General New Zealand Storm

• Thread starter 2big2strong_old
  • Start date

2big2strong_old

Just watching the pre-game to the Storm vs Titans game tonight and couldn't help but notice the strong Kiwi connection in Melbourne colours with all the SOO players away.

Steve Kearny Takes over as Coach for this game

Jeremy Smith is playing standoff

Jeff Lima
Sam Tagataese
Sika Manu
Cliff Manua
Adam Blair in the forwards

and U20's players
Liam Foran
Kevin Proctor
and Joseph Tomane making his debut

If you are have access to this game I suggest you watch it, it should be a good chance to see these young guys in action, not to mention if you count Kaufusi, there's more Kiwi players in this team than the warriors haha.

Skinny_Ravs82

Oh I see enough of them at homes ;) and the after matches. No need to see more! lmao

kingdamo_old

Its annoying how the commentators are calling him TOE MAIN, its freaking TOR MAA NE

Kid-Dynamite_old

Na, they can't be the same force when missing 10 frontline players!

Cooper Cronk was trying so hard to orchestrate something but without the likes of Folau, Inglis and Slater etc to link up with it doesn't have the same effect!
That's why they're 0-2 for these games without there origin stars!

Skinny_Ravs82

yeah that's true. It's never easy, but their young players aren't ath bad they can't muster a bit more. Pity thou. I know without some of their big names its a difficult situation, but for some reason I always think that its because of those players in Smith, Inglis, Slater and co that's why they are so good. Without them, they're a mess..I'd like to see them win games without these guys, and not have the exuse of rep duty

Jesbass_old

yeah that's true. It's never easy, but their young players aren't ath bad they can't muster a bit more. Pity thou. I know without some of their big names its a difficult situation, but for some reason I always think that its because of those players in Smith, Inglis, Slater and co that's why they are so good. Without them, they're a mess..I'd like to see them win games without these guys, and not have the exuse of rep duty

Aren't you the same person whose 'inside knowledge' state that the Storm would be just as good without their State of Origin stars as they are with them? I imagine Smith and co would have at least managed to score some points...

Skinny_Ravs82

Yeah...shame they didn't. Really thought they were better than that tonight...:(

2big2strong_old

The sad thing was, the Storm side missing 10 players, played a LOT like a full strength warriors side. Almost a mirror image as far as mistakes and poor options go. That's saying something.

The one thing that frustrates me about the warriors especially is a lack of direction that you see with the top quality teams such as the Storm, Manly, Titans, Roosters etc. The warriors just seem to pick the ball up and run anywhere and hope for the best (this year more than ever). That's how the Storm were playing tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kid-Dynamite_old

Yeah...shame they didn't. Really thought they were better than that tonight...:(

I thought they did pretty well. I thought the Titans were going to do it easier than that I must admit.

If the Storm had of held onto the ball a bit better they were a chnace in that game.
In a game where they were pretty much rated no chanc!

The Titans did lose Prince though so that was a bit of a blow!

Last edited by a moderator:

kingdamo_old

The sad thing was, the Storm side missing 10 players, played a LOT like a full strength warriors side. Almost a mirror image as far as mistakes and poor options go. That's saying something.

The one thing that frustrates me about the warriors especially is a lack of direction that you see with the top quality teams such as the Storm, Manly, Titans, Roosters etc. The warriors just seem to pick the ball up and run anywhere and hope for the best (this year more than ever). That's how the Storm were playing tonight.

I disagree with that actually, the Warriors are much better. At least they manage to score 6 tries.

The Storm don't actually have that good younger players, their U20's are only 11th and are not doing too good. Well compared to our U20's anyways.