• Bench is weak

• No

• Terrible!

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rugged

rugged

He made a mistake picking roache over jazz. Roache deserves a spell after playing big minutes last week and a short turnaround. Also with the muss backing up from origin we could have used the extra physicality (all be it in a small package) that Tevaga brings

Reactions: 1 users
ToiletDuck

ToiletDuck

Administrator
We are going to get absolutely smashed.

I think people forget how a lot of big wins actually happen, they often don't come about with a side tearing out of the blocks and putting 20+ points on in the first 20 mins, they involve 1 side completely shutting the other out in the first 40 then running away with it once the game is over. I see this happening here, the Sharks will get a couple of tries inside the first 20 and our attacking sets will fizzle out at the other end, and the halftime score of 18-4 will turn into 46-4 by end of the match. It'll come down to defence, and we will simply won't be able to match theirs, and once we know that then watch the flood gates open.

Reactions: 4 users
Tragic

Tragic

I would have matulino starting ahead of Jacob, I think he earned a start and is able to give us big minutes. maybe the thinking is that Jacob gets 20 minutes early then the last 20 as well be fatigued after wrapping up origin.

not sure how gubb gets a run over sipley, gubb had his best game in a while but sipley gives do much more impact and go forward, we are up against a tougher pack than last week and we will need all that and more,

we can win this, tough match to bring Ata in so hope TL makes it.

will be interesting to see if they watched roosters game and saw weakness in maumalo at wing and look to take advantage of that. I think he will go alright though, no worse than manu in defence

Sup42

Sup42

I think people forget how a lot of big wins actually happen, they often don't come about with a side tearing out of the blocks and putting 20+ points on in the first 20 mins, they involve 1 side completely shutting the other out in the first 40 then running away with it once the game is over. I see this happening here, the Sharks will get a couple of tries inside the first 20 and our attacking sets will fizzle out at the other end, and the halftime score of 18-4 will turn into 46-4 by end of the match. It'll come down to defence, and we will simply won't be able to match theirs, and once we know that then watch the flood gates open.
I got us with our improved attitude as going into half time chasing the Sharks 12 -4

Second half we lift as a team and play with everything we have seeing thr Sharks restricted to only one try in forty minutes...thus stringing along the dream in the ensuing weeks right up until a one game short fall from the eight in September.

Coz that about matches the peaks and troughs of these players who ultimately need firing that have populated the team sheet through the saddest four years.....that's how the bro's roll....at best they are almost...and also ran thinkers.

Makasene

Makasene

Actually I'm not sure bro, he scored that killer intercept try against the Cowboys down the right hand side.
But he might have been playing centre..
lol fark I dont know, but yeah either way Kens got a big challenge in his hands.

Holmes is definitely on the right... vs Maumalo.

In a perfect world, Maumalo will get a big hit up against him early, let him know he's there.

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Too much blowing of Cronulla around here, they are a very good team, but that doesn't mean a thrashing, 30+ margins generally happen if you are hopelessly outclassed (knights most weeks) or don't turn up / give up on the match (a warrior speciality) the calendar still says June, the Warriors will have a dig.

Sharks 12 and under.

Reactions: 3 users
Trugoy

Trugoy

I hope our club go into this realising they are playing the Monster.

Hard bro, but that monster is a shark. And sure, nobody fucks with his big scary ass in the sea, cause he'll eat you up. No contest.
But that toothy mutha fucka ain't shit on the land bro. And we are Warriors...of the land bro. The land I say!
So :finger: to that monster and all his water breathing buddy's!
We got this. :shy:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Exactly.
If we win you know wot to expect next week.
I'm highly superstitious.
The longer the form runs the worse the catastrophising will become.

One thing I promise not to do....
Is that if the Sharks do win *fuck it all* I promise not to act like some farkem oracle or expert on prediction.

I hope we stab these bastards in the back somehow.

They are awesome.

Credit due....that part rings true.
Jokes aside this will be our first real test since the woeful Storm game. Only those with the most unwavering optimism would go into this game full of beans. Fact is the Sharks are the form team this year to date and their 10 game streak is proof enough of that.

Their forward pack always been stacked by they have never had that pack in front of that spine before. Im a huge fan of James Maloney and believe he's been the main catalyst for change at the Shire. The Sharks were beginning to get a roll on with Michael Ennis last season but the acquisition of Maloney, the new found form of Barba and the return of Townsend has given the Sharks the extra punch they needed to become real contenders. Theyve been hovering there or there abouts for a few years but havent had the General to run the show since Carney pissed in his own mouth.

Worried about this game. The defence we had against the Roosters was good but wont be good enough against the Sharks. If they had issues with JWH it wont get any easier against Fifita, Graham, Gallen, Tagatese, etc. Even Jayson Bukuya plays better 2nd phase than our own 2nd rowers.

What will be interesting is how the boys respond. Will they try their guts out for the full 80 or will they sulk if the Sharks start running away with it. One way or another we'll see whether the team has indeed tuned a corner or been boosted by some unsustainable dutch courage.

Looking forward to this test...

Reactions: 7 users
mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler

Glad you havent changed your tune from the last two wrong predictions either. We might just win this game now...

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Swanley

Swanley

Jokes aside this will be our first real test since the woeful Storm game. Only those with the most unwavering optimism would go into this game full of beans. Fact is the Sharks are the form team this year to date and their 10 game streak is proof enough of that.

What will be interesting is how the boys respond. Will they try their guts out for the full 80 or will they sulk if the Sharks start running away with it. One way or another we'll see whether the team has indeed tuned a corner or been boosted by some unsustainable dutch courage.

Looking forward to this test...
This is the most important match of our season......

Get pumped and might as well start planning having September off.

Lose a close one with everyone putting in an effort, there is hope.

Win - can't see it.

My only concern is that Johnson is more injured than is letting on and it showed last week when he tried to run in space and couldn't. This again could or will be our downfall.

Reactions: 2 users
Gizzyfan

Gizzyfan

To be the best you have to beat the best. They are a good side but hardly without weakness.

Maloney is poor defensively, Gallen tends to ball hog. Fifita can be a penalty magnet.

Warriors can do well if they concentrate on the basics, both sides of the ball and for 80 minutes.

I can accept a loss at any time as long as they have a dig.

I suppose TL will have Psychometric tests during the week. I don't know what use they will be with those eyes.

I reckon if he is out the key will be whether Manu plays. I don't think Cappy will risk Maumalo and Hingano in the same backline at Shark Park.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Sup42

Sup42

Hard bro, but that monster is a shark. And sure, nobody fucks with his big scary ass in the sea, cause he'll eat you up. No contest.
But that toothy mutha fucka ain't shit on the land bro. And we are Warriors...of the land bro. The land I say!
So :finger: to that monster and all his water breathing buddy's!
We got this. :shy:
In the time of the Maori for some the trial of Manhood involved leaping from a Waka and ensnaring the Mako shark , man versus shark. Fuckers had balls.
.Mako is the only global Maori word.
.Notice they weren't stupid enough to try it on the White Sharks

Last edited:
unclesteve

unclesteve

Agree that man for man we look ok across the park. But some things are going to have to go our way. If either Gallan, Fifita or best case Maloney, dont pull after Origin then this will be a huge advantage. But we will have to be at our very best. Get under Ennis's or Gallan's skin, get them frustrated into making errors, shut down Holmes and Feki as best we can...get a fair cop by the refs....then we have this :)

Not confident but if we dont give a good account of ourselves then we probably dont deserve to be the finals. Manly did us no favours by capitulating to the GC so we need the 2 points.

phil.kingston

TL had a head clash/concussion which could be cleared in a week...Shaun Johnson has a groin injury thats hampering him badly (still our best attacking weapon of course)

Ata could very well be cover for Shaun Johnson and not TL

• Haha

Jaka

Love the enthusiasm.
Have u seen the sharks this year bro ?
I hope our club don't share your confidence.

I hope our club go into this realising they are playing the Monster.

They are all that.

If we beat them I'll be singing our greatness for the rest of the season.

It will take a phenomenon to get this one.

If we do....we deserve to go all the way.

This game is 100℅ when shit gets real.
Seriously dont take up mentoring .Give this team some confidence .Please

• Haha
Status
Not open for further replies.