General NRL 2016 Finals Footy

Absolutely gutted with the final two teams. Bunch of cheats.

Whoever said cheating doesn't pay.

The Storm can afford to keep the big three under the cap these days, and sneak some big forwards in, because they paid them so damn much outside the cap years back that the players are still well ahead.

The Sharks may no longer have peptides in their systems, but the bulk put on and the fitness that they were able to achieve while they were taking them are still there.
Like an Olympic athlete who gets his edge with banned substances, then stops taking them a few months out to avoid testing positive. The physical benefits remain for some time.

In my opinion this final and they eventual winners Title are tainted.

Can't wait until the 'Big Three' and Gallen retire, so I can at least admire these teams for their effort and ability.
Until then, I can't have any respect for these teams.

This is the worse possible Grand Final for me. Nobody to get behind. A non-event on what should be the biggest stage.

Is it just me, or have the rest of you moved on?
Absolutely gutted.

My worst possible grand final in recent times was the magical bracelet bunnies. The NRL is full of dodgy dodge their integrity unit is their busiest department. Who cares. It is what it is - professional sport. But now and again we see some awesome rugby league. The storm showed everyone how to do it and they're still taking everyone to school. Hard luck raiders big game big nerves got them at the end of the day. 42-0. Harden up warriors. In the meantime fox memorials on Maori tv and I like to watch that for a bit of realness

Last edited:
Reactions: mt.wellington
I grew up a Sharks fan, in the days of the Sorensons, Steve Rogers and Greg Pierce, but I will be pissed off if Gallen and Ennis get a Premiership ring. That said I haven't bothered watching a GF for years, no Warriors involved means no shits given.

I didn't realise the storm winger has only played a few games of rugby league before first grade- 30 in total apparently, I read it somewhere.

Last edited:
i cant think of anything worse, Storm or Sharks.

both are as unlikeable and cheat as much as each other (in different ways).

no i really dont care after the NRL gave the storm a free ticket to the finals last night. Only the Raiders could beat the Sharks.

and i agree if a low life like Ennis gets a ring that will rub me up for years. loud mouth, dirty, no sportsmanship, whinging, soft, worm hole.

• Haha
Reactions: The Cheap Seats
Burleigh Bears win qld cup over Redcliffe dolphins

It's been a great year for the Bears. Bit of a suprise package really.
Hopefully they can back it up next week.
I thought kurtis Rowe had a great game- always rated him. Not sure what happened with him at the Tigers? Might be a bit small for nrl? Wouldn't be any worse than the likes of wright and wells...
Vaivai too- did he play 20s for the Warriors? I think the Titans have already signed him for next year anyway but brings good go forward.

It's been a great year for the Bears. Bit of a suprise package really.
Hopefully they can back it up next week.
I thought kurtis Rowe had a great game- always rated him. Not sure what happened with him at the Tigers? Might be a bit small for nrl? Wouldn't be any worse than the likes of wright and wells...
Vaivai too- did he play 20s for the Warriors? I think the Titans have already signed him for next year anyway but brings good go forward.

Vaivai was playing for the Knights but is having this year off for bad behaviour, namely brawling in Fortitude Valley or something like that. I heard that he was meant to be signed to the Raiders for next year but Titans have got him now. He's a beast, better than Paasi IMO if judged on talent alone. He started out being contracted to Melbourne and was sent to some rugby school in Brisbane while waiting for a call up to the Storm NYC team. The rugby school was over a two hour round trip commute for some strange reason, then his father got sick suddenly and died here so it all unravelled for him and he came back to Auckland and went off the rails for a bit before landing a contract at the Knights with the Likiliki brothers. He was in the Warriors dev system as a kid but Ackland didn't like him, fair enough cos he was a bit cocky around that time.

Vaivai was playing for the Knights but is having this year off for bad behaviour, namely brawling in Fortitude Valley or something like that. I heard that he was meant to be signed to the Raiders for next year but Titans have got him now. He's a beast, better than Paasi IMO if judged on talent alone. He started out being contracted to Melbourne and was sent to some rugby school in Brisbane while waiting for a call up to the Storm NYC team. The rugby school was over a two hour round trip commute for some strange reason, then his father got sick suddenly and died here so it all unravelled for him and he came back to Auckland and went off the rails for a bit before landing a contract at the Knights with the Likiliki brothers. He was in the Warriors dev system as a kid but Ackland didn't like him, fair enough cos he was a bit cocky around that time.

Interesting, so that's his story.
I think he's a shrewd pick up by the Titans- as was jarred Wallace.
They'll be strong up front again next year.

Reactions: charlie bobmarley

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Why not?? Sharks fans against Storm fans?
Your on! Anyone else want in for a week long avatar bet???

235665-paul-gallen.jpg
VS
1432689354385_Cameron-Smith-QLD.jpg

Inruin

Contributor
Sharks please. So if I lose I get Cam Smith as my Avatar. :yuck:

If I win do I get the Mighty NSW Legend Paul Gallen as my avatar?