11 Bodene Thompson
12 Ryan Hoffman (c)
13 Simon Mannering

14 Charlie Gubb
15 Sam Lisone
16 Konrad Hurrell
17 Albert Vete

Coach: Andrew McFadden

Konrad Hurrell and Sam Lisone come on to the bench for the Warriors. James Gavet and Nathaniel Roache make way for their returns.

Knights
1 Dane Gagai
2 Nathan Ross
3 Sione Mata'utia
4 Pat Mata'utia
5 Cory Denniss
6 Jarrod Mullen
7 Trent Hodkinson (c)
8 Sam Mataora
9 Tyler Randell
10 Korbin Sims
11 Jacob Saifiti
12 Robbie Rochow
13 Jeremy Smith

14 Danny Levi
15 Mickey Paea
16 Lachlan Fitzgibbon
17 Pauli Pauli

Coach: Nathan Brown

The Knights are unchanged following their draw with the Raiders, though Sione Mata'utia is under a suspension cloud.

Last edited by a moderator:
With Hodkinson and Mullen improving as a halves pairing, I fear the worst for the Warriors...... Also the impact off the bench for the knights was huge for them on the Weekend.

My tip is Knights by 1 point

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
NZ Warriors the worst-hit for injuries early with eight out
PETER THORNTON
It's early days but the Warriors are the worst-hit team for injuries so far in the 2016 NRL season.
The Auckland-based side, who lost to the Melbourne Storm 21-14 in their opening home game at Mt Smart on Sunday, have suffered eight injuries through the preseason and the first three games to be under pressure in the 26-round competition.
The Sydney Roosters, if you count Mitchell Pearce's absence for being stood down for his off-field indiscretions, are the next worst-hit on the injury list with seven players out with the Knights (six), Panthers (six) and Raiders (five) among the others struggling after round three.
The Warriors are hopeful about the return of fullback/ wing Henare Wells (hamstring) for their home game against the Knights on Monday and hooker Thomas Leuluai (ACL) next week for the clash against the Roosters in Sydney, but many more of the casualty ward are long-term concerns.

Marquee signing hooker Issac Luke, who was a late withdrawal for the team's first home game after suffering a knee injury in training, is an indefinite absence at this stage.
That is the same for prop Ligi Sao (shoulder), second-rower Ben Henry (knee), prop Sam Lisone (shoulder), winger Manu Vatuvei (ribs), and livewire hooker Nathaniel Roache (ankle), who was injured on the weekend.
The high injury rate played a huge role in the Warriors fall from grace at the end of the 2015 season. After they lost playmaker Shaun Johnson with a horrific ankle injury, they lost several other key players and went on to drop their final eight games of the season to finish 13th.
Those woes have continued into the 2016 season, but it is not all bad news for coach Andrew McFadden heading into the round-four Easter Monday clash with the Knights.
Newcastle, also suffering injuries themselves, have a draw and two losses from their opening three fixtures and it shapes as a must-win clash to relieve the pressure on the coach and restore the team's belief.
One of the clear highlights from the hard-fought loss to the Storm was the performance of fullback Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.
Under-fire coming into the fixture, the world-class fullback delivered in his first game at Mt Smart Stadium in Warriors colours.
Tuivasa-Sheck topped many of the key stats for the home side. He led the number of runs (25), ran for an incredible 247m and made seven line-breaks in his best game so far.
Bodene Thompson, while he made some mistakes with ball in hand, was once again the best defender making a team-high 52 tackles.
There were many more tackle breaks made by the Warriors (27 to the Storm's 17), but McFadden will be circling the completion rate (74 per cent compared to the Storm's 90), penalties conceded (nine to seven) and errors (nine to four) as the big work-ons for this week.
It has been a long time coming but there is enough to suggest that the Warriors, even with their injuries, will get their first NRL win since July this weekend against the Knights.
If they can get through this difficult period early in the season, it will bode well for the rest of their campaign with a number of high-profile recruits to come back into the fold.
Warriors casualty ward: Thomas Leuluai (ACL, Round 5), Henare Wells (hamstring, Round 4), Ligi Sao (shoulder, indefinite), Ben Henry (knee, indefinite), Sam Lisone (shoulder, indefinite), Manu Vatuvei (ribs, indefinite), Issac Luke (leg, indefinite), Nathaniel Roache (ankle, indefinite).

Marquee signing hooker Issac Luke, who was a late withdrawal for the team's first home game after suffering a knee injury in training, is an indefinite absence at this stage.
A knee injury that will keep him out indefinitely, yet he warms up with the team and is seen walking around with full freedom of movement? This injury thing with Luke smells like kaka to me.

ToiletDuck

Administrator
Nah we'll win this game, a few barge over tries and it'll be 32-14 or something and the propaganda machine will tell us the first 3 rounds were just an anomaly. This game will be the anomaly. The Knights aren't a good side. Oh well, will watch and see what happens, though I'm expecting the same shite attacking plays and structures made to look good by an average opposition.

All the right noises coming out of Mt Smart but until we finish a season with a winning record it means nothing.
If we can't get to 3-3 it'll be lights out for 2016.
Must win and I don't care how or who plays.

I've pencilled in twenty five names.

Will narrow that down when I find my Dart board.
I hope you do better than the club has with finding coaches or recruiting players over the years. Usually the names on the dart board aren't very good.;)

Not expecting too much from the team naming this week. Mainly from how things have gone the previous weeks and due to injuries I'm struggling to see who they'll bring in. Seeing the list of injured players with indefinite next to them is a bit of a worry. Would love to have Lisone, Luke, Sao and TL available.

Status
Not open for further replies.