General News For You (please read).

• Thread starter Warrior_Hot_Stepper_old
  • Start date

Ronnie_7_old

Also I have this thing about God and if he was so great and believed in so much good why would he let bombings and what-not happen? I was then told by Jehova witnesses that visit here and drop their mags off that it was something to do with poeples choices. My question for that is If he made us then why make us with the capability of doing such things or the ability to do such cruel things to other creatures and human beings? Another question is I've heard that if you committed suicide among other things that you wouldn't be allowed in heaven? I thought that forgiveness was the buzz and if he so loved the world to give his only begotten son then why would he dexclude or reject someone? Very contradicting.

These are some of the reasons why I have no interest in believing in this kind of stuff.

madbaz_old

Contradiction is the key word.

if Jesus Christ knew that he was going to be crucified, then by not doing everything in his power to escape, ( and apparently he had quite a bit of power) then wasnt he theorectily commiting suicide himself.

Would be no different than me pulling an unloaded gun on a cop would it?

warriors4life_old

bombings and cancer and other uncontrolable things like that happen because God gives human beings free will. if you do not want bombings to happen or diseases to occur be prepared to be controlled. by giving us free will God does not stop bombings or diseases, it is up to us. He does not let these things happen, we do.

Kav_old

Ronnie_7 said:
Kav said:
Ronnie_7 said:
I for one don't believe in God, Jesus etc... for all anyone knows the Bible could have been a story book for children. It has things in it that might ignite ones imagination. Who knows a few 1000 years down the track there might be ' The Gathering of Alice in Wonderland'. No-one actually knows that this stuff happened. No one now is alive to tell the REAL story.

So you also have serious doubts about any person or event in history earlier than the last century?.

Not really. I was just pointing out the fact that you can't really say that it's true or it's not.

Yeah but you accept all sorts of events as having occurred since then since they are written down. What's different about the Bible?

Kav_old

madbaz said:
Ive always been told to believe half of what you see and none of what you read.

I started to read the bible a long time ago, attended church on a regular basis and considered myself born again.

But after reading that a bloke had to sacrifice his only child to god so god would give him more kids I decided that it was all a load of hypocritical ravings.

If you are referring to Abraham, God tested his faith by asking him to sacrifice his only son, Isaac. Just as Abraham was about to kill his son, God stayed his hand and directed him to a goat instead.

Ronnie_7_old

Mate I question other stuff too. Not just the Bible.

Just to show you heres one of my thoeries and I laugh at it too. How do you know that someone really landed on the moon? i mean they say that it happened and they have pictures but how do we really know that that picture is from the moon? You'll never eally know even if your mate went to the moon and came back and told you you really wouldn't know unless you went yourself.
No I'm not one of those conspiracy people either I just like questioning stuff sometimes and making myself laugh at the things I come up with.

By the way you don't know what I accept and what I don't so you can't really comment on that.

Tajhay_old

ffs how many jesus threads are we gonna have on a freaking RUGBY LEAGUE forum!!

can the atheist mods please ban this guy from spreading any further nonsense!

madbaz_old

Kav said:
madbaz said:

I started to read the bible a long time ago, attended church on a regular basis and considered myself born again.

But after reading that a bloke had to sacrifice his only child to god so god would give him more kids I decided that it was all a load of hypocritical ravings.

If you are referring to Abraham, God tested his faith by asking him to sacrifice his only son, Isaac. Just as Abraham was about to kill his son, God stayed his hand and directed him to a goat instead.

Is it just me or does that seem like a bit of a powertrip.

Kav_old

madbaz said:
Kav said:
madbaz said:

Is it just me or does that seem like a bit of a powertrip.

No, just a test of faith which Abraham passed to prove he had the qualities to become a great Jewish leader. It has analogies with the sacrifice of God's own son which had a fatal conclusion.

Esoj_old

this maybe a rugby league forum for sure. but there is the section called the pub to talk about non-league issues. You guys do know that some of the warriors are christians right. so techinically this sort of thing should be allowed on the site.

good to know that they are some fellow christians on the site.

if you don't like this stuff don't read it nobody is forcing you too.

Wiki_old

Esoj said:
this maybe a rugby league forum for sure. but there is the section called the pub to talk about non-league issues. You guys do know that some of the warriors are christians right. so techinically this sort of thing should be allowed on the site.

good to know that they are some fellow christians on the site.

if you don't like this stuff don't read it nobody is forcing you too.

Yea thats fine but still I don't appreciate the title.

"NEWS FOR YOU"

What news? Haven't I heard this? I went to a religious school.

"PLEASE READ"

That in my mind is telling me to read it.

I don't mind a religious discussion and I have quite enjoyed this thread, but I didn't enjoy the first post.

Northern_Union

i strongly object to having that crap posted on a rugby league forum. I was brought up with that bulls**t shoved down my throat when i was young and don't appreciate it being served up here.
Take it else where please.

madbaz_old

I dont mind debating any topic but what shits me is when people get upset when they dont agree with others opinion or views.

They start a controversial thread such as religion then get upset when people disagree with them.

da mad maori

Sure this is a rugby league forum. But it has branches where other things can be discussed. Like the "Pub, where almost anything goes.
As I have been told on many occassion, if you disagree with a view, or a topic, say whats on your mind and leave it at that.
For those not entirely into religion, or disagree with whats been discussed, get out, dont particapate, and let those who do, discusss their views.

Kav_old

madbaz said:
I dont mind debating any topic but what shits me is when people get upset when they dont agree with others opinion or views.

They start a controversial thread such as religion then get upset when people disagree with them.

It appears to me that the ones getting upset are those with no faith.

Esoj_old

you do not have to read the thread either or post in it. and has been pointed out several times already this is a rugby league forum yes but there this section called the pub where non-league threads go.you don't have to visit this section if threads offend you so much then maybe stick to the league only threads.

Worried2Death

1st Grade Fringe
Mar 6, 2016
Bloody ell, hope these guys found what they were looking for in the next world. The Warriors don't lose the close ones in heaven.

Last Game

27 Aug

16 - 28
5.6 Total Avg Rating
0.0 Your Avg Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 5 ratings