Pick Your Team Potential Kiwis Team 2023

As long as pick player's who want to play for nz, bit weary of Mulitalo???
I seen a video of Moses Leota trying to spin a yarn that he moved to NSW earlier than he actually did because he wanted to play Origin too. Both have given nothing less than their best efforts in a Kiwis jumper so I'm happy with them representing their country of birth. No better options available at the current time either

I seen a video of Moses Leota trying to spin a yarn that he moved to NSW earlier than he actually did because he wanted to play Origin too. Both have given nothing less than their best efforts in a Kiwis jumper so I'm happy with them representing their country of birth. No better options available at the current time either

Hard to blame them trying aye when even NZ puts Origin on a pedestal. Theres way more QLD/NSW jerseys around than Kiwi jerseys.

Kiwis talking about we bleed blue/maroon makes me sick but it's just what it is.

If they're willing to put their bodies on the line for the black jersey thats enough for me.

Earlier in the season I had Neame & Grieg but after their injuries they didn't find that form

1. Manu
2. Mulitalo
3. CNK
4. Timoko
5. Isaako
6. Brown
7. Hughes
8. Fisher-Harris
9. Levi
10. Neame
11. Papali'i
12. Nikora
13. Tapine

14. Foran
15. Leota
16. Asofa-Solomona
17. Whyte

1. CNK
2. Issaako
3. Timoko
4. Manu
5. Mulitalo
6. Brown
7. Hughes

8. Leota
9. Levi
10. JFH
11. Papalii
12. Nikora
13. Tapine

14. Foran
15. NAS
16. Neame
17. Whyte

Why would you swap Manu and CNK? Yeah Manu is a better player than Charnze, but he’s also a better player than their left centre as well, is Charnze. Probably not, at least not from a positioning perspective. At least we KNOW Charnze can do a job at fullback.

Hooker is a little concerning. It is what it is.

Hoping Rapana turns out for the Kukis, here's my predicted Kiwis reserves list

18 Greig
19 F Brown
20 Whyte
21 Kini

Can't afford injuries

It is only three games and most are on Kiwi soil. Mage said they were disappointed that organizers were unable to get Tonga on board with this tournament. I don't think it is a bad Kiwi squad, there are a few project players we may have secured in regards to eligibility, and at least one with finals experience with Toa Samoa from last year's World Cup, as well as Issako who was the highest points scorer for the year.

I see a few people on here are favouring Whyte over Thompson for a bench spot. Is that based on versatility?

It is only three games and most are on Kiwi soil. Mage said they were disappointed that organizers were unable to get Tonga on board with this tournament. I don't think it is a bad Kiwi squad, there are a few project players we may have secured in regards to eligibility, and at least one with finals experience with Toa Samoa from last year's World Cup, as well as Issako who was the highest points scorer for the year.

Yeah, bad mojo that a Pacific tournament is missing the Tongans.

I don't understand what happened there?

Yeah, bad mojo that a Pacific tournament is missing the Tongans.

I don't understand what happened there?

Its just that the Tonga tour in England was already planned a while ago, maybe even annouced before the World Cup next last year iirc, while the Pacific Series couldn't be finalised until after the CBA was signed off

I think next year Aussie are having an Ashes series in England, so Tonga will slot right back in

Last edited:
Back