Team List NRL 2016 Round 19 - Manly vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Are you happy with the team travelling all the way to Perth?

• Yes

• Dont care

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
If true, don’t know if I’d want Mannering on the right side, he just doesn’t look like the same player on the edge. Maybe for 20 minutes then put him back in the middle.

11. Hoffman
12. Mannering (temporarily)
13. Lisone (gubbs brand of footy is best coming off the bench)

14. Afoa (goes to the right when Mannering goes to the middle)
15. Gubb (prop)
16. Gavet (prop)
17. Tevaga finishes the game at lock, mannering goes back to the edge (sorry tui, no room for backs on the bench when you lose 80 minute forward and can’t replace like for like)

Pretty makeshift. 2 power wings starts to look a bit more important.

2 starting props will need to have big games.

If true, don’t know if I’d want Mannering on the right side, he just doesn’t look like the same player on the edge. Maybe for 20 minutes then put him back in the middle.

11. Hoffman
12. Mannering (temporarily)
13. Lisone (gubbs brand of footy is best coming off the bench)

14. Afoa (goes to the right when Mannering goes to the middle)
15. Gubb (prop)
16. Gavet (prop)
17. Tevaga finishes the game at lock, mannering goes back to the edge (sorry tui, no room for backs on the bench when you lose 80 minute forward and can’t replace like for like)

Pretty makeshift. 2 power wings starts to look a bit more important.

2 starting props will need to have big games.
what was the source of Bodene being confirmed out please? Can't find anything confirming it?

Hmmm... Full strength I think we just about nab this one against our ultimate bogey team.

With Albert, Bodene AND Jake out - our three best forwards (aside from Simon) this year... I don't give us much of a chance at all. We really needed every thing to go our way for this one and it looks as though the planets are aligning against us on this one.

I hope their injuries are all 1 round worthy only... We need those guys back asap. The difference that Thompson makes to SJs play making options is unreal, that right edge is going to be seriously blunted and without Shaun Johnson firing, we ain't got much chance.

Oh well, be a win for the ages if the boys can pull this one out.

"McFadden named an extended bench for the trip with utility Tuimoala Lolohea joined by middle forwards Sam Lisone, Bunty Afoa, Charlie Gubb and James Gavet.
Utility Jazz Tevaga, who has made six NRL appearances so far this season, was added to the travelling squad."

For arguments sake, lets say Lisone takes Lillymans spot and Afoa takes Thompson's spot, that makes our bench Tui, Gubb, Gavet and Tevaga....

FUUUARRK

Jazz to lock, Gubb to starting prop. Gavet to bench .

I'd obviously start Matulino now where as before these latest injuries I would've had him off the bench where he's been able to have a real impact on the game but we need his experience up front and extra minutes, I'd have Lisone starting along side him, he provides a bit more go forward than Gubb particularly when he runs in that wider channel and keeps his body shape low into contact.

Gavet and Bunty off the bench for prop rotation.

Gubb with a bit more size to start at lock with Jazz off the bench as his replacement.

Given the resources that sort of makes sense to me but what Cappy decides to do is anyone's guess, Jono Wright could just as easily end up on the bench.

edit:

According to this latest article Bunty could get a bit of time in the Back row so I guess that means He'll be sharing duties with Jazz and Gubb will play Prop.

Good piece on Bunty by the way, he sounds like a really good kid, his folks should be proud.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=11675311

Last edited:
I'm getting kinda nervous about this game now.

This SHOULD be a game that we put 20+ points on them.

I gotta feeling that this may come down to the wire. Hope I'm wrong...

Jordan G

Why should it be a game we put 20+ points on them? What have we done against Manly, in Perth, or on a week to week basis that deserves that sort of credit?

It's a game we should find a way to win if we're serious about finals football, but 20+ scores only happen when the oppositions attitude is horrible, and for all their faults, Manly generally still come with a decent attitude most weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

JoeyJohns

Cheers for that bro.
In my heart I carry the same sentiments.I actually really like our line up coz the way I see it, Manly fire up against us....and the the ole saying about fire versus fire equates with the selections cappy has gone for in the absence of a couple of forward options and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

Gavet can be a firey player, so is Gubb.....while many fear having those two on the bench...I actually think that the platform that our big backs will lay will set those two loose.

Gavet and Gubb to have the game of their lives = Warriors Trojan horse stomping of Manly's rough house tactics.

Maybe it is time to hit the panic button Dave, haha. I forgot to factor in Cappy's rotation tactics..... FML! These games won't get any easier. Atleast they're trying unlike the previous seasons where we just capitulated at this stage of the comp with no heart. It's gonna be another long six weeks :/

Reactions: Sup42
Status
Not open for further replies.