General New Zealand Rugby League Premiership

westie stylz_old

I'm not sure if this is the official new name for the comp or not but I've seen it around a bit and Maori TV were using it today.

Might need to change the name of this section of the forum if it is.

Anybody seen any games? Kind of surprised how few people post anything on this comp in here. Really weird actually. I know it's a warriors forum but people waste time posting stuff in the extra forums here for a laugh.

I saw the Tamaki Titans game v Falcolns on Maori TV today. good on them for getting behind the game locally. If it wasn't for them the game in general would be in more strife. People don't realise the knockon effects it has in terms of players being rewarded for their efforts by getting their games on TV (few tapes for the collecting aye boys?!) and then the Warriors scouts or NRL scouts are able to see them play. It has a knock on effect for the guys the Warriors are getting as well.

anyway, the game... Titans basically had players who were better. Falcolns played hard but their man to man tackling was pathetic. They also seemed to lack self belief. The titans aren't that good guys. You just have to muscle up and keep hold of the ball and that score line could be much closer than the 56-14? that it ended up.

Anyway, hope my Raiders keep going well. they should have gone close tot he title last year if not for injuries.

The Westie Green Machine!!!!

Northern_Union

I'm not sure if this is the official new name for the comp or not but I've seen it around a bit and Maori TV were using it today.

Might need to change the name of this section of the forum if it is.

Anybody seen any games? Kind of surprised how few people post anything on this comp in here. Really weird actually. I know it's a warriors forum but people waste time posting stuff in the extra forums here for a laugh.

I saw the Tamaki Titans game v Falcolns on Maori TV today. good on them for getting behind the game locally. If it wasn't for them the game in general would be in more strife. People don't realise the knockon effects it has in terms of players being rewarded for their efforts by getting their games on TV (few tapes for the collecting aye boys?!) and then the Warriors scouts or NRL scouts are able to see them play. It has a knock on effect for the guys the Warriors are getting as well.

anyway, the game... Titans basically had players who were better. Falcolns played hard but their man to man tackling was pathetic. They also seemed to lack self belief. The titans aren't that good guys. You just have to muscle up and keep hold of the ball and that score line could be much closer than the 56-14? that it ended up.

Anyway, hope my Raiders keep going well. they should have gone close tot he title last year if not for injuries.

The Westie Green Machine!!!!

Don't you mean Rangers?

Northern_Union

Haha. Getting myself well confused there.

I can still remember going to watch the raiders playing at the ground thats just off the main road.....you see the all blacks training there on the news.

Geez they were the days when the Raiders had Greg Hielly, Kosta Melamatinos, George Milner,Dayne Mann.....ahh the memories:)

westie stylz_old

I remember seeing Stacy Jones score an 80 metre try from the base of the scrum against the Waitakere Raiders at Waitakere Stadium for the Auckland Vulcans? in 1994 or thereabouts.

blain91_old

just watching the orcas game today, we need to sign the fullback from wellington. he was great, would play very well as a halve also. welli turned into the young talent team, which is good. samoa i think his name is, the number 2 was also good. i do hope some warriors scouts are watching these games.

moonfire_old

I was an eastern tornado fan but now that they are gone I don't go to bartercard cup games anymore. I kinda feel like a Illawara fan, my teams there but just not lol.