Team List NRL 2016 Round 19 - Manly vs Warriors TEAM LIST

Game Information

01 Jan 1970 12:00PM

# Player Player #

Are you happy with the team travelling all the way to Perth?

• Yes

• Dont care

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
eric

eric

A 3 year extension? Mind you he isn't on much so it is probably good value. He is a known quantity.

Was kidding mate haha. Hopefully the only contract he signs this year is for his day job in Sydney.

JoeyJohns

Imagine had that Blight called Hurrell been available and in good shape.....he'd send Tui for reserve grade in the name of the *physical* contest Cappy has benched him for.

Thank fook that clown has been sacked.

He was only ever good for a bunch of games a season (outstanding Perth record Bowling Greg Inglis included) we don't need Clowns that Bludge half a million dollars In a City that is hosting homeless rally's.....for the privelege of low fiving certain snr Warriors for dropping balls at training.

Things are looking up since we sacked the Chauffeur... the sober driver....wot a cu** that guy was.

Point being Fusitua, Tui, Maumalo, and Kata, used to que up behind fatso for a turn at Fg.

God bless u Cappy and your KPI's, no more banking on Narcissistic Selfie loving snap chat class Clowns.

GO THE NEW WARRIORS!

Dave I'm not questioning your loyalty but gee you can talk some shit. Stop living in the past. Even your rant about Manly this, Many that, if we do this and that.... zzzzz! You sure your name ain't Justin Marshall ? He spins enough shit on the commentary for fagby.

Leave Konrad alone, that's old news & don't worry, we got this. If we don't it ain't time to panic yet (like we were just a few months back) because with these remaining games the boys are bound to trip up sooner or later but hopefully not too much that they miss the 8.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Sup42

Sup42

Dave I'm not questioning your loyalty but gee you can talk some shit. Stop living in the past. Even your rant about Manly this, Many that, if we do this and that.... zzzzz! You sure your name ain't Justin Marshall ? He spins enough shit on the commentary for fagby.

Leave Konrad alone, that's old news & don't worry, we got this. If we don't it ain't time to panic yet (like we were just a few months back) because with these remaining games the boys are bound to trip up sooner or later but hopefully not too much that they miss the 8.

Rather focus on my rants why not post your own thoughts of why they are wrong (that is the idea of the rants not having a go at you bro).

Why do you recon we got this ?

JoeyJohns

Rather focus on my rants why not post your own thoughts of why they are wrong (that is the idea of the rants not having a go at you bro).

Why do you recon we got this ?

Me neither bro, apologies!... haha. I know one of the guys and despite all the dumb shit he did outside of the club he was still a good person. Unfortunately those traits ain't mentioned and nor they should be (until they write a book). We've all come across his type in our lives and it's a shame to see that talent go to waste. So from a personal perspective reading the negative comments about him was justified at the time (which was almost 2 months ago), you reap what you sow, but to read them now. I like to think we're past that.

As for the game, it's just a hunch. The Sea Eagles are not the team they were in the past. They had a win against the Dragons before the bye but prior to that a 7 game losing streak. During their streak the Warriors seemed to have learnt a lot about themselves. The recent results reflect that. As for Perth being a hoodoo, I believe that the conditions helped the local teams in the past but for Saturday's clash it shouldn't be a factor.

Knock on wood.

Reactions: 4 users
Sup42

Sup42

Me neither bro, apologies!... haha. I know one of the guys and despite all the dumb shit he did outside of the club he was still a good person. Unfortunately those traits ain't mentioned and nor they should be (until they write a book). We've all come across his type in our lives and it's a shame to see that talent go to waste. So from a personal perspective reading the negative comments about him was justified at the time (which was almost 2 months ago), you reap what you sow, but to read them now. I like to think we're past that.

As for the game, it's just a hunch. The Sea Eagles are not the team they were in the past. They had a win against the Dragons before the bye but prior to that a 7 game losing streak. During their streak the Warriors seemed to have learnt a lot about themselves. The recent results reflect that. As for Perth being a hoodoo, I believe that the conditions helped the local teams in the past but for Saturday's clash it shouldn't be a factor.

Knock on wood.
Cheers for that bro.
In my heart I carry the same sentiments.I actually really like our line up coz the way I see it, Manly fire up against us....and the the ole saying about fire versus fire equates with the selections cappy has gone for in the absence of a couple of forward options and Roger Tuivasa-Sheck.

Gavet can be a firey player, so is Gubb.....while many fear having those two on the bench...I actually think that the platform that our big backs will lay will set those two loose.

Gavet and Gubb to have the game of their lives = Warriors Trojan horse stomping of Manly's rough house tactics.

Reactions: 1 user
hoolioh

hoolioh

I like the mix of power an finesse in the backs. Fusitua needs to be ready to cover our big battleships when manly try to turn them round. Can't wait for this game time for manly to be bullied by us.

Sup42

Sup42

I like the mix of power an finesse in the backs. Fusitua needs to be ready to cover our big battleships when manly try to turn them round. Can't wait for this game time for manly to be bullied by us.
(My heart not head) sees the game exactly like your call.

If those back three all fire (In other words if they individually realise how they could actually fuck up the other fifteen teams) then we would waltz into the finals.

JoeyJohns

If those back three all fire (In other words if they individually realise how they could actually fuck up the other fifteen teams) then we would waltz into the finals.

Now that I like Dave. Those three (despite Ken and Manu's lack of ability to turn and chase) like you say can fcuk shit up for all opposition. Wishful thinking on a consistent/weekly basis but one can dream :)
On the plus side, Ken and Fusitua are still developing. Manu is an old dog but hopefully he finds form quickly to take him through the remainder of the season.

hoolioh

hoolioh

We haven't followed this team for 20 odd years listening to our heads. WARRIORS FAT!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Generally Little

Generally Little

Just an idea... Seeing as we always lose in Perth for many reasons. Such as, the travel distance, the time the game is played, the temperature and ovulation cycles...
The team just had two weeks off for the bye and could have traveled sooner. It would have been a good opportunity to adjust to the time zone, the climate and synchronize their cycles... There would be no excuses if we played bad then.

But hopefully we can break the Perth hoodoo anyway.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
The team just had two weeks off for the bye and could have traveled sooner.
Think of the Children

• Haha
snake77

snake77

They are thinking of the children. They aren't playing past their bed time this year.;)

• Haha
Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

Bookies have Warriors as favourites for Saturday.

Screen Shot 2016 07 14 at 122751 pm

• Haha
Sup42

Sup42

Just an idea... Seeing as we always lose in Perth for many reasons. Such as, the travel distance, the time the game is played, the temperature and ovulation cycles...
The team just had two weeks off for the bye and could have traveled sooner. It would have been a good opportunity to adjust to the time zone, the climate and synchronize their cycles... There would be no excuses if we played bad then.

You left out Mercury's alignment with Venus....and the Prince that was promised (game of thrones reference about prophecy for those who don't watch the show).

Had a good laugh reading that post.

There are so many excuses.

The Warriors asked the breakers about travel. Matt Elliot specifically asked them about a Perth trip.

I played basketball in College, we won the Auckland comp against powerhouse schools ( the Grammar's) Kings, Keltston, Westlake, St Kent's, and my school was a small colledge no ones heard of.

Preparation for Basketball, and Rugby league play is like comparing what your Missus wants to wear on a girls night out to a full set of battle gear.

Scientifically the way Warriors look at independent variables makes a logical brain want to scream.

If you threw all variables into a formula of Warrior maths X= 0 + y = 0 x 20 years = other teams that tackle well have < % than the attacking Only Try's they can score in cold weather close to home Warriors.

Philosophicaly the Warriors are all wrong.

' Confusious say unstructured inconsistent worker who have ten bosses by lunch time, really learn very little about the obvious'

Last edited:
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

Lyon will be in the Refs' ears minute 1-80. Hoffman needs to counter.

As soon as the Warriors have field position I want to see them hammer someone. Not dirty, but I can accept a penalty.

They will try and turn our Wings, the best counter is pressure on the kicker, read 2nd paragraph, make them aware the chasers are coming.

Completing sets (80%) and field position vital, along with precise defence.

I will be furious if our forwards slack off and let the Wings do the work, they need to add to it.

Summed up, controlled aggression for 80 minutes. Manly WILL try and bully them. Don't let it happen.

Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

I am over this Perth thing, from memory they are playing on a footy field much like any other. Both teams are away from home. Anything else is just potential excuses.

Sup42

Sup42

Good point about the battle for the Refs ear, Hoffman should remember the crowd will be booing Manly while cheering the Warriors.

Jordan G

o_O

There comes a time when a team bonding crosses a line, and this may be where that line is.

Warriors by 10!

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
warriors_ballboy

warriors_ballboy

Jazz has travelled with the team and has replaced Bunty on the bench.

Wright has flown over as well with Ken possible being in dobut this weekend.

Dunedin warrior

I'm looking forward to this game. Manly have been very average this year but they are a bit of a bogey team for us and it's going to be a good test of how well we are going. A good win this weekend and I will start to get excited about this team. We have shown some promise over the last month and hopefully it all clicks on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.