General NRL 2016 Round 17 - General Discussion

Which two games are you most looking forward to watching?

• Roosters vs Bulldogs

• Broncos vs Storm

• Warriors vs Titans

• Tigers vs Panthers

• Sharks vs Eels

• Raiders vs Knights

• Rabbitohs vs Cowboys

• Manly vs Dragons

Results are only viewable after voting.
Never been a fan of Ricky Stuart as a coach, but it's very cool that he gets amongst it on the sidelines.
Not many do that these days, if any, so it's always good value seeing him down there jumping around showing his emotion. Good stuff.

Reactions: bruce and eudebrito

bruce

Contributor
Never been a fan of Ricky Stuart as a coach, but it's very cool that he gets amongst it on the sidelines.
Not many do that these days, if any, so it's always good value seeing him down there jumping around showing his emotion. Good stuff.
He is always good value, especially as a player, he never gave up. Watch this clip:

Reactions: snake77 and Trugoy
I do. Went from zero to hero. I have watched that clip many times over purely to see Ettingshausen in full flight. The other one was the kiwis vs Aussies when McCracken scored in the corner. Ettingshausen coming across was one of the best defensive plays that didn't come off I have ever seen. Absolute flyer and why I ended up choosing league over Union.
Man love for sure.

He is always good value, especially as a player, he never gave up. Watch this clip:
Probably one of the best tries in either league or union when you consider the time of the match it was scored, the score line and they were down in the series and would have lost the Ashes if they lost that game.

He was probably telling his team yesterday I know how you feel.

Reactions: Trugoy
On behalf of the Warriors - you are doing a great job Manly. Keep it up:)
But please go back your normal level for 2016 in two weeks.:) After that you can beat anyone you like.

We get the 2 points for the bye next and the Raiders have a tough assignment against the Cowboys; albeit at home. That could get us up another spot before we head to Perth. The Panthers also play the Sharks so we could open up a 2 point gap over them whereas at the moment we are both on 18 but we have a better points differential.

The last couple of years a lot of game fell our way but we didn't take care of our results. Hopefully this years run home plays out differently.

Reactions: mt.wellington
But please go back your normal level for 2016 in two weeks.:) After that you can beat anyone you like.

We get the 2 points for the bye next and the Raiders have a tough assignment against the Cowboys; albeit at home. That could get us up another spot before we head to Perth. The Panthers also play the Sharks so we could open up a 2 point gap over them whereas at the moment we are both on 18 but we have a better points differential.

The last couple of years a lot of game fell our way but we didn't take care of our results. Hopefully this years run home plays out differently.

Eels also need to drop 12 points at some point and it would be great if they can keep winning. We play them at Mt Smart last game of the season and hopefully by then they will have given up trying and started thinking about next year.

Jordan G

Raiders are 3 points ahead of us and face the Cowboys without Tamou, Scott, Cooper, Thurston, Morgan, O'Neil.

Sharks are without Gallen, Fafita, Graham, Maloney, Bird while the Panthers are missing Mansour.

I think it's far more likely that both the Raiders and Panthers win with the Panthers doing enough to overtake us again on F/A.

We'll be 9th at the end of this round, technically 8th once the Eels have thier points officially removed, unless there's a couple of big upsets.

gREVUS

Long live the Rainbows and Butterflies
Contributor
So happy that the Origin period is almost over and we can finally get an indication of where the warriors will be at the end. Also these games with half their teams missing are like someone elses grandma, something that you can look at, but not something you want in the house.

Reactions: danyooll