Post Match NRL 2015 - Rnd 1 - Warriors V Knights Post Match Discussion

Game Information

Vs

01 Jan 1970 12:00
minute

tajhay

🏉
11024767_937037296340664_8092508079524768543_n.jpg

First game over and done with. How did you think the team went for this first official hitout?
Who were the standouts.

Rate the players here - https://www.nzwarriors.com/matches/nrl-2015-round-1.26/

Last edited by a moderator:
Fuck off with the Chad hate - Shaun Johnson needs to get BLASTED for his performance today. Didn't even do the little things right.

Rookies stood up. Forwards great. Defense solid in patches.

All isn't bad.... Reintegrate Tomkins and we are more dynamic. Hurrell should have taken the night off. Made some shot decisions with the ball.

But we will all blame Chad aye. Atleast he fucken tried boys.

If there's three things you can be sure of in life - they're Death, Taxes, and the Warriors to lose in round one.

Absolutely awful all around. Knights easily outplayed us. Lucky to get those extra 2 points - but both our tries were just close to the line run ins.

No last tackle options - Johnson and Townsend were fucking dreadful. Dropped balls all round. One of the worse performances in recent memory.

It's only Round one and we all knew this was coming - but it's still not a great way to start the year.

Reactions: ACT Warrior
Have to say, Shaun was comfortably our worst player out there (yes, even worse than Chad)... In fact, I'd go as far as to say he almost looked to be playing injured so little was his impact on the game.

Still, a huge amount of positives to take from the game, considering all of the circumstances surrounding it.

Well... You know the Warriors are back when they manage to lose a game after being gifted a penalty try and the other team team gets yellow carded.

Hoffman looks like he will a very, very good signing though. Meanwhile Lolohea has been more threatening at the back in one game than Tomkins was all of last year.

Gripes and positives aside for a moment, my how I've missed the roller-coaster that is being a Warriors fan. Just so glad that the League is back on - despite the result.

Reactions: Sup42 and koolkat
Lisone was great. Vete was pretty good to... Lolohiea showed his class... Kata also has a big future in FG...

Tomkins to 6 for his kicking game and composure in the middle. Shaun Johnson needs someone who is holding their shit together ala Foran... Lolohiea can keep that FB spot until he fucks up IMO...

Our hookers were great, which was a real positive.

And if everyone tackles like Mannering we win this comp...

We gotta stop making that excuse we're a professional team. Our super rugby/a-league and breakers all manage to do it (and past their bedtime). Theres no excuse why we cant.
I agree, but not without some conditioning... Coaching staff need to work these guys in the heat so they are ready for it IMO....

Auckland high temp this week was 26 degrees, Newcastles was 32. So they Newcastle team feel like we do when it's 20 degrees in the sun... And we get hammered in what's our hottest temperature... Without any heat training we'll always run out of gas first...

Reactions: matiunz
Lisone was great. Vete was pretty good to... Lolohiea showed his class... Kata also has a big future in FG...

Tomkins to 6 for his kicking game and composure in the middle. Shaun Johnson needs someone who is holding their shit together ala Foran... Lolohiea can keep that FB spot until he fucks up IMO...

Our hookers were great, which was a real positive.

And if everyone tackles like Mannering we win this comp...
Yeah, I felt that when Chad had that poor first half the pressure really went on Shaun Johnson and he didn't handle it well from the start of the 2nd half.

Reactions: OMG