General NRL 2016 Round 20 - General Discussion

Which to games are you most looking forward to?

• Cowboys vs Bulldogs

• Broncos vs Panthers

• Raiders vs Warriors

• Titans vs Eels

• Storm vs Roosters

• Sharks vs Knights

• Dragons vs Tigers

• Rabbitohs vs Manly

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thought Marshall been quite poor in this tigers game - have to say hats off to Jason Nightingale, chased down Tedesco and text book tackle round the legs to stop him short of the line, and Tedesco aint slow. Dragons look a tad awful just quietly, except Frizzell n Nightingale. :rolleyes:

Reactions: bruce
Some pretty hard task masters on this site bemoaning the fact that the Sharkies beat us.

With playmaker James Maloney missing on Sunday, Barba was brilliant in helping the Sharks to their 15th straight win - an eight-tries-to-one rout which saw them retain top spot on the NRL ladder.

I know they were only playing the Knights but the Sharks were great to watch yesterday. They have come along way from the rabble they were a few years ago and they used to be like watching paint dry.

They have been good to watch this year. I know insert improved peptides joke here.;)

Watching Manly v Rabbits, the young fella Tom Trbojevic is such a talent and has got a good set of wheels on him, just glides when he runs and his brother Jake? go's well too. The Souths winger Joe Burgess needs to go back to the UK quick, pretty sure he was the guy that the Roosters had big wraps on but couldn't make the first team so went to souths or the rest of the year.

bruce

Contributor
The Souths winger Joe Burgess needs to go back to the UK quick
He is going back to Wigan in September. I think the days of the Pom superstars are over. If they are any good UK yawnion signs them for more money and free elocution lessons.
Did you notice Le Chad steering the ship, directing play and never messed his hair up? :rolleyes:
That is good news for us depending on your point of view. It either means that Cappy is a very good developer of halves or else he is so useless that it took a decent coach to get him into form. I go for the former.

He is going back to Wigan in September. I think the days of the Pom superstars are over. If they are any good UK yawnion signs them for more money and free elocution lessons.
Yeah, i knew he was going back to Wigan - kind of a tongue in cheek comment..........................:p:p:p

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Bunker strikes again. Shocking!!

It’s a bit annoying how it’s the “bunker” which is wrong, bunker set up is all good, it’s the video refs and whoever is in their ear who are worse than ever.

They might need to go back to tryscorer benefit of the doubt, unless its CLEARLY not a try, give it. No more guessing from the ref.

Union uses overly pedantic language “it is not clear and obvious that player x knocked on, therefore you can award the try” but it gets the point across.

The only problem is the held up ones where someones body is blocking the camera, there it won’t be clear (or obvious) than someone has scored or not scored, if you can’t see the ball on the ground, then bad luck.

It can’t be that hard.

Reactions: Freddie Futler
and now we have allowed the Tigers and the Sea Eagles a faint sniff of the finals, we shall see who can motivate themselves to rise to the challenge.

Recent history has shown us that the Warriors will crumble under the weight of expectation.

Several months ago we were likely wooden spoon contenders, but then managed to find some focus to battle back into the 8 only to slip back out...and then back in...and then back out!

This will be Cappys biggest test, and considering his job (and future prospects) is on the line, he had bloody well better come up with a pass mark!

Reactions: tajhay