we havent seen enough of him to say he cant run the ball, today will be a huge boost for him, settling back in may elevate his confidence, thus attacking aggression to compliment his defence !

Rick O'Shay

Rick O'Shay

Why didn't Cappy say that to SkyTV then. He is a good talker, he can think of excuses as good as any of them.

He may have been so pissed off at Luke getting injured he didn't want to discuss it. Maybe Luke was horsing around at the run and damaged himself. I really have no idea but it's irrelevant anyway as he didn't play last week but is playing this week.

Either he has made a full recovery or he has been pardoned

Mr Brownstone

If a cult following is defined as a player having a level of fan support that far exceeds that warranted by his actual level of play then I would suggest both Gubb and Gavet have cult status. I realise this is an unpopular view on here however I'm blown away by the positive talk about Gavet, I genuinely don't get it. In saying that I'm firmly in the Konnie cult club.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
I don't care what the truth is about Luke, but what I did find really strange was when Cappy was being interviewed pre game and asked about the seriousness of Luke's injury, which in the circumstances I thought to be a highly relevant question he said he didn't want to talk about it as if the interviewer had crossed some line. He could have said something like it appears to be a minor knee niggle that we are taking precautions about, but he didn't. I haven't heard him talk about it since either.
Just watched the interview and didn't see anything wrong. If you are looking for something you would find it anywhere, if you weren't you wouldn't.

Interviewer: Can you shed some light on whether we will see Isaac Luke don the boots today?
Cappy: No, unfortunately we wont, Isaac hurt himself in our captains run yesterday, unfortunately, so we have a young Jazz Tevaga making his debut today.

not seeing a problem myself. Will we see Isaac playing? No he got injured so we have a new guy playing.

Last edited:
Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
That is why he is a playing out of his skin at Cronulla.
Yes, he is playing well. He is continuing on from when he played with us and the development he got under Cappy.

MrWarrior203

Starting lineup today will be

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck
2. Tuimoala Lolohea
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Solomone Kata
20. Manu Vatuvei
6. Shaun Johnson
7. Jeff Robson
8. Jacob Lillyman
19. Isaac Luke