# Player Player #

Happy with the team named?

• Yes

• No

• Just win for a season high note

• Seasons over so who gives a shit!

Results are only viewable after voting.
'Cos he's a cu**!

So I bet you think Mr A McFadden is the second biggest cu** in the entire world, yeah?

And he's second biggest because he's a cu**.

This is how stupid i am i am already looking forward to next year what is it about being a warriors supporter that makes you think like that.Come on 2017

You been dancin with Mr Doyle, He's been knockin, he won't leave you alone no no nooooo He won't leave you alone...

I started with one season but one season wouldn't do it so the games just got more and more-re...

Second half of that interview seems to give the impression that he will be staying however there will be other changes in the making of the coaching structure.

For all the criticism he does seem to be a nice guy, and does genuinely seem to have a passion to better this club - whether that is working on the field is up for conjecture.
What's with the heavy breathing in the first 30secs of that clip....

• Haha
Reactions: Beastmode

1995Warriorsfan

Player Agent
Contributor
This just shows me the commitment Shaun Johnson has given to the team this year.

NRL: Shaun Johnson wrestling with injury ahead of dead rubber
10:51 AM Thursday Sep 1, 2016

Warriors halfback Shaun Johnson continues to be troubled by a quad strain but is determined to play in Sunday's dead rubber clash against Parramatta as they look to finish the year with a win after three straight defeats.

Johnson has struggled since injuring his right leg while kicking in the Warriors win over the Knights in Newcastle on June 11 and he was often unable to train with teammates in the lead-up to most of the side's last 10 games.

The round 18 bye allowed the 26-year-old some respite but despite a reduced workload the problem continued to hamper him and flared up badly following the recent loss to the Cowboys in Townsville.
He came close to sitting out several matches including last week's devastating loss to Wests Tigers that ended their finals hopes.

Johnson is hopeful of having a better preparation this week as they look to put an end to a three-game losing run and finish the year with a win at Mt Smart Stadium.
"Last week it was really bad," said Johnson.

"I was close to not playing but the physios did a great job, as they have done all year, in getting me ready for a game.

"It's feeling a bit better this week so hopefully I can actually train with the boys which would be nice.

"I'll be good to go this weekend."

The injury has mostly affected Johnson's ability to kick and also reduced his speed off the mark while he was also forced to hand the goal-kicking duties over to hooker Issac Luke and utility back Tui Lolohea.
SJ_kicks_WestsTigers.gif

Johnson has been troubled by a quad strain in his right leg since the Warriors round 14 win over Newcastle. Photo / Dean Purcell NZ Herald.
At times it appeared to limit his involvement and he came in for stinging criticism from former Australian captain Brad Fittler and ex-Warriors centre Brent Tate for not doing enough for his team.

But despite not being at his best the Kiwis international still managed to score brilliant solo tries to help secure wins over the Roosters, Titans, Panthers, and leading into the Cowboys clash led the competition in forced line dropouts.

After returning from a broken ankle that cruelly ended his 2015 season it is remarkable he is the only Warriors player to appear in all 24 games this season.

That comes as little consolation with his side missing the top eight for a fifth straight year but Johnson is confident he can return to full fitness ahead of the Kiwis Four Nations defence in November.

"I'll have enough time after the season to get that part right before we start thinking about the Kiwis," he said.

"I'm very happy with where I've come from and the progress I've made this year.

"I have mixed feelings about the whole situation. But to play all 24 games from where I was, I guess that is an achievement."

Johnson is frustrated that poor defence and individual lapses let the Warriors down to overshadow periods of consistent football they managed to string together.

"We leaked too many easy points and soft tries. At crucial times we make simple mistakes which lead to the outcomes that we've been having."

Johnson sits just eight points shy of beating Stacey Jones' club record of 674 points but says his priority this week is ensuring the side ends their campaign on a positive.

"I just want to go out and win a game and I don't care how many points I score to do it.
"Obviously this week it's important for us, we have to perform well so the eight points can wait."

Read more by David Skipwith Email David Skipwith

Not sure where to put this

NRL introduces captain’s challenge review system for round 26
3db0e2fd673f729ca8c29ad87928df99

THE NRL is set to trial captain’s challenge in round 26, with the system that has been in place in the under 20s given the green light.

The initiative will be used in Saturday’s match between St George Illawarra and Newcastle at Jubilee Oval as well as upcoming NYC finals.

The challenge system was brought in for the NYC competition in 2012 and has been used in that competition ever since.

Every game of Round 26 PLUS every Finals game in September LIVE & ad-break free during play on FOX SPORTS. Get FOXTEL today with no lock-in contract & 1st month free! FIND OUT MORE!

Using the same video review technology currently called upon at the discretion of the on-field referees when a try is scored, the captain’s challenge system allows the skipper of both teams to call for a review of any on-field call.

Under the rules used in the Holden Cup, the captain of each side gets one challenge per half.

It’s a system that has its supporters at NRL level, with former Broncos skipper Justin Hodges encouraging the NRL to bring it in at the start of last year.

“It works well in the NFL with the coach’s challenge and I have seen it work in the 20s in our game with the captain’s challenge,” Hodges said.

“I like it. It can only help the referees and us.

“Especially in semi-finals and grand finals when you are talking about decisions that can either win or lose you the game.

398fd6145ffede0ae546ae774f57bd3e

Referees will be kept on their toes by skippers during the captain’s challenge trial.
“It helps the referees. The challenge system gives them more time to get it right.”

While captain’s challenges would seem most useful in resolving decisions regarding tries, the challenges have also been used to review 50-50 calls, such as strips.

Under the trial rules, each captain will be allowed to challenge the referee’s decision in relation to tries only.

In the Dragons v Knights trial, the bunker will continue to be used for 40/20 rulings, goal line drop outs and 20 metre restarts, reportable foul play, double knock-on rulings and to determine which team touched the ball last before going over the touchline.

In the NYC Finals, the bunker will only be used to determine whether a challenge to a try scoring decision is valid.

The call to introduce captain’s challenge at the end of a season where it hasn’t previously been used, was made at today’s club CEOs conference, held at NRL House.

Manly coach Trent Barrett joins Nathan Ryan, Ben Glover and Matt Russell to discuss his rookie season as NRL coach, recruitment for 2017, the future of his veterans and the biggest challenges facing the club.

You can also subscribe via iTunes or for Android users, listen on the iPP Podcast Player app.

CEO Todd Greenberg said the NRL had been considering a captain’s challenge system for several years but did not previously have the technology to be confident the correct decision would be delivered.

“However, the bunker gives us the opportunity to trial the captain’s challenge with state of the art technology to help determine whether a try has been scored,” Greenberg said.

“We will assess the trial to determine if there is scope to use the captain’s challenge more widely in the future.”

Head of Football, Brian Canavan thanked the Dragons and Knights for agreeing to trial the captain’s challenge.

“This will give us a chance to evaluate the captain’s challenge in a live NRL game where teams are still playing for two competition points,” he said.

HOW THE TRIAL WILL WORK

- Can only be used to challenge a try or no-try ruling

- Captains will have 20 seconds following a try/no-try decision to challenge the decision.

- No replays either at normal speed or in slow motion, will be shown on a big screen at the ground until the time allowed for requesting of a captain’s challenge has elapsed.

- A captain may request a review of any try/point-scoring decision made by an on-field official in relation to: groundings, knock-ons, obstruction, double movement, offside, touchline/touch-in-goal/dead-in-goal, tackle in the air, steals involving two or more defenders, foul play, as well as goals and field goals.

- Captains will get one incorrect challenge per half - allowing for multiple challenges as long as the review overturns the on-field call.

Download the new FOX SPORTS App to get the latest news and scores from your NRL team.

Originally published as NRL to trial captain’s challenge

hmmmmmm cant see this being used much as its the bunker that gets calls wrong

rather see it used for general play like knock ons or the ball cacme off last etc

Reactions: Inruin
hmmmmmm cant see this being used much as its the bunker that gets calls wrong

rather see it used for general play like knock ons or the ball cacme off last etc

That's how it worked when they had it in the NYC. Was good at determining a strip or loose carry. Might suit us in that regard.

Reactions: Inruin

Jordan G

Captain's challenge is a disaster waiting to happen IMO.

How long until someone challenges, the bunker gets it wrong, the team loses their challenge and then another howler happens later in the half/game where they're unable to challenge it because the bunker got the first one wrong?

Their just adding another layer of complexity to a system that's already struggling under it's own weight when they should be looking at stripping it back.

I agree with Paul Kent on 360 last night, they need to get rid of the pocket referee which isn't doing the job it was designed to do when it was introduced back in 09' it really is overdue for a review. These additions have done little but bog the game down IMO.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Their just adding another layer of complexity to a system that's already struggling under it's own weight when they should be looking at stripping it back.
It also seems like a bit of an admittance by Todd Greenberg that his baby Bunker isnt working. Can he not just send Tony Archer to Rugby Union and see how they run their camps???

Reactions: 6 Again
It also seems like a bit of an admittance by Todd Greenberg that his baby Bunker isnt working. Can he not just send Tony Archer to Rugby Union and see how they run their camps???

Agree totally, don't get me started on referring the NRL it's a fuck'n basket case IMO. Part of the reason I enjoy watching the Test matches so much it how free flowing it is with the one referee.

I so dis-interested in this week's game, I'm recording the game while I go for a run, so I can come back and fast forward the match to only pause and watch the good bits, which lately has been listening to the final hooter going off!

I hope they lose...there I said it....

Reactions: Xfactor
I so dis-interested in this week's game, I'm recording the game while I go for a run, so I can come back and fast forward the match to only pause and watch the good bits, which lately has been listening to the final hooter going off!

I hope they lose...there I said it....
Me too mate.

This will be the 1st game in 11 years that I will not watch live. It's Fathers Day, why ruin it for my family by enduring another lame weak dumb display of football....or even worse...a win!

Seems unfair and illogical to put Ata on the Titanic just AFTER it hit the iceburg. Losing the season in front of your home crowd can't be good for the confidence of such a young hopeful talent

I just don't get McFaddens train of thought! The inconsistencies are bewildering! I'd bet that if every single player had the opportunity to voice their opinions about it, without any fear of reprisals, we'd most likely learn why this team constantly under-achieves.

I will defs be visiting the post-match thread before I bother to find the time to watch the recording.

Some very tough, unpopular decisions need to be made before the pre-season if we are any hope of changing our fortunes next year.

Reactions: tajhay
I was happy that Ata was playing last week but then was bamboozled by cappy putting him in at hooker wtf! Can understand if they put him back to reserves since he's been a big part of there success an they actually have finals footy to play. If he plays against the eels though all good he needs first grade experience cause I don't care what they've told tui Ata an Shaun Johnson be better than tui an Shaun Johnson next year. Unless we actually get foran but Ata is the future.

Me too mate.

This will be the 1st game in 11 years that I will not watch live. It's Fathers Day, why ruin it for my family by enduring another lame weak dumb display of football....or even worse...a win!

Seems unfair and illogical to put Ata on the Titanic just AFTER it hit the iceburg. Losing the season in front of your home crowd can't be good for the confidence of such a young hopeful talent

I just don't get McFaddens train of thought! The inconsistencies are bewildering! I'd bet that if every single player had the opportunity to voice their opinions about it, without any fear of reprisals, we'd most likely learn why this team constantly under-achieves.

I will defs be visiting the post-match thread before I bother to find the time to watch the recording.

Some very tough, unpopular decisions need to be made before the pre-season if we are any hope of changing our fortunes next year.
If he is in the halves next year its better to give him a taste of first grade now. Then he will know what to expect next year

Reactions: Xfactor
If he is in the halves next year its better to give him a taste of first grade now. Then he will know what to expect next year
Yeah I get that, but the toxic fumes coming off this team and the stench of failure would be counter-productive for him imo.

Remember Tevagas first couple of games? The kid gave us everything we had been missing from the rest of the team but eventually his superhuman efforts subsided when the reality of what he had became a part of set in.

I would love for Tommy to finish his time as a Warrior on a high note, but the reality is that with the team named, he'll probably go straight to Auckland Airport and get the 1st flight the hell out of there!

Ideally, the players responsible for yet another embarrassing season starring a comedy of errors, should be made to walk off that field tomorrow night and not the kids with stars in their eyes but regret in their stomachs.

Hingano looks like a natural with a sharp mind and a tactical eye, so I believe the pre-season should be enough time for him to gel with Johnson if he indeed is to pair with him next year. If the game, and the crowd, gets ugly tomorrow night Ata and Bunty shouldn't have to feel responsible for it. I really hope I'm wrong because I don't want us to again start a season with a string of losses prior to it.

Yeah I get that, but the toxic fumes coming off this team and the stench of failure would be counter-productive for him imo.

Remember Tevagas first couple of games? The kid gave us everything we had been missing from the rest of the team but eventually his superhuman efforts subsided when the reality of what he had became a part of set in.

I would love for Tommy to finish his time as a Warrior on a high note, but the reality is that with the team named, he'll probably go straight to Auckland Airport and get the 1st flight the hell out of there!

Ideally, the players responsible for yet another embarrassing season starring a comedy of errors, should be made to walk off that field tomorrow night and not the kids with stars in their eyes but regret in their stomachs.

Hingano looks like a natural with a sharp mind and a tactical eye, so I believe the pre-season should be enough time for him to gel with Johnson if he indeed is to pair with him next year. If the game, and the crowd, gets ugly tomorrow night Ata and Bunty shouldn't have to feel responsible for it. I really hope I'm wrong because I don't want us to again start a season with a string of losses prior to it.
That will say more about the fans than the players, if they turn up with the season over and expect the Warriors to play like a top 4 team then theyre idiots, theres more chance of a poor performance.

This team is just missing the right players in certain positions

That will say more about the fans than the players, if they turn up with the season over and expect the Warriors to play like a top 4 team then theyre idiots, theres more chance of a poor performance.

This team is just missing the right players in certain positions

I agree and why I backed the eels in my muti ....think it will go the same way as last season (and pre?) out on a bum note ... the fucktards