General NFL

koolkat

1st Grade Fringe
May 18, 2012
Nelson
We have the best support.and sell more jerseys than Oakland.how familiar,should of stuck with Johnny vanzell.

Ozwarrior

1st Grade Fringe
Nov 8, 2014
I don’t man at least the Warriors give you a false sense of hope the Browns since they came into the NFL have only made the playoffs once and only two season that they have won over 50% of there games that shit has to be the worst every year knowing your team is trash.
Browns were a good team in the 80s. Finished 1st a few times. Made the playoffs. They made playoffs in 2002 but really since then have been shit. They are shit but have had many winning seasons and made the playoffs over 30 times in there history. If it wasn’t for John Elway in the 80s things could of been different for the Browns history. Not sure anyone would remember “the drive” Elway produced in the 1986 AFC championship game to take the broncos to the Super Bowl. Anyway the browns are shit.

t-wade23

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 7, 2012
Browns were a good team in the 80s. Finished 1st a few times. Made the playoffs. They made playoffs in 2002 but really since then have been shit. They are shit but have had many winning seasons and made the playoffs over 30 times in there history. If it wasn’t for John Elway in the 80s things could of been different for the Browns history. Not sure anyone would remember “the drive” Elway produced in the 1986 AFC championship game to take the broncos to the Super Bowl. Anyway the browns are shit.
The “New” Browns that came back in 1999 I mean sorry should of mentioned that cause the Orignal Browns relocated to Baltimore which became the Ravens i do remember the 1980s browns they were really good with Bernie Kosar at QB those guys always were on the end of Elway and the Broncos breaking there hearts.

t-wade23

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 7, 2012
Super Bowl bound for my Eagles didn’t expect it given that Carson Wentz got hurt thought chances were done proberly gonna get smashed by the Pats but happy to be a Eagles fan today our chance to end the endless ringless taunts from Giants,Redskins and Cowgirl fans finally

snake77

Warriors 1st Grader
Jul 12, 2013
Vince McMahon is bringing back the XFL a good way to lose $100 million.

There have been some good documentaries on ESPN about different rivals to the NFL with the USFL and the XFL. Maybe there is a market for an alternative and the US has a huge population. It's quite interesting see a company trying to enter a market with a huge established rival and how they will go trying to build vs the organisation already with the established base and business relationships. Also how the established company reacts if they do at all. Like the XFL the first time, or TNA as an alternative to the WWE in pro-wrestling or MMA organisations going up against the UFC.

Going up against the NFL is a tough ask.

The USFL was interesting. It seemed like a reasonable alternative with teams in different cities and at a different time of the year. The main problem was rushing to compete with the NFL, mainly pushed by some club owners. Donald Trump being the big one who probably wanted to merge with the NFL and get his own NFL team.

The original XFL had a lot of issues. Mainly due to being so tied into pro-wrestling at a time when the WWE was pretty risque. Viewers wanting football got a presentation so radically different. They also didn't give teams enough chance to practice, the press details today sounds like they won't repeat that but that still depends on when they get players signed up and team licenses.

He also needs to find business partners as $100 million will get chewed up pretty quickly. Vince McMahon and business outside wrestling don't usually go to well see XFL version one and the WBF.

t-wade23

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 7, 2012
Vince McMahon is bringing back the XFL a good way to lose $100 million.

There have been some good documentaries on ESPN about different rivals to the NFL with the USFL and the XFL. Maybe there is a market for an alternative and the US has a huge population. It's quite interesting see a company trying to enter a market with a huge established rival and how they will go trying to build vs the organisation already with the established base and business relationships. Also how the established company reacts if they do at all. Like the XFL the first time, or TNA as an alternative to the WWE in pro-wrestling or MMA organisations going up against the UFC.

Going up against the NFL is a tough ask.

The USFL was interesting. It seemed like a reasonable alternative with teams in different cities and at a different time of the year. The main problem was rushing to compete with the NFL, mainly pushed by some club owners. Donald Trump being the big one who probably wanted to merge with the NFL and get his own NFL team.

The original XFL had a lot of issues. Mainly due to being so tied into pro-wrestling at a time when the WWE was pretty risque. Viewers wanting football got a presentation so radically different. They also didn't give teams enough chance to practice, the press details today sounds like they won't repeat that but that still depends on when they get players signed up and team licenses.

He also needs to find business partners as $100 million will get chewed up pretty quickly. Vince McMahon and business outside wrestling don't usually go to well see XFL version one and the WBF.

It would be pretty cool if he got guys like RG3,Johnny Manziel,Tim Tebow to sign up it would give him the mainstream he would be after.

t-wade23

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 7, 2012
Grats T-Wade ... Nick Foles & the Philadelphia Eagles..

So Glad you guys won...

HAIL PHILADELPHIA & the EAGLES

SUPER BOWL CHAMPS BABY WHAT A RIDE.

Seriously though didn’t think this could do it esp against Brady and the Pats but kudos to them after all the injury’s somehow found a way.

20 plus years being a fan since 1992 with Reggie White and that dominant defense and the early 2000s with McNabb and them boys getting so close every year to now. What a start to the year hopefully the warriors can do something similar lol

t-wade23

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 7, 2012
NZ born Samoan-background, Sydney-based Aussie. Jordan Mailata is set to join Super Bowl champs
& t-wade23s fave team the Philadelphia Eagles..

And he has never played NFL before .:rolleyes:

Jordan Mailata at 6 foot 8 inches & 156kg used to be a South Sydney Rabbitoh but will now be an offensive linesman for the Eagles.

Philadelphia gave up their 250th pick and a 2019 seventh-round selection to New England to move up 17 spots and take the New Zealand-born, Samoan-background, Sydney-based Aussie.

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/...les-draft-huge-australian-rugby-player-2018-4

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rug...-super-bowl-champs/ar-AAwtFzD?ocid=spartandhp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oH233ZDm-BA

Mailata was in Dallas to attend the draft, and spoke to US media after being selected.

"Towards the end of my rugby [league season] last year I composed a little highlight video as a back-up just to figure out what I was going to do with my life," Mailata told NFL Network.

"My agent knew some NFL people who run this international program and I was fortunate enough to get their attention.

"They flew me out to LA last November and I've worked out for them and next thing you know I'm fortunate enough to get on a program start training the last three or four months, try to pick up the game of football. I know I'm far behind but it's a challenge and something that I knew I had to take on."

At South Sydney he played 12 games in the under-20s side, scoring eight tries. He struggled to play many minutes off the bench, though had an astonishing ability to steamroll defences and was still on track to keep pursuing a career in the NRL. But Mailata took a shot at American football, and now it seems to have paid off.

He impressed working out at the IMG Academy in Florida, blitzed his pro day in front of representatives from all 32 teams and made numerous visits to different franchises in the lead-up to the draft, including Philadelphia, Washington, the Chargers, Steelers, Falcons and Browns.

"It's a fun sport, I thought why not give it a try," Mailata said.

"Only being 20 years of age I thought give it a try, I'm still young. I also didn't realise how athletic the sport was. Making the choice to come here, I have not regretted it one bit.

"It's an absolute brainstorm of an experience."

Of course it didn't take long for American commentators to drop the 'league' part of his footy background and appear puzzled at the name of one of rugby league's most iconic clubs.

"What is a Rabbitoh?" an NFL Network panellist asked :)

"It's pretty much a rabbit," Mailata explained.

Hope he goes well hard to see where he fits in could be a practice squad member for at least 2 years so he can pick up the game will be hard for him to play O-Line would be nice to see him in sub packages on offense as a 3rd tight end or some running back plays will be interesting to see how he goes.

Reactions: BiggerD

BiggerD

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2012
Sydney
Hope he goes well hard to see where he fits in could be a practice squad member for at least 2 years so he can pick up the game will be hard for him to play O-Line would be nice to see him in sub packages on offense as a 3rd tight end or some running back plays will be interesting to see how he goes.
Jordan Mailata has made the 53 man Roster for the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles.. How good is that & what a quick learner.

He used to push around league players now its Big Time NFL as a defensive End.
Protecting the Quaterback.

So we should see him playing on our TVs shortly. As the NFL season starts next week.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/01/report-jordan-mailata-makes-the-eagles-53-man-roster/

Reactions: STEEDEN

JaggedJ

1st Grade Fringe
Apr 19, 2018
Jordan Mailata has made the 53 man Roster for the Super Bowl Champion Philadelphia Eagles.. How good is that & what a quick learner.

So we should see him playing on our TVs shortly. As the NFL season starts next week.

https://theeagleswire.usatoday.com/2018/09/01/report-jordan-mailata-makes-the-eagles-53-man-roster/

Defensive Ends don't protect the QB, they try and kill the QB.

Wouldn't expect to see him a whole lot on TV. Good chance he gets minimal playing time or is even redshirted for his rookie season.

t-wade23

1st Grade Fringe
Jun 7, 2012

Good on him his progression the last four months has been insane for someone that never played the game not only has he picked up the game fast enough playing offensive line which is a really difficult position to play he now has been touted by offensive line scouts to have all pro type talent if he continues to develop at this rate he will be a starter in no time. He’s a bit away from being a starter but for now making the 53 man roster after 4 months is a massive achievement.

BiggerD

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2012
Sydney
How Good is Lamar Jackson

Love the Ravens.. Ravens area very smart bird

Would you love this QB playing NRL

HE RUNS like a Damm Truck

I Bought his jersey from NFL.com.. cost $250 but well worth it :)

• Love
Reactions: Kestrel84

Kestrel84

Rippin' and a Tearin'
Contributor
Aug 26, 2017
Auckland
How Good is Lamar Jackson

Love the Ravens.. Ravens area very smart bird

Would you love this QB playing NRL

HE RUNS like a Damm Truck

I Bought his jersey from NFL.com.. cost $250 but well worth it :)

Ravens fan here, and how good has Lamar come on this season. Last season his running game was at the fore, but his throwing game so far this season has also been pretty good. Turning into an extremely dangerous player.

BiggerD

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2012
Sydney
NFL Game Pass is FREE until the end of July for Kiwis & Aussies because of the virus

Watch latest NFL news... Old games.. Highlights. what happening with Tom Brady etc

1584837637037.png

Last edited:

BiggerD

1st Grade Fringe
May 15, 2012
Sydney
NFL 2020 starts Friday at midday NZT or 10am AEST

What a season ahead.
Possibly no crowds in USA Stadiums, lots of changes to the Rosters

The Oakland Raiders are now the LAS VEGAS Raiders
And Tom Brady the GOAT is playing for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers

This you tube video describes whats going on anyways.

ryno

1st Grade Fringe
May 8, 2012
Who does everyone support?

Was a big Eagles fan when McNabb was playing, now I am not too sure. I really enjoyed watching Kansas City with Mahomes last season, he is a freak! Definitely interested in seeing how the Patriots and Bucs go this season as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

Upcoming Match

Manly Sea Eagles Central Coast Stadium

Last Game

20 Sep

14 - 26
5.9 Total Avg Rating
5.9 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 11 ratings