• Knights 13+

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mt.wellington

Contributor
Warriors vs Knights - [Round 4, 2024] GAME DAY

2020 NRL Round 16 vs Knights 010.jpg

Welcome to your NZWF game day thread for todays clash. Please note that this thread will be locked following the final whistle with or without warning. Discussion will then be shifted to the POST MATCH thread.

UP THE WAHS!!!

Last edited:
Good looking day in Tamaki Makarau.
Expecting us to get 100 points for the first time today, based on the positivity round here.
Ford hattrick seems inevitable.
Beautiful day for a walloping by The Mighty Warriors

As usual it’s a tough comp and nerves and expectations are all over the show and not really sure what to except but we should win this…..by how much I don’t know.

Actually……13+

Keep ‘em pinned SJ

This week has taken an absolute age, considering we played on Friday last week.
These 9 day turn arounds are shit house for fans haha.

I wanna see us play our game out there. Bomb to Ponga with a good kick chase and that will negate a lot of his work. Bash them up front with Barnett, AFB and Marata.

Don't care but how much, I just want to see the left edge continue to improve, and see Niukore and Egan get through unscathed

I just want us to keep building. Would love a complete performance like last year's SF but would take an ugly 1-12 win again like last week. Formline means nothing for us this year: many teams are aiming up against us. Sharks, Melbourne and Raiders arguably saved their best games so far against us this year. I expect nothing less from Newcastle. The Saifiti brothers will undoubtely find their inner AFB this week, even though they've been quiet to start the year. Gonna be a tough hustle.

Tricky game. What we have seen in the first 4 rounds is if your team is a bit off, you’ll get beaten.

Manly last night are a case in point. Many saw them as top 4 after 5 minutes into the competition - but they were diabolical last night.

and therein lies the trap. Manly were supposed to thrash the dragons - the supposed worst team in the comp - but themselves got owned. Turbo once again showed why he is a touch overrated with a horrible performance.

This is what we have to avoid today - complacency. If we come in expecting that everything will click, then if this turns into a grind, anything can happen.

We need to set the tone early and convert our opportunities when they come versus bomb them like we have been doing. Similarly our D needs to be on point. First half points are really important as dew will hit the ground in the second, and it will get slippery.

Beautiful day in the 09 although a touch chilly. Hard track and no excuses for a poor performance.

If we are mentally on - and I have no reason to think we aren’t with Marata and Egan back - and Jazz playing for a contract - then I think we win by a margin.

Something like 28-10 would be my prediction. But if we are off, then it could easily swing the other way.

A win here is crucial. It’s already a very tight competition with almost everyone on 4 points. We need to join them.

UP THE WAHS!

Morning all.

Here we go.

Little bit nervous for the first time this season, the reason being a loss here would be pretty tough, knowing we have close to a full strength side.

Last year the Knights beat us, and therefore we dropped a game to a side that would not go on to find form till latter in that season.

They out enthused us that game, and this will be the plan today, beat the Warriors off effort.

The problem for the Knights is though, it is hard to catch a Warriors side flat footed when the Warriors are at home, the hype, the game day experience, the adrenaline sees the Warriors start fast at Mt Smart.

So from a Knights pov, you wanna take the crowd out of it early eh.

Anyway fook talking about what is good for the Knights, I think they will find that the early season clunky Warriors will still be too strong. This time last year Webster had them holding onto the ball and playing the arm wrestle, the Warriors accelerator had a Governor on it, a speed limit, Dylan Walker talked about it. This year we go in with the shackles off, and I think it will be the Warriors strike power that will take out Newy today.

Last edited:
Morning all.

Here we go.

Little bit nervous for the first time this season, the reason being a loss here would be pretty tough, knowing we have close to a full strength side.

Last year the Knights beat us in the season opener, and therefore we dropped a game to a side that would not go on to find form till much latter in the season.

They out enthused us that night in Wellington, and this will be the plan today, beat the Warriors off effort.

The problem for the Knights is though, it is hard to catch a Warriors side flat footed when the Warriors are at home, the hype, the game day experience, the adrenaline sees the Warriors start fast at Mt Smart.

So from a Knights pov, you wanna take the crowd out of it early eh.

Anyway fook talking about what is good for the Knights, I think they will find that the early season clunky Warriors will still be too strong. This time last year Webster had them holding onto the ball and playing the arm wrestle, the Warriors accelerator had a Governor on it, a speed limit, Dylan Walker talked about it. This year we go in with the shackles off, and I think it will be the Warriors strike power that will take out Newy today.
We won the first game of the season last year???

Yeah it will be interesting to see how we play. Imo we had a clear directive last week with zero offloads. I can't remember the last time we had 0 offloads in a game (had a look past our last 15 odd games and I think 4 was the lowest amount of offloads I found), so it seems it was a clear tactic last week, I hope we have a bit more of a free reign this week.

We need to earn it tho, smesh them up front and then go around them or pop an offload for RTS or Metcalf who should be supporting/looking for that late offload

24 wins apiece between the 2 clubs & a draw heading into the 50th clash today. We lead the points differential by 50 & combined points per match is 45.
I don't sense a huge form of rivalry between us despite the competitiveness. More that they're a yardstick of where we are at.
Interested to see how Niukore, Bunty & Jazz split the minutes of the bench & reckon we'll win by 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back