Post Match NRL 2015 - Rnd 14 - Warriors vs Roosters Post Match Discussion

Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute
If Taukeho was still here he would as lazy and unfocused as the rest.

Lazy may be a bit harsh, but our players are soft mentally when the pressure goes on, and i think it's because things are to easy here, too much of a bro culture.

Yeah certainly what I heard from the ex. warrior interviews ....the Warriors great family culture but it's another level at other clubs fight for your position etc >>>> so I don't think spending huge money on a couple stars is going equal top4 ...

Reactions: facefacts
Extraordinary game. Sure, disappointing about not getting the points, and what Wright was thinking I don't know, but there are clearly positives despite the result. Two of our tries were terrific, and one of them should feature in any end of season anthology. Johnson is really in form, and apart from the big plays people should also look at his workrate which is v high; Kata and Hurrell are a deadly pair of centres; Vete did well as did the youngsters in general; Mannering a tower of strength; and result was v close despite Lillyman and Hoffman being away. And I've been bemoaning our lack of tactical attacking smarts for ages, so it was great to see 'the wall' for our field goal. Good (re)invention - let's see more!

Extraordinary game. Sure, disappointing about not getting the points, and what Wright was thinking I don't know, but there are clearly positives despite the result. Two of our tries were terrific, and one of them should feature in any end of season anthology. Johnson is really in form, and apart from the big plays people should also look at his workrate which is v high; Kata and Hurrell are a deadly pair of centres; Vete did well as did the youngsters in general; Mannering a tower of strength; and result was v close despite Lillyman and Hoffman being away. And I've been bemoaning our lack of tactical attacking smarts for ages, so it was great to see 'the wall' for our field goal. Good (re)invention - let's see more!
Yes Hoff and Jake not there but roosters missing Pearce, Jennings, JWH, guerra and cordner. Not sure if it would of been that close

For me, the 2 BIG problems are DEFENCE, and STAMINA. [ A good goal kicker would help as well !! ]

But I honestly cannot remember a game this season...[ even in the ones we have won,]....where we have put two good halves together.

Sometimes we have done enough in the ' good half ' to get us over the line.

But we are a 40 minute team at the moment.

But my Dad taught me early on, that if you're a proper sports team supporter, it doesn't matter who you support, you're stuck with them forever !

So I guess we are.

It doesn't make it any easier though !

Reactions: jonno
After calming down and re-watching may I offer some advice on DEFENCE?

I think by now most teams have worked out that they can hold us down longer in the tackle and get away with it.
We however have to release immediately or get pinged, this allows other teams with a bit more savvy to get a roll on and charge up the field.
Everyone knows that when a player gets up to speed he is much harder to stop and even with guys hanging off him will travel a lot further.
Just watching how the Roosters line speed on defence was so much quicker than ours I watched to see if the usual refs trick of 12 metres for us and 8 metres for them was being employed and to a large extent it was.
I feel our fitness levels will have to be way superior to any other team if that type of refereeing continues as we need to get back further and up further meaning a lot more metres covered.
If was Watson and my business was being undermined in this way I would slap an injunction on the referees and hold them accountable.
Ricky is only a boy at coaching but his rant has seen the Raiders get a far better deal of late. It seems to be the old established clubs like souths , roosters and Manly that get a better deal from the refs.

Reactions: Dropped Balls
I think by now most teams have worked out that they can hold us down longer in the tackle and get away with it.
We however have to release immediately or get pinged, this allows other teams with a bit more savvy to get a roll on and charge up the field.
Everyone knows that when a player gets up to speed he is much harder to stop and even with guys hanging off him will travel a lot further.
Just watching how the Roosters line speed on defence was so much quicker than ours I watched to see if the usual refs trick of 12 metres for us and 8 metres for them was being employed and to a large extent it was.

Oh for sure. I couldn't agree more.

I think that it's generally accepted that getting a rough deal from the Refs is part of being a Warrior.

It's because we are an NZ club, and not an Aussie Club.

Basically they are cheats. They help their mates, like all good mates !
[Except that you you shouldn't do that if you are a Ref ! ]

I have often thought that instead of our players clapping when we get a penalty, we should clap the Refs when our OPPONENTS get a penalty.....just to let the Refs know that they know what is going on. In a case like that, every player on the park will be clapping.!

Cappy too. And the crowd. Let's all join in. [Except we've never really managed to be that co-ordinated ]