• Extremely

• Yes

• Sort of

• No

• What was Cappy thinking?

Results are only viewable after voting.
surfin

surfin

Apparently it is the right call, if an offiside player runs back 10 m from being in an offisde position, they are technically onside.Still makes no sense to me as they are still behind the Warriors line but technically correct.

It is absolutely incorrect, that ruling basically means you could line up in the opposition line at the play the ball and as long as it travels 10 m you are free to make a tackle or as Pettybourne did take the pass. Just because the comment is made by a ref doesn't make it correct, remember these are the same idiots that said Goodwin wasn't tackled a couple of weeks ago.
As I said you can not be run onside if you started the ruck in an offside position.

Reactions: 5 users
jonno

jonno

How important is SJs kicking game to our chances? When his boot is laced up right the warriors are on...

boongz1

boongz1

Yoooo how good is Faitala-Mariner!? Man give him a starting spot over Thompson anyday!

• Haha
Reactions: 4 users

Far Away Fan

The only downer coming out of this is the realisation that Havili is just not cut out for first grade. Not at the Warriors at least. There is a reason he never came back on ...

You could look at that the other way around perhaps and say that it is a positive, as his performance has proved once and for all that he is not first grade material for us and should never be there.

Reactions: 1 user
Iafetas Kickstand Wang

Iafetas Kickstand Wang

It is absolutely incorrect, that ruling basically means you could line up in the opposition line at the play the ball and as long as it travels 10 m you are free to make a tackle or as Pettybourne did take the pass. Just because the comment is made by a ref doesn't make it correct, remember these are the same idiots that said Goodwin wasn't tackled a couple of weeks ago.

No. Its the same as being off side at marker. Just because you are offside at marker doesn't mean you can't ever be back in the play. You have to get back 10 metres from where the ball was played. Not that the play has travelled 10 metres, but in effect you have got behind the line that set the offside line as adjudicated by the referee at the start of the play.

It was the right call, and a really dumb offload from Manu Vatuvei.

• Sad
snake77

snake77

I was a bit worried about this one. Last time we played them they were going through a pretty good run of form; they had a good win last week and hadn't looked to bad lately.

I got a bit more nervous seeing the line up before the game but RFM and Gubb really went well tonight.

Hopefully this kicks us into a run of form.

boongz1

boongz1

I haven't read the game day chatter but that last Titans try was so incorrect I'm baffled that none of those officials know the rules. A player can not be run back on side if he did not start onside at the ruck, that applies to both the attacking and defending team.
I think there's a clause that excludes the Warriors from this rule.. And every other rule in the book :sorry:

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users

Far Away Fan

I think that when Shaun Johnson has either Sam Tomkins or Konrad Hurrell playing with him he is all the better for it. The pressure is off. And when both of them are there, it's almost a guaranteed two points for us. Shaun was on fire!

Freddie Futler

Freddie Futler

Apart from most of the team really stepping up two things stood out for me.
Sam the man is the glue the team needs, can someone cure his homesick blues.
The second half we must have hd about 12 or 13 sets completed with no errors, that to me was the biggest contributor to the final score.
Good "D" less mistakes guys have juice in the tank at the end.

Reactions: 2 users
surfin

surfin

Have now read the game day chatter, funny how things go from wanting half the team executed at dawn to, you can stick your dick in my mouth if you want. Ah the roller coaster life of a Warriors fan.

• Haha
Reactions: 10 users
wallacenz

wallacenz

Have now read the game day chatter, funny how things go from wanting half the team executed at dawn to, you can stick your dick in my mouth if you want. Ah the roller coaster life of a Warriors fan.
which players did people want gone and then change their minds over?

Sup42

Sup42

Musta been some half time talk.

Well done McFadden, we've been average this year but we have stayed in touch with the eight or been in the eight for the season.

Turn around time coming please boys....time for a run of form.

If u go back through the history of these Games, Nathan Friend fires up for all of them.

Tits fans worry about Frendy more than Hurrel etc.

Important win, way to deal with Reffing inconsistencies

snake77

snake77

Pettybourne was an "out of play" player as he was not onside at the PTB. Clearly stated in the notes in section 14 of the rules.
Hopefully where hear more of the offside ruling for the Roberts try. Looking at the pdf we could have a good case to take to the referees boss.

The rules have how an offside player can be brought back into play but the out of play section states they can't be brought onside with the above conditions. Good spotting.

Hopefully we hear more of it in the post match shows like the Sunday Footy show or NRL 360.

mt.wellington

mt.wellington

Warriors Orange Peeler
No. Its the same as being off side at marker. Just because you are offside at marker doesn't mean you can't ever be back in the play. You have to get back 10 metres from where the ball was played. Not that the play has travelled 10 metres, but in effect you have got behind the line that set the offside line as adjudicated by the referee at the start of the play.

It was the right call, and a really dumb offload from Manu Vatuvei.
I believe your wrong...

Capture1

Capture2

Section 11
Capture3

Reactions: 3 users
matiunz

matiunz

This year yet?
Contributor
Our best game of the year for mine.
Couple of dumb tries against not withstanding I felt we controlled that game well, LOVED the repeat sets.
Few thoughts from some players
Tomkins-we look sooo much better with him in our side, bit sloppy at the start but seemed to click.
Maumalo-couple of silly errors but otherwise ok, needs more impact
Kata- Needs to cut out the errors and hell be something special, in saying that he creates opportunities and is out playing Hurrell at the moment.
Hurrell looking in good shape but seems to have lost some of his impact, nice try though.
Manu-Solid game, dont remember any errors?
Chad- looks good when he takes on the line
Shaun Johnson- beautiful alround game for him, felt both his running and kicking game went up a level.
Ikahihifo didnt notice much from him
Friend- gotta admit I was in the "hes over the hill" camp but shit hes had a couple of bloody good games!
Matulino-toss up between him and Shaun Johnson for mom, some awesome go forward, can someone PLEASE back him up for those offloads that go begging?
RFM progressed well
Thompson on the up
Mannering had a solid game leading by example.
Havilli-looks good for about a minute and then outta puff, was keen to see what he could do but he can gtfo if he cant sort his fitness out.
Hoffman/Lillyman both backed up well after origin solid go forward
Gubb had a good game, really felt bad when he got denied

All in all alot better than previous weeks hope this is the spark our season needed. Need to sort our defense pretty quickly though.

Reactions: 2 users
ttkk19

ttkk19

3(a) says that a player is placed onside if an opponent moves 10m with the ball so I think he was made onside when manu ran 10m

surfin

surfin

Hopefully where hear more of the offside ruling for the Roberts try. Looking at the pdf we could have a good case to take to the referees boss.

The rules have how an offside player can be brought back into play but the out of play section states they can't be brought onside with the above conditions. Good spotting.

Hopefully we hear more of it in the post match shows like the Sunday Footy show or NRL 360.

I know the rule because I have seen it used properly by officials that actually know about the game they are controlling. First time I came across it was on an attacking team getting a try disallowed. What happened was an attacking player ran through on the chance of an offload and stayed offside when the player he was supporting was tackled and played the ball, the dummy half beat the markers, made a break and then passed the ball to the player that had run through the tackle before, who then went on to score. Result try disallowed and penalty to defending side as a out of play player can not be run onside. Pettybourne was the defensive version of that.

Inruin

Inruin

Contributor
I'm confused. Was he offside, out of play or both? The first person to secure the ball was the dummy half. He retired 10m from the play the ball where he then intercepted the ball. Was he not onside at that point and if he wasn't what did he have to do to get inside?