# Player Player #

Happy with the team named?

• Yes

• No

• Just win for a season high note

• Seasons over so who gives a shit!

Results are only viewable after voting.
In reality four out of the five are playing out of position:
Lolohea - not a fullback. He believes his best position is in the halves but the coaching team have no idea where to play him.
Wright - Is a winger but not in an NRL team.
Ayshford - Only one playing in 'normal' position
Fusitua - Has played centre in a few games but all of those have been at right centre, from memory. Ideally he's winger/fullback cover.
Maumalo - Not a winger. Didn't play there is under 20s, where he played second row. Can't fault his effort but is just not a winger.

I guess McFadden may as well pick a backline like this seeing as he has been doing it all year anyway. It doesn't make sense to me but I haven't coached a team to the bottom eight of the NRL for the last three years, so what would I know.

Makes me so frustrated since my career i played mostly wing but was told i was too small (Shaun Johnson height and build) plus i wasnt great with the ball so that ruled out centre and 6&7 for the pro ranks yet we have players that are big but offer nothing else!

Putting lolo back at FB is craziness you play him then slate him drop him bring him back to a different position then move him back to the position that got him so much negative feedback. Poor kid confidence must be all over the place

Reactions: Xfactor
Im reading a lot of bitching but with Manu and Kata injured can people name their centres, wings and fullback?

Fusitua is the only option at centre which means Loloheia has to play fullback, so then they have to find 2 wingers.
Check my post from before. Considering what we have available and the fact the NSW Cup team have final to play, they are the best five to pick. Its the positions the players are in I have a problem with.

Reactions: TheFullback
Check my post from before. Considering what we have available and the fact the NSW Cup team have final to play, they are the best five to pick. Its the positions the players are in I have a problem with.
Is putting Loloheia at centre going to be better for this team? thats debatable, he probably played centre less than any other position. Fusitua is the best centre, wing and fullback available.

Reactions: eric
Is putting Loloheia at centre going to be better for this team? thats debatable, he probably played centre less than any other position. Fusitua is the best centre, wing and fullback available.
Then put Wright at centre and leave Lolohea on the wing where he played quite well last week. Wright has played more centre than Lolohea which removes that concern.
You could argue that going into next year Lolohea playing centre (albeit for just one game) would actually benefit him. Considering that he is going to be playing 6 (according to the club) and has very little experience defending in the front line, giving him an opportunity to defend at centre may help him in the longer term.

Fusitua being our best fullback, centre and winger is largely irrelevant since he can only playing one position. And since he is the only fullback available he should be playing there IMO.

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Soooooo.........who's going to the game?

Warriors might get murked!
Wouldnt miss it for the world. Games are more than the Warriors for me. I go to see my Warriors family. People Ive been lucky to meet as a result of the team. Friends who share a common passion. Been lucky to meet some great people who are fans of the club and the game.

Last game is always the best for that...

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
So what Cappy is saying is that James Gavet is the only player that deserved to be drop after that utter load of shit we had to watch
The way I see it James Gavet has been promoted and is getting to enjoy NSW Cup Finals that he helped achieve. In about the only time a player will ever say it I think most would much rather play Reserve Grade. Never mind playing a dead rubber...

Then put Wright at centre and leave Lolohea on the wing where he played quite well last week. Wright has played more centre than Lolohea which removes that concern.
You could argue that going into next year Lolohea playing centre (albeit for just one game) would actually benefit him. Considering that he is going to be playing 6 (according to the club) and has very little experience defending in the front line, giving him an opportunity to defend at centre may help him in the longer term.

Fusitua being our best fullback, centre and winger is largely irrelevant since he can only playing one position. And since he is the only fullback available he should be playing there IMO.
.. and thats the point, any of these combinations is irrelevant, because the standard of the players isnt great.. and the Warriors dont have any other option. So playing the best centre available at centre or playing them at fullback because they are the best fullback really is a lottery because you weaken the other position.

They have decided they need Fusitua at centre, its hard to argue that decision when the Warriors edges are brittle.

..and on top of that Fusituas future is probably at centre when Roger Tuivasa-Sheck is back so he needs gametime there too

Reactions: eric
.. and thats the point, any of these combinations is irrelevant, because the standard of the players isnt great.. and the Warriors dont have any other option. So playing the best centre available at centre or playing them at fullback because they are the best fullback really is a lottery because you weaken the other position.

They have decided they need Fusitua at centre, its hard to argue that decision when the Warriors edges are brittle.
Firstly I didn't say Fusitua was the BEST fullback, I said he was the ONLY fullback i.e. the other option (Lolohea) has been tried and failed based on McFaddens selections in recent weeks.
Secondly, I find it hard to believe that a guy who has never played left centre in first grade is going to help with our brittle edge defense.
And finally its pretty easy to argue with anything McFadden does in relation to team selections given his track record this season.
I'm not having a go at you but I am quite frustrated with the continual chopping and changing of a team that struggles with consistency at the best of times. Particularly when the changes seem to have no long term plan or guidance.

Reactions: Beastmode
Firstly I didn't say Fusitua was the BEST fullback, I said he was the ONLY fullback i.e. the other option (Lolohea) has been tried and failed based on McFaddens selections in recent weeks.
Secondly, I find it hard to believe that a guy who has never played left centre in first grade is going to help with our brittle edge defense.
And finally its pretty easy to argue with anything McFadden does in relation to team selections given his track record this season.
I'm not having a go at you but I am quite frustrated with the continual chopping and changing of a team that struggles with consistency at the best of times. Particularly when the changes seem to have no long term plan or guidance.
Playing Fusitua at fullback isnt a long term plan

Neither is Lolohea. Irrelevant point.
Your the one arguing switching these player shows no long term planning, they arent going to be playing these positions long term anyway ffs.. maybe maybe Fusitua will play centre long term or wing

The only reason Fusitua and Loloheia have played fullback this year is because Roger Tuivasa-Sheck was injured. Then Loloheia got outplayed by Fusitua to take the position. I dont think Loloheia is a wing or centre or fullback.

It really has been a disaster this year, from when Roger Tuivasa-Sheck got injured, maybe even before his injury aswell because he couldnt make a tackle at the back which was worrying, thats bad signs for next year aswell

Last edited:
Reactions: Beastmode
lol I'm getting ript on. For the record, I'm not a cappy fan. All I'm saying is - this lineup is the best AVAILABLE.

Everyone rips into the lineup but no one can suggest any suitable replacements?

I think your missing the point , We had our best off season signings eva ,, An here we are at the
First week of finals and it's over , Stand aside an let the nice fans through with their pitchforks
An torches​

Your the one arguing switching these player shows no long term planning, they arent going to be playing these positions long term anyway ffs.. maybe maybe Fusitua will play centre long term or wing
I agree
While I agree that Fusitua will play centre or wing long term, I suspect that it will be (or at least) should be on the right side due to his strong right arm carry and the fact that Kata seems to have locked up left centre.
Personally I don't see Lolohea as a half, at least alongside Johnson in this team, and therefore see him as a centre/wing but with a skill set that more closely resembles a centre. The fact that I mentioned Lolohea as a half earlier is because of what the club has said regarding his future, which I don't necessarily agree with.
My overall point is there has been unnecessary shuffling of the backline since Roger Tuivasa-Sheck got injured which I don't think has helped cohesion of the backline and has been largely aimless. If you're fine with that then all good.