General NRL 2015 Round 10 - General Discussion

koolkat

koolkat

Cam should be sighted for kicking out at issac but he won't..RE the origin law

Reactions: 1 user
snake77

snake77

Seen a quote that he didn't know he hit him and he thought it was all good as Luke didn't say anything to him during the game. The last part is a bit strange it's not a foul or shouldn't be a big issue unless the victim says something?

It would be interesting to know how the question was asked to him or if he had a replay in front of him or did he remember exactly which tackle they were talking about?

It happened twice and the fact he was accurate with hitting his main rival has me pretty sceptical.

Reactions: 1 users
wallacenz

wallacenz

Seen a quote that he didn't know he hit him and he thought it was all good as Luke didn't say anything to him during the game. The last part is a bit strange it's not a foul or shouldn't be a big issue unless the victim says something?

It would be interesting to know how the question was asked to him or if he had a replay in front of him or did he remember exactly which tackle they were talking about?

It happened twice and the fact he was accurate with hitting his main rival has me pretty sceptical.
I doubt he was aiming for Lukes head, his body was in a position where I doubt he could see Lukes upper body.

Still, Im pretty sure other players have been done for kicking the head accidentally. Didn't Luke cop one last year aswell when he held a guys legs while standing upright.

Hopefully when Luke is at the Warriors he doesnt get pinged for hanging in the tackle like he gets away with at Souths

Wellington Warrior

Wellington Warrior

Seen a quote that he didn't know he hit him and he thought it was all good as Luke didn't say anything to him during the game. The last part is a bit strange it's not a foul or shouldn't be a big issue unless the victim says something?.
This is odd as I distinctly recall Luke and Smith having words not long after that. Jesse Bromwich came to Smiths rescue.

Danpatmac

Intent is relevant but not essential surely?

Smith's actions were absolutely 'careless' or 'reckless'?

Stone

Stone

Going by this image not only would Smith have been more or less "blind" to what was happening around his feet, but he is also virtually being choked by Tyrell's forearm, so you can't really blame Smith for trying to kick his way out of that situation ... Luke's just got his head in the wrong place at the wrong time imo

1431783679185.jpg

Last edited:
koolkat

koolkat

At least he wasn't a pussy about it and didn't just lay on the ground waiting for a penalty

ryno

ryno

Geez Gould is a grumpy old bastard, sick of him berating every single ref decision.

Defence

Defence

Geez Gould is a grumpy old bastard, sick of him berating every single ref decision.

Yeah mate- I had to put it on mute.
If they make a wrong decision he hammers them but if they go up stairs to make sure they get it right he hammers them- the refs must hate him.
And it's not just the refs - he constantly just bags the game in general.
I used to be a big fan but his unrelenting negativity really takes away from the spectacle.
The nrl and/ or channel 9 needs to tell him to either pull his head in or fark off.

Reactions: 2 users
snake77

snake77

If they make a wrong decision he hammers them but if they go up stairs to make sure they get it right he hammers them- the refs must hate him.
And it's not just the refs - he constantly just bags the game in general.
I used to be a big fan but his unrelenting negativity really takes away from the spectacle.
He also whines whenever a rule is changed and rants on no one thinks of the implications changing that rule on the rest of the game. It's like he needs to be consulted on all changes so he can approve them first.

Like you I used to be a big fan of his commentary but am starting to turn off him now. Had to laugh with all of his ranting on the video ref call "I'll go by them an ice cream" sure he wasn't going to go off and by them an ice cream and he turned it to i'll go at half time. It would have been better if he pretended he was sticking to his word and sat there quietly for 10 minutes and then Ray Warren said welcome back Gus.

mode81

mode81

What about that filthy bastard Cameron Smith.. lashing out kicking Luke 4 times and most striking him in the face.. once is bad but you can't tell me there wasn't intent in the other lash outs... Smith should be banned but he won't even be cited or suspended because he's one of ozzy league's pet players and the citing commissioners are cowards that turn a blind eye.

wallacenz

wallacenz

Regarding Hoffmans concussion.

Twice on the weekend, including Hoffmans tackle, the tackled player placed their forehead on the tacklers temple and landed directly on top of them, driving the tacklers head into the ground and knocking them unconscious, are they doing it on purpose?

Its like an atomic headbutt

Miket12

Miket12

What about that filthy bastard Cameron Smith.. lashing out kicking Luke 4 times and most striking him in the face.. once is bad but you can't tell me there wasn't intent in the other lash outs... Smith should be banned but he won't even be cited or suspended because he's one of ozzy league's pet players and the citing commissioners are cowards that turn a blind eye.
Cited with a grade one charge - which is a slap on the hand with a wet bus ticket as the 75 points for an early plea means he's still available for SOO. Absolutely pathetic - and this is from a Queensland fan!!!!

mode81

mode81

Cited with a grade one charge - which is a slap on the hand with a wet bus ticket as the 75 points for an early plea means he's still available for SOO. Absolutely pathetic - and this is from a Queensland fan!!!!

Wow! That was as obvious as can be now if the shoe was on the other foot and it was the "Kiwi" player lashing out at Cameron ozzy idol then he'll get suspended for a month.. classic case of turn a blind eye to the marquee players.. different rules apply for certain players.

mode81

mode81

Regarding Hoffmans concussion.

Twice on the weekend, including Hoffmans tackle, the tackled player placed their forehead on the tacklers temple and landed directly on top of them, driving the tacklers head into the ground and knocking them unconscious, are they doing it on purpose?

Its like an atomic headbutt

There looked like intent from Peats to drive his head in the turf.. for the life of me I can not believe Peats has got off scot free without even a citing.. absolutely disgusted with the Hoffman incident especially not long after being concussed against the Titans now this latest head knock/slam.. It will have massive long term repercussions for Hoffman with repeated head slams

Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

Tbh grade 1 dangerous contact sounds about right. Rightly or wrongly the level of injury influences the charge. I daresay if he had broken Bully's jaw it would have been another matter. Interestingly if it had happened 1 week ago Smith would have missed a game regardless an early plea. His carry over points had just expired.
Speaking of famous "lasher outers" the 40+ will remember the king of it - Bronco's Michael Hancock....that dude absolutely detested getting tackled.

Selector

End of the round and the club is in the top 8 with the bye to come looks like the club is starting to head on an upward curve for the season. SOO time is the time when the club usually goes on a run as well. Would be disappointed if the club doesn't make it three wins a row against the knights in the next game.