Post Match NRL 2015 - Rnd 9 - Sharks vs Warriors Post Match Discussion

KiwiWarrior

In the process of being buttraped by the refereeing that was just too inept not to be corrupt..and a second rate looking cronulla rabble living on a weight of gifted possession
until Shaun Johnson goes golden boot on their asses and it's game over
This should have been a breakout game where we won easily but we only scraped in by a nose
Shaun Johnson brilliant
NRL you're a disgrace
A great effort really , I love games like this where we are supposed to get fleeced but turn the tables

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
Contributor
What a hard game to watch. Ugly as hell! Felt like I was watching the Wooden Spoon Grand Final with both teams doing their best to win the spoon.

Great we managed to cut down the errors but we simply replaced them with penalties. Strangely enough even though we looked like we were on the sharp end of the stick we ended up with 10 while the Sharks had 11. Some serious squaring up by the refs on the second half.

Really pissed off with Solomone Kata for his schoolboy error. You get taught that as a kid. Two hand dive or under the arm slide. Almost bobbled it again for his second attempt. Mind boggling!

Hope Manu Vatuvei is ok but looked like he was in serious pain. Could be out awhile.

The other one who could be out is Konrad Hurrell. Could be argued that it was accidental as Tupou wasnt even looking where he was tackling but I think the precedent was set when Kade Snowden accidentally broke Ray Thompson's jaw. Got 7 weeks for it. To be frank Tupou's is fucked and ended up in an ambulance so its not good for him.

Pic of Anthony Tupou's injury. DONT CLICK ON THE THUMBNAIL IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!

Attachments

• 10984479_689311004525282_370478788549256748_n.jpg
    10984479_689311004525282_370478788549256748_n.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 2
Boats n Hoes

Boats n Hoes

Ugly game for 70 minutes, no fluency at all. Refs didnt help, perhaps some of the worst officiating this season. Then 10 minutes of a number of the best ever individual plays youll ever see.

Rocks and diamonds for Shaun Johnson but full credit for the run that only he could do to win us the game (also the play to set up Kata's try was outrageous)

Thank god for Hoffmans charge down.

Kata has a future for sure but not surprisingly has rookie mistakes in his game.

Great chase Lolohea but we still need Tomkins back.

Hurrell will get done for the kneelift. Manu looks like he could be sidelined for a while...concerning.

Surely the Friend off the bench thing has to stop. He offers no value from the bench and was terrible when he got on.

Bodene's and Jonno Wrights best games this season.

Fifita is a fucking beast

Kimmorley is a knobhead.

Gladly take the 2 points but we're just too inconsistent for a guaranteed spot in the 8 for mine.

jsmooove

jsmooove

The other one who could be out is Konrad Hurrell. Could be argued that it was accidental as Tupou wasnt even looking where he was tackling but I think the precedent was set when Kade Snowden accidentally broke Ray Thompson's jaw. Got 7 weeks for it. To be frank Tupou's is fucked and ended up in an ambulance so its not good for him.
snowdens was a shoulder charge and he was sent off. Konnie was running in full flight and tupou was coming in from the side. i say lets fight this and get him off the charge.

Stone

Stone

Good to finally have a tight ugly match go our way, but geezus lueyzus ... I do believe I have just had 12 months of my life shaved off

The Warriors looked flatter than a dead possum on SH1 for 65mins, especially all the rep boys

Does anyone else get an overwhelming urge to smack Noddy square in the nose after having to listen to that little one eyed cock for 80mins ... or is it just me ? :p

As I stated in another thread, Kata bombing that try from a wrong/one handed attempted put down once = meh, but twice (did it again after Shaun Johnson set him up & was very lucky to score imo) = deadset drongo

MoM - Shaun Johnson ... if he doesn't pull those two late pieces of magic out of his arse like he did ... Warriors lose badly

Last edited:
Johnnyray

Johnnyray

Awesome come from behind win for the boys, Warriors are officially in top eight for first time this season ! Still there are massive problems with our team in giving away too many penalties and making too many mistakes from simple errors. That we are nine weeks into season and we still haven't sorted that out is big concern for me, as no first grade team should miss that many balls behind line like we did tonight. I thought that we were very lucky that none of balls were picked up or intercepted by Sharks. Still we won and that all counts. I'll bitch about our pairings next week if we lose against eels ...

The Batman

The Batman

snowdens was a shoulder charge and he was sent off. Konnie was running in full flight and tupou was coming in from the side. i say lets fight this and get him off the charge.
Agreed. Fight it. Snowden is a flog. He lined Thompson up with his shoulder. Hardly a precedent

eudebrito

eudebrito

|-|
Contributor
Dreadful exhibition of sport and officiating from both teams and the refs until the last 10, can't lie, the win feels damn good, especially in that manner, but team is still miles off the pace.

And a crucial win too if konrad is suspended and manu injured next week.

Thompson played a good game, he and johnson probably share my MoM, wright and lolohea mentions for saving a couple of tries.

I mean shaun can't hit the side of the barn with his goalkicking, bombs out on the full, can't secure the ball from a short kick off... and wins the game, because they can do freakish things they get the result, but the amount of simple things they neglected, peyroux can't play the ball, friend comes on and looks downright senile and ready for the retirement village with some of his plays, huge play by hoffman, but he wasn't all that interested in tackling fifita 1 minute earlier!

Bloody lucky the sharks are obsessed with penalties, both milking for them and kicking for goal, our defence in general was quite good, but the sharks didnt test it really, couldnt even get the ball to the wing accurately. Due a bit of luck, and got a bit, plenty of season to go, just don't play like that too often lads...

mtsmart

mtsmart

Hopefully Tomkins is back next week so Lolohea can take Konrads spot at right center.

I heard Alan Mac say on the radio last week (post-test analysis and Warriors discussion) that Tomkins will still be out for at least another 4 weeks. Anyone else confirm this?

Vancent

Vancent

🫣
Contributor
Wow, first night in a new house and it's christened with a win already, will check with wifey about moving weekly.....

Friend, that has to be it, was woeful. Letting Ennis steal it out of your hands is an absolute joke. Retire already Friendy, tweet the Chief and ask for a trainer role.

Peyroux, I've had enough. Offers zero in attack and isn't the defensive centre he's made out to be, he's a turnstile. Looks a nice guy but that's it for those two for me for good now.

Hoff, Shaun Johnson were just awesome truly awesome. LoLo is getting better every week. Burrell played well not sure he's in that much trouble but they'll ramp it up somewhat because of the break.

Welcome back Warriors, I've missed you!!

What a cracking week. Good night my brothers.

Edit: Yes, Kimmorleys an absolute farkin twat.

Last edited:

Danpatmac

What an incredible last 10...

I am really confused about the hate for the refs, there were maybe a couple of iffy penalties but on the whole the vast majority of penalties called against us would be penalties anytime, anywhere and for any team. We lay all over them, we played at the ball in the ruck and we looked offside...

Manu looks gone.
Hurrell will get suspended even though I'm pretty convinced that there was no intent to knee him, he was trying to bump him off with the hip and Tupou's technique was asking for a disaster.

Johnson's last 10 minutes were absolutely sublime.

Kata is a meat head. He is however very young and inexperienced... hopefully he is learning.

I still think we need another bruiser in the middle, Lisone doesn't have the body mass at the moment, but god he is good running the ball with a bit of space or holes in front of him.

Hoffman proved himself to be a true champion and Jono Wright gave the finger to the haters... Hoping Tomkins is back next week.

jsmooove

jsmooove

Agreed. Fight it. Snowden is a flog. He lined Thompson up with his shoulder. Hardly a precedent
id argue with it was a poor technique from tupou and say he has gotten his head in the wrong position. i mean hes just thrown himself in desperation to stop konnie. konnie has slightly turned his hip and braced for impact.

yeah he raised his knee slightly but what is he meant to do stop running when someone tries to tackle him?