Team List NRL 2016 Round 21 - Warriors vs Panthers TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Has Cappy finally come to his senses re the bench?

• Yes

• Its OK

• No

• Sack him now

• Nothing was wrong with his selections to begin with

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordan G

If he plays .. and we win by (I think 9+) were in the 8 .. even after monday night .... NO PANIC PEOPLE ..And if he plays ,I am confident of that result

5 point win will be enough. We're playing the Panthers so whatever our F/A goes up by theirs goes down by and they're only ahead by 8. Unless of course Wests beat the Eels by 70 odd, then it's a whole different story.

5 point win will be enough. We're playing the Panthers so whatever our F/A goes up by theirs goes down by and they're only ahead by 8. Unless of course Wests beat the Eels by 70 odd, then it's a whole different story.

If Farrar isn't playing for the tigpies it could happen

Just as an aside;

How many games has Manu actually finished this season?

I swear he's come off early in at least 5-6, to say nothing of his extended injury and disciplinary forced layoffs.

Half the reason we're carrying Blake on the bench must surely be because they know full well that Manu can barely last a game at the moment...

Reactions: bruce and eudebrito
Next year, given our backline, I think we need to re-think how we use our props and forwards. Crash and bash with a big prop used to be our biggest need. I'm beginning to think differently. We need very mobile, fast Play The Ball, good offloads for our props and forwards. Don't know where we get them, but we need to be highly mobile. I'm thinking of the US when they decided they need a fast, mobile military instead of outdated military tanks that have trouble maneuvering. Who are these props and forwards? Don't know, but we need to change our personnel to complement our spine.

So you're saying we need more backs in the forward pack, and more forwards in the backline?...interesting.

You may have a future as a warriors coach.

So you're saying we need more backs in the forward pack, and more forwards in the backline?...interesting.

You may have a future as a warriors coach.
Nope, you're saying that. I'm saying we need to have forwards who can play a quick play of the ball and offload, not bashers and crashers like the Dogs have. We just don't have the forwards who can do it, and it doesn't fit our team culture anyway. Cappy has us doing the crashers and bashers, and it hasn't worked. Playing expansive works, as it did in the last quarter against the Raiders.

Nope, you're saying that. I'm saying we need to have forwards who can play a quick play of the ball and offload, not bashers and crashers like the Dogs have. We just don't have the forwards who can do it, and it doesn't fit our team culture anyway. Cappy has us doing the crashers and bashers, and it hasn't worked. Playing expansive works, as it did in the last quarter against the Raiders.

I know what you're saying, but the dogs have a few forwards who aren't just bashers and crashers... Graham, Tolman, Eastwood all have great play-the-ball speed. Eastwood has that late footwork at the line and can make half gaps and offload, or make a half-gap for himself and get the quick play the ball. Eastwood, Graham, Kasiano can all pass before the line too. Remember they were the ones who were using their forwards as additional playmakers to give Reynolds room.

Reactions: bruce
I know what you're saying, but the dogs have a few forwards who aren't just bashers and crashers... Graham, Tolman, Eastwood all have great play-the-ball speed. Eastwood has that late footwork at the line and can make half gaps and offload, or make a half-gap for himself and get the quick play the ball. Eastwood, Graham, Kasiano can all pass before the line too. Remember they were the ones who were using their forwards as additional playmakers to give Reynolds room.
Which confirms my point. So maybe the Dogs play the type of style I advocate. We need to re-think how props are played for the Warriors. Effective tacklers, quick play of the ball, and offloads. I'm not sure we even need "props." How many metres and tackles do they make compared to the back rowers? We need to revolutionize how we play. And with our spine next year, we can do it. Of course, they could mean getting rid of Cappy for the Walker boyz...

Ayshford and Gubb were on Radio Sport. Don't know about Hoffman. Anyway, Ayshford didn't say anything about an injury. I suspect that, from the stuff article, Manu will not play due to a knee injury, Fusitua goes to wing and Ayshford to centre, with Afoa getting a bench spot with Bodene starting.

Last edited:
Ayshford and Gubb were on Radio Sport. Don't know about Hoffman. Anyway, Ayshford didn't say anything about an injury. I suspect that, from the stuff article, Manu will not play due to a knee injury, Fusitua goes to wing and Ayshford to centre, with Afoa getting a bench spot.

Hoff was on this morning and mentioned Blake had been struggling with a back complaint. Slip of the tongue maybe?

Some sides like the Storm/Broncos are expert at holding a player up and wrestling him onto his back, on those occasions a quick PTB is not always an option.

To me we lack power and the simple physics of Newtons second law, power = mass x acceleration in short we lack mass particularly from the bench.

It's not the sides with the smallest packs in the competition that ocupy the top 4.

Some sides like the Storm/Broncos are expert at holding a player up and wrestling him onto his back, on those occasions a quick PTB is not always an option.

To me we lack power and the simple physics of Newtons second law, power = mass x acceleration in short we lack mass particularly from the bench.

It's not the sides with the smallest packs in the competition that ocupy the top 4.
Right, so I'm suggesting something revolutionary and different. Our team is not built for crash and bash. Let's do it a different way, a way that is loads of fun and effective. The current way isn't working. So let's put in very mobile forwards, not necessarily props, who can tackle, fast PTB, and offload. And we need to be super fit.

Right, so I'm suggesting something revolutionary and different. Our team is not built for crash and bash. Let's do it a different way, a way that is loads of fun and effective. The current way isn't working. So let's put in very mobile forwards, not necessarily props, who can tackle, fast PTB, and offload. And we need to be super fit.

I dunno if it's that revolutionary bud, we see Wayne Bennett employ mobile forwards in McGuire, Blair and Parker who fit your criteria perfectly and play an up tempo style, when our boys try to play too up tempo all we create is errors.

The big bodied forwards I believe suit our style of play better, as someone else mentioned on another thread imagine our spine behind the Raiders pack.

bruce

Contributor
Technique has a lot to do with it. not just size.

Reactions: diehard
I'd hate to think all these backs in the interchange are cover for Shaun. I'm guessing that could be the only reason due to his injury. But that would be a stupid reason for it. Would rather full forward rotation without Shaun playing instead of a half pie Shaun and half pie forward rotation

Status
Not open for further replies.