NRL Dally M 2023

SJ winning the Dally M would take off some of the disappointment of not winning the preliminary final.
It is no disgrace losing to Kalyn Ponga. The kid is a fantastic player.

I was satisfied to see the judges disagreed with Cyrile, Cecil and Donny about the Broncos kid getting best fullback.

I thought it was a pretty good night for the club.

I thought Webby deserved the award, and for those who didn't agree, stiff shite.

I didn’t realize at the time but just seen hynes finished 3rd in the dally m’s.
It’s funny because I was looking through each clubs player of the years the other day and noticed he wasn’t even nominated for the sharks award- so his club didn’t rate him in their top 5 players but he finished 3rd in the whole comp just 1 point behind Sj? 🤔- bizarre.

It’s funny because I was looking through each clubs player of the years the other day and noticed he wasn’t even nominated for the sharks award- so his club didn’t rate him in their top 5 players but he finished 3rd in the whole comp just 1 point behind Sj? 🤔- bizarre.

Yes, he had a very middling season, where his contract which looked amazing value has gone to one that now looks fair

Another young Māori on Police 10-7 tonight, crime is out of control.. 😕

IMG_0252.jpeg

Can I just take this time to say fuck you Jazz Tavaga! Crying because SJ didn't get Dally M and calling it like that forward pass like it was the deciding factor!

What an absolute clown! Look at how graceful our coach is, why don't you take it like a man and move on.

So thought he was better than that!

hynes is a media darling hence he got so many votes. last year he deservedly won the dally m as he had an incredible year....... this year he has been mud by the same standard and shouldn't even be in the conversation.

this whole voting on players each week is just farcical. anyone remember the ruan sims debacle a few years ago where she put her votes without watching the game live? do you not think Corey parker isn't going to be biased to some Queensland player?

I don't know what the best system is but its not the one they have now. maybe it has to be Like the NFL where its voted on by sports writers but maybe include players, coaches, referees and each groups vote has a weighted percentage.

truth is Ponga doesn't deserve the medal. You can't play half a season at a high level and deserve to win an MVP of the season. If I'm being honest even though I think he's a little tool bag it should really be Reece Walsh(i don't think suspensions should stop a player from winning.)

its legit the stupidest thing in the world that some players will be punished because they play in successful teams and have to share points around while others are the only good player in a shit team.

Can I just take this time to say fuck you Jazz Tavaga! Crying because SJ didn't get Dally M and calling it like that forward pass like it was the deciding factor!

What an absolute clown! Look at how graceful our coach is, why don't you take it like a man and move on.

Jazz is niggly in game and looks like his characters the same,
He's just backing up his man with his heart on his sleeve not everyones as graceful as webby or as hard as campion there's been many different characters in our team.

Last edited:
I still think the old Rugby League Weekly method of everyone getting a 1-10 every game & using your best 20 scores is the method to find the top player in the comp
Of course it is, it is like the buddy rating system some organisations use.

Mate, your post reeks of Jazzy vibes... how ironic.. show some grace yourself my man :ROFLMAO:

…and here's me thinking how well we did to make it through 2023 without any off-field controversy like we had in 21/22 😁
#OnYaJazz #SlowYaBrain
(actually, forgot about the whole ref-gate saga)

Back