General NRL 2016 Round 12 - General Discussion

Which game are you most looking forward to?

• Broncos vs Tigers

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Dragons vs Cowboys

• Raiders vs Bulldogs

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Knights vs Eels

• Total voters
Tedster

Tedster

Tangata Whenua will always be Tangata Whenua no matter where your born.
You can say the same thing with the Island boys and the way they like to pledge their alegiance.
Dam good to see. Was his dad the guy that played for Souths (i think) had dreads and is now a player agent? Or do i have the wrong guy?

Tedster

Tedster

Isn't Tapine a kiwi too? Looks like another good prospect. Watching the raiders am still a bit suprised that Rapana never made the kiwi squad.

Reactions: 1 user
OMG

OMG

Isn't Tapine a kiwi too? Looks like another good prospect. Watching the raiders am still a bit suprised that Rapana never made the kiwi squad.

Yea but Harris is a much better outside back than Rapana or Rona and Lewis Browne and Kenny B are 2 of the best Hookers in the NRL:banghead:

OMG

OMG

Tapine was excellent today, Rapana really is the form Winger in the Comp and a Good debut from Smith.

Worried2Death

Worried2Death

You can take the boy out of the Warriors, but....

"Take a boy out, put another one in, meet you there next year Laney ; Just don't listen to Cappy until I get there." ~Dezzy

Last edited:
Tyrael

Tyrael

I'm excited about for the line-up this week. Lots of talk about change so I hope there is some. Sounds like from the interview with Veitchy that Manu will be back in.

snake77

snake77

Anasta's comments about him being surprised with Remis smith aligning with the Kiwis. Saying he thought he'd align with NSW and Australia since he's born in Australia. What a knob.
I misheard it and actually thought Anasta said considering his father was Tyran Smith was a great New South Welshman for some reason.

After watching the game I rewatched that bit to listen to what he actually said. He said "Considering his father is Tyran Smith I thought his allegiance would be to Australia as he lives locally". I know the Aussies like to adjust the eligibility rules to what suits them but that's stretching it a bit Braith.

This all after Warren Smith listed the teams he's played for including the Junior Kiwis.

Selector

Yip a Junior Kiwi in 2013 & 2014. From Wellington if I'm not mistaken. Has all the tools to be an outstanding edge back rower in my opinion.

Ricky Stuart however, has been playing him as a prop since he joined the Raiders. With Junior Paulo going to Canberra next season, hopefully It will allow Tapine him to play his best position. Think he'll announce himself to the wider NRL audience next season. The $1.5m over 3 seasons he signed to join Canberra will look like a bargain for the Raiders.

In regards to Rapana agreed he should've been selected for the Kiwis. Kind of surprised there weren't any whispers about him being a possible bolter for Queensland in SOO as he's eligible for them. If Meniga was still coaching Queensland you know he would've been all over that like a wet rash.

Full list of Kiwi eligible players that I've been able to identify playing NRL and lower grades in this thread.
https://www.nzwarriors.com/threads/list-of-kiwi-eligible-players-in-the-nrl-nyc-2016.45893/

Reactions: 3 users

Selector

An observation in regards to the Bulldogs team that played against the Raiders. Would've though with the injuries to there outside backs, SOO call ups and Hopate not playing on Sunday's, Abbey might have made his NRL debut instead of Smith.

Must be way down the pecking order, interesting to think if he had of stayed at the Warriors he probably would've already made his NRL debut this season.

Reactions: 1 users
Waiting For Premiership

Waiting For Premiership

An observation in regards to the Bulldogs team that played against the Raiders. Would've though with the injuries to there outside backs, SOO call ups and Hopate not playing on Sunday's, Abbey might have made his NRL debut instead of Smith.

Must be way down the pecking order, interesting to think if he had of stayed at the Warriors he probably would've already made his NRL debut this season.

interesting to think if he had of stayed at the Warriors he probably would've already made his NRL debut this season.[/QUOTE]

And thats something thats scary ,he not good enough for first grade, yet members here would think he is.?

pantera nhl

Not with the great Jonno their

Not with the Great one Jonno Wright there